Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How women screw up the martial arts for us...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    In Iberia, don't they say "Girls are for babies, boys are for fun"?
    Greece is not in Iberia.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The problem is when women see martial arts as some silly, childish thing. The problem I had in the past was women who's entire life revolved around me and spending time with me. Some women have the tendancy to give up their friends, lives, and many things they enjoy because they foung the one.

Than they want to spend every waking moment with you and want you to stop doing the things they don't like to do, such as martial arts. It sucks, but there are lots of women in the world. Find one who accepts the things you like, is individual herself and has her own friends and hobbies, and is willing to compromise on things.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Blog Entries
    The problem is when women see martial arts as some silly, childish thing. The problem I had in the past was women who's entire life revolved around me and spending time with me. Some women have the tendancy to give up their friends, lives, and many things they enjoy because they foung the one.
    THAT is my biggest pet peeve about women.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post

Than they want to spend every waking moment with you and want you to stop doing the things they don't like to do, such as martial arts. It sucks, but there are lots of women in the world. Find one who accepts the things you like, is individual herself and has her own friends and hobbies, and is willing to compromise on things.
    I completely agree

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    a few things:
    1) Any girl I'm with knows that I do this, and it is my life. They need to understand this going in. Make that a priority.
    2) Any relationship requires that you are able to retreat into a neutral corner.
    My parents were married for 50 yrs. Dad (RIP) had his boat, fishing, bowling, and his workshop. Mom had her Bridge club, Stock watchers club,and various things she did around the house. They both met on common ground-going out to dinner, socializing with other boaters, going on cruises, etc.
    Trust me, if you are joined at the hip, you will fail. Frustration turns to hostility.
    You need to respect each other's space, and come together on common ground. Absinthe ..oops, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I was with a girl for ten years-she worked in the city, I ran my school. We saw each other at night when I came home, and on weekends-Saturdays, I taught until 2pm, then went to Sifu's until 7ish. Then Saturday night we would go out. (Sometimes with Sifu and his wife and friends.) Sundays, if there wasn't a seminar or a tournament, we'd do something.
    We rarely fought.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    a few things:
    1) Any girl I'm with knows that I do this, and it is my life. They need to understand this going in. Make that a priority.
    2) Any relationship requires that you are able to retreat into a neutral corner.
    My parents were married for 50 yrs. Dad (RIP) had his boat, fishing, bowling, and his workshop. Mom had her Bridge club, Stock watchers club,and various things she did around the house. They both met on common ground-going out to dinner, socializing with other boaters, going on cruises, etc.
    Trust me, if you are joined at the hip, you will fail. Frustration turns to hostility.
    You need to respect each other's space, and come together on common ground. Absinthe ..oops, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I was with a girl for ten years-she worked in the city, I ran my school. We saw each other at night when I came home, and on weekends-Saturdays, I taught until 2pm, then went to Sifu's until 7ish. Then Saturday night we would go out. (Sometimes with Sifu and his wife and friends.) Sundays, if there wasn't a seminar or a tournament, we'd do something.
    We rarely fought.
    A friend of mine once said that the leading cause of divorce is apartments, why?
    No basement for the guy to take off to and have his ME time and Me space !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    A friend of mine once said that the leading cause of divorce is apartments, why?
    No basement for the guy to take off to and have his ME time and Me space !
    No kidding. Nothing worse than not getting enough Masochistic Endoscopy time and space.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

this reminds me of this one guy i knew when i was training at Grudge he had an amateur fight under his belt and since we were at the the time the only two newbs interested in fighting so we worked together alot and every time we were working out he had to break to call his wife and ask her what time he had to come home and how long he could stay

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    this reminds me of this one guy i knew when i was training at Grudge he had an amateur fight under his belt and since we were at the the time the only two newbs interested in fighting so we worked together alot and every time we were working out he had to break to call his wife and ask her what time he had to come home and how long he could stay
    Yeah, but he went home and got laid, the rest of you guys stayed and took a shower together.
    GAY !!

Yeah, but he went home and got laid, the rest of you guys stayed and took a shower together.
    GAY !!
    Goju's training partner:

"The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

GAY !!

like something this good looking would be gay! it would be cruel to the women folk

Blog Entries
    like something this good looking would be gay! it would be cruel to the women folk
    all the OVERLY good looking men are typically GAYBOBS.....

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    all the OVERLY good looking men are typically GAYBOBS.....
    thats what the ugly guys say

Blog Entries
    thats what the ugly guys say
    nothing wrong with UGLY.....cause there will ALWAYS be FUGLY!!!!!!

for a fitness guru, simmons has gone to pot...

there seems to be something wrong with his knee and hip alignment.

and did he actually NEVER work on his legs?

I guess when you weigh 450 lbs, Simmons looks like a frigging olympic athlete...

anyway, manhugs!!! manhugs!!
    Kung Fu is good for you.