Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do your friends/colleagues in jest 'test' your skills?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I'm not offering you any help.
    do whatever you like.

I think you're running with a pack of immature guys by your own admission.
    If you don't like comments on an open forum, maybe you should thicken your skin a bit first before posting questions about what others do, think and have experienced.

My experience is that guys who are over 25, that behave in the manner as you describe have issues and should invest time in growing up.

What can I say, you did ask what our experiences are.

But hey, if you're gonna get all defensive about it, maybe it's you that should move along? lol
    STEADY! LOL

Now its jumped down to 25 years old for some reason??? make your mind up!

what can I say my mates come from all backgrounds from teachers to footballers to scrapyard workers, and one thing is for sure we all have a bit of BANTA and fun.

David have you ever had a bit of BANTA with your mates?

Quote Originally Posted by Saboi Osmosis View Post
    STEADY! LOL

Now its jumped down to 25 years old for some reason??? make your mind up!

what can I say my mates come from all backgrounds from teachers to footballers to scrapyard workers, and one thing is for sure we all have a bit of BANTA and fun.

David have you ever had a bit of BANTA with your mates?
    we come from different worlds.

I have fun with friends. We don't playfight with each other on any level.

I mean, I'll spar with guys, sometimes really hard, but we're all in agrreance about what will go down and we all realize and know in the front of the mind that there is a possibilty we could get hurt while doing that.

I'm closer to fifty than 30, so attribute it to that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

we come from different worlds.

I have fun with friends. We don't playfight with each other on any level.

I mean, I'll spar with guys, sometimes really hard, but we're all in agrreance about what will go down and we all realize and know in the front of the mind that there is a possibilty we could get hurt while doing that.

I'm closer to fifty than 30, so attribute it to that.
    So you have never had a mate that used to mock/jest test your skills 20/30 years ago?

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    eh depends on the friend... i've had it happen.. no biggie just roll with the punches. I'm the same I have friends from all backgrounds, from redneck, to tech nerd, to jock, to family man, etc.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

So you have never had a mate that used to mock/jest test your skills 20/30 years ago?
    yep I have.

If it offends you, don't play, make them feel a little something. They will not do that again. Apologize, but level set the individual quickly. Then there will be no more jesting.

a bit of futy and hows yer ma aside, if you are not comfortable with playfight, take it up one peg, make a small hurt, apologize, move on.

pretty cut and dried.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

wow man u r so wise
    i wish u were my dad

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

yep I have.

If it offends you, don't play, make them feel a little something. They will not do that again. Apologize, but level set the individual quickly. Then there will be no more jesting.

a bit of futy and hows yer ma aside, if you are not comfortable with playfight, take it up one peg, make a small hurt, apologize, move on.

pretty cut and dried.
    so after all your BS and banging on about my mates being immature, your mates did just the same LOL

Like I said earlier, I dont want your advice on this sunbect, why are your trying to give me advice I dont know?

In the first post I mentioned that I give them a taste of there own medicine and its cool now, and if they, in jest horse around they knon im going to give them a dig.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    wow man u r so wise
    i wish u were my dad
    I actually laughed at that post

so after all your BS and banging on about my mates being immature, your mates did just the same LOL

Like I said earlier, I dont want your advice on this sunbect, why are your trying to give me advice I dont know?

In the first post I mentioned that I give them a taste of there own medicine and its cool now, and if they, in jest horse around they knon im going to give them a dig.
    nay lad. now it is you who assume. the mates I am referring to we were in our teens and early 20's.

I still think behaviours into the 30's like this...well, you're all a little long in the tooth for such things aren't you.

still, did you apologize for hurting your friend?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    once, i was at the grocery store looking for something in the frozen foods section for my girlfriend. I was so focused on looking for what she had me picking up i wasn't paying attention to anything else when suddenly i hear these footsteps coming at me in my direction and saw this person rushing me. I stepped back a little and hit him under his chin with an elbow. His head flew back and i heard his teeth click together. then i noticed it was my friend. i was like FOOL!!!!
    The lesson there is don't mess with hskwarrior when food is involved. That is the one time when he actually will fight for real.

nay lad. now it is you who assume. the mates I am referring to we were in our teens and early 20's.

I still think behaviours into the 30's like this...well, you're all a little long in the tooth for such things aren't you.

still, did you apologize for hurting your friend?
    Well you said you was near 50 right, so 20 or 30 years ago, then of course your mates at that time would of been in the 20's, thats hardly an assumption its basics maths to be fair.

and Ive hit a few of my mates, in these senarios, and I have not felt the need to apolgise in the slightest.

Well you said you was near 50 right, so 20 or 30 years ago, then of course your mates at that time would of been in the 20's, thats hardly an assumption its basics maths to be fair.

and Ive hit a few of my mates, in these senarios, and I have not felt the need to apolgise in the slightest.
    a) splitting hairs

b) apologize, youll go far

c) why can't we be friends?

Kung Fu is good for you.

a) splitting hairs

b) apologize, youll go far

c) why can't we be friends?

there isnt any need to apolgise, its fun

when i friend pretend to jab me, i grabbed his wrist, broke his arm in 5 places and proceeded to elbow him in the face till his jaw broke

true story
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    The lesson there is don't mess with hskwarrior when food is involved. That is the one time when he actually will fight for real.
    that's RIGHT! Muddachukkah!!!!!!!!

Ya know where i learned that from? PRACTICING FORMS
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-21-2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better