Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Information on 5 Animals - Ark Wong's style and ranks

Quote Originally Posted by thailandgary View Post
    Back in the very early 70's , Y.C. Wong ,a couple of his top students , and some other Sifu from Seattle came to Los Angeles , and wanted to talk to GM Wong about forming a kung fu society ...He thought it was pretty funny , but we got a free dinner out of it ... My name is Gary Steuer , and I was invited to come along by GM Wong. After the dinner we went back to the studio on Ord st. and he thanked them for the dinner and that was that ... Thhe belt / sash thing meant absolutely nothing....At Chinese new year our school was always given to perform for the celebration in front of the crowds... Before going into the parade GM Wong would hand out sashes to all the students so that we would look colorful...That was all there was to it ....... You are so right , who would confront a fake after the teacher had died..... Truth is there are plenty ! I would like to have that chance !!
    I am not affiliated with Mr. Steuer (thailandgary), but thought I would plug his dvd for him since I enjoyed it so much. As Mr. Steuer (sorry, don't know your formal title to address you as such) has pointed out, he was student of GM Ark Wong. He has also produced a dvd talking about some of the basics of this system and the beginning forms. I would highly suggest anyone interested in this system (especially the Ed Parker kenpo folks, who wonder where the chinese influence came from) should get this dvd. I also point this out, to illustrate the fact that Mr. Steuer was THERE and is an authority on the ranking system used by GM Ark Wong and to listen to what he has to say in the matter. It is not heresay or what someone else told him.

http://choylifutmokhung.com/
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Blog Entries

I have a question.....

I was interested in seeing Mr Steuer's video. And it was interesting to say the least. but i have a question......

You said Mr. Choy, Mr. Lee, Mr. Fut, Mr. Mok, and Mr. Hung created CHOY LEE FUT MOK HUNG..........

I was hoping you can elaborate on this for me. Especially the Mr. Fut part.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-29-2010 at 10:56 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries

I have a question.....

I was interested in seeing Mr Steuer's video. And it was interesting to say the least. but i have a question......

You said in the video below MR. Choy, MR. Lee, MR. Fut, MR. Mok, and MR. Hung created CHOY LEE FUT MOK HUNG..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwa4dFXgGZg

I was hoping you can elaborate on this for me. Especially the MR. Fut part. I ask because those were NOT the names of the last 5 surviving monks of the Southern Shaolin Temple.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-29-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Mr Fut.....

heh heh heh heh
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Mr Fut.....

heh heh heh heh
    Mr. Han's cousin.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by thailandgary View Post
    OK , Either this is just a joke or you have a listening problem.......... In Chinese styles ..BELTS DON'T EXIST ! If they do , they are strictly for in school use.........
    I'm not trying to irritate anybody, or question your credentials (which somebody else posted) - which are impressive.

I'm merely asking because of what the "instructor" told me, and what I've been able to glean off the internet from sites where people who supposedly learned from Ark Wong have sash ranks, like this place: http://narrowpathacademy.webs.com/lineagecurriculum.htm

Or this place: http://www.shaolinlomita.com/

So would it be fair to say then that these "ranks" were created after the fact by people who opened their own schools, and Ark Wong never gave out any official sash or belt ranks, or declared anybody a "master?"
    Last edited by Grasshopper101; 10-29-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    He must mean Charlie Fut.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Eh, Brah. You know what fut means in Hawai'ian English? I used to get snickers when I mentioned Charlie Fut to sama dem kajukenbo/kenkabo guys.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

My teacher lived and trained with GM Ark Yuey Wong. Traditional Chinese Martial Arts do not have belts. Either you know, or you get your @$$ beat. I was told there were no tests. The only true test was in the streets or in defeating challengers. He checked your forms, and told his students, "In the school you will sweat blood, in the streets you will smile."

Blog Entries
    My teacher lived and trained with GM Ark Yuey Wong. Traditional Chinese Martial Arts do not have belts. Either you know, or you get your @$$ beat. I was told there were no tests. The only true test was in the streets or in defeating challengers. He checked your forms, and told his students, "In the school you will sweat blood, in the streets you will smile."
    Just Sayin'

instead of giving belts have your students go through traditional disciple initiation. have all your seniors brutally beat him. if he no die, he become one of u.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Maybe it was the FUT CLAN?

Mr Fut... hehehe....
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Belts are for the ego only. Why else would you have it if it weren't for stroking your own...you know...

Your own Mr. Fut...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Mr. Han's cousin.
    oh man... that one hit me hard... im still laughing... funny

"Suddenly, I'd like to leave your island!"

"That is not possible!"

"Bull Sh!t Mister Han man!"

*Fighting ensues*
    Time
    Slips through fingers