Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do your friends/colleagues in jest 'test' your skills?

Do your friends/colleagues in jest 'test' your skills?

Do they do things like throwing a jab miles out of range and then saying 'haha you didnt block that did you' etc

Most of mates used to do this all the time but in the summer I decided it was getting a little bit silly so I decided if they try this in jest im going to give them a taste of there of medicine etc and give them a little dig here and there.

What are your experiences

Quote Originally Posted by Saboi Osmosis View Post
    Do they do things like throwing a jab miles out of range and then saying 'haha you didnt block that did you' etc

Most of mates used to do this all the time but in the summer I decided it was getting a little bit silly so I decided if they try this in jest im going to give them a taste of there of medicine etc and give them a little dig here and there.

What are your experiences
    No, I don't hang around with under 20's. lol

But that's what kids do, they boast, they brag, they try to make some sort of identity for themselves that exhibits control or difference from the mainstream.

Once you've lived a little and grow up, you'll find that people over 30 that behave like that probably do so because of fetal alcohol syndrome or some other learning disability or psychological issue that has not been addressed or resolved.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    YES, once your friends know you practice martial arts they always doing someone stupid. i've actually struck a few of my friends who've messed around like that.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    No, I don't hang around with under 20's. lol

But that's what kids do, they boast, they brag, they try to make some sort of identity for themselves that exhibits control or difference from the mainstream.

Once you've lived a little and grow up, you'll find that people over 30 that behave like that probably do so because of fetal alcohol syndrome or some other learning disability or psychological issue that has not been addressed or resolved.
    im 35 years old, and most of my mates are around my age, 'boys will be boys'

im 35 years old, and most of my mates are around my age, 'boys will be boys'
    You live in Essex or something? lol

A better class of friends maybe? I dunno.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You live in Essex or something? lol

A better class of friends maybe? I dunno.
    Do you offen make assumptions without any facts?

David Jamieson in thinking all guys over the age of 30 are mature LOL , I think you need to live a little to be fair.

Do you offen make assumptions without any facts?

David Jamieson in thinking all guys over the age of 30 are mature LOL , I think you need to live a little to be fair.
    I don't think that at all. I think it's in their best interest to be that, but alas, I know it's not true at all.

I can't help you beyond, get friends that are mature and be mature yourself.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

maybe you and ur frends are just cold and distant toward each other , dave. maybe you never had a real friend.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    maybe you and ur frends are just cold and distant toward each other , dave. maybe you never had a real friend.
    BAWANG!!!!! NO, dave won't be your friend and he DOESN'T want to spoon with you.....DO YOU? I mean fogive me for speaking for david!!!!! LMAO

UR SO GAY Bawang!!!!

how is spooning another man gay? man youre a weirdo.

got to be careful sneak attacking people....i stabbed my best friend once....dont do it.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I don't think that at all. I think it's in their best interest to be that, but alas, I know it's not true at all.

I can't help you beyond, get friends that are mature and be mature yourself.
    I didnt make this thread asking for help, so feel free to act the immature smart ar** all you like.

If you cant contribute, pipe down and run along

when my friend joked the next time i gave him props i smashed his fist. he couldnt move his hand for half the day. maybe u can try that.

I didnt make this thread asking for help, so feel free to act the immature smart ar** all you like.

If you cant contribute, pipe down and run along
    I'm not offering you any help.
    do whatever you like.

I think you're running with a pack of immature guys by your own admission.
    If you don't like comments on an open forum, maybe you should thicken your skin a bit first before posting questions about what others do, think and have experienced.

My experience is that guys who are over 25, that behave in the manner as you describe have issues and should invest time in growing up.

What can I say, you did ask what our experiences are.

But hey, if you're gonna get all defensive about it, maybe it's you that should move along? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    once, i was at the grocery store looking for something in the frozen foods section for my girlfriend. I was so focused on looking for what she had me picking up i wasn't paying attention to anything else when suddenly i hear these footsteps coming at me in my direction and saw this person rushing me. I stepped back a little and hit him under his chin with an elbow. His head flew back and i heard his teeth click together. then i noticed it was my friend. i was like FOOL!!!!