Thread: Gene, Doug, I need your help.

Gene, Doug, I need your help.

so I am trying to put together a list of awesome kung fu movies i missed out on over the past 2 years or so.

so far i got
    that Chen Zhen movie
    little big soldier
    shinjuku movie with Jackie Chan
    14 blades

i saw that champions movie the chinese made for the olympics, it was alright. that was the last kung fu movie i think i saw.

what else am i missing out on? ever since that DVD place closed down Doug, I am like a grasshopper wandering around in fog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

did you watch ong bak 2 yet?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I was disappointed with 14 Blades. Shinjuku Incident didn't do anything for me. I'm giving up on Derek Yee. Undisputed 3 is the best thing to come out in a bit. Blood and Bone is also pretty good. Also Black Dynamite.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

i liked undisputed 3, some good action. makes me look forward to seeing him in Weapon.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

oh ya, black dynamite, that scene in the hallway where he loses it made the entire movie for me i laughed so freaking hard at that outburst i had to rewind it and watch i a couple times.

Just review the forum here, SLL.

Check out the new films with the most thread replies.

The ones getting the most buzz right now aside from Chen Zhen are Reign of Assassins and Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame. You saw Ip Man 2, right? As, we just posted Craig Reid's SDAFF preview, which lists some of the new stuff.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

lucas, jethro thanks.

i have not seen ip man 2 yet. i saw the first one. wanted to see 2nd one.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Chocolate and Raging Phoenix are good movies.

There's Wushu, with several young wushu athletes and Sammo Hung. Not as good as Sammo's old movies, but not too bad, either, if you don't expect too much.

ya chocolate is sweet, best fight from that movie imo.

autistic girl fights boy with turrets

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    ya chocolate is sweet, best fight from that movie imo.

autistic girl fights boy with turrets
    lol, that's what I thought, too. The first time the boy walked onscreen, I knew he was going to end up being her toughest opponent.

Another good movie is Blood and Bone. It's a very good Michael Jai White flick.

thanks guys.

@gene yeah its lots of searching!