Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Constructing a purely TCMA MMA? Can it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    And you base your opinion on?
    Monkey Boxing has groundwork. So that is at least one TCMA that has it.
    CMA groundwork is based on the supposition that the attacker wants to remain standing. Even in Monkey. Even in that Tiger and "Shaolin" bullsh1t HW108 posted. No control of the opponent on the ground, or concern with securing a dominant position necessary to submit a trained, conditioned fighter.

And that third video is comic gold.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 10-28-2010 at 12:23 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    CMA groundwork is based on the supposition that the attacker wants to remain standing. Even in Monkey. Even in that Tiger and "Shaolin" bullsh1t HW108 posted. No control of the opponent on the ground, or concern with securing a dominant position necessary to submit a trained, conditioned fighter.

And that third video is comic gold.
    The best part of the third video is some tool You Tuber commenting saying he has never been beaten by a wrestler or BJJ guy It simply amazes me on a daily basis how utterly stupid some people are.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Aren't the Sand Da people in China, from CMA backgrounds?
    most certainly, though when those same individuals cross over to the mma sport world, you would be hard pressed to find a succesfull mma figher that has not decided to cross train in either judo, bjj, sambo, etc...

show me a cma school that has a ground fighting program that specializes in ground submissions without any cross training and can hold their own against a bjj blue belt. Or even a school that can show me adequate ground work to be able to get back to their feet when being controlled by a bjj black belt.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Like in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=082E3...os=5fJuugoFrPQ

As soon as he pops his foot up, anyone with 3 months of real training is going to sweep him. This guy knows just enough to get his students seriously hurt.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    What arts would you incorporate and why?
    100% TCMA. No boxing, no MT, no wrestling, no Judo, no BJJ, no TKD, ...

- Longfist kick/punch.
    - Longfist footwork.
    - Longfist elbow.
    - SC knee.
    - Eagle Craw joint lock.
    - Mantis hand combo.
    - SC throw.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-28-2010 at 01:04 PM.

Is it just me or has Youtube just become an annoying platform for advertising?
    It sucks now more than ever.

It was bad enough having all the wannabe man on the street videos that are generally as lame as a run over possum, but now, it's just utter shyte.

where is a better site?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The most notable CMA guy to emphasize the need to crosstrain?

You do realize Delucia got beaten silly by Royce Gracie and immediately started crosstraining, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN6PvPCrStI

And Cung Le and Luke Cummo certainly crosstrain.
    I do understand the importance of cross training, I am all for it

I was only giving examples of fighters who have a CMA background not necessarily in the purist sense of it though
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    All of the TCMA styles that you have quoted there will teach you potent Chi-na, if you train them in a genuine kwoon and under the guidance of an authentic kung fu sifu.
    Exactally!!!!

If you have ever seen someone proficient in Chi Na Fa you will notice the similarties to their Japenese/Brazilian counterparts
    Tom

although on that same note, you can also see the differences.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    100% TCMA. No boxing, no MT, no wrestling, no Judo, no BJJ, no TKD, ...

- Longfist kick/punch.
    - Longfist footwork.
    - Longfist elbow.
    - SC knee.
    - Eagle Craw joint lock.
    - Mantis hand combo.
    - SC throw.
    This is great, except there is no groundfighting here. And if you want MMA, you have to have a ground game.

Quote Originally Posted by pateticorecords View Post
    I do understand the importance of cross training, I am all for it

I was only giving examples of fighters who have a CMA background not necessarily in the purist sense of it though
    I would hope we are all in agreement (minus a few select individuals) that cma certainly has serious material that can help advance a fighter.

Blog Entries
    This is great, except there is no groundfighting here. And if you want MMA, you have to have a ground game.
    I don't know where I can find that in TCMA.

i love that it say eagle craw lol

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I don't know where I can find that in TCMA.
    that is his point. we cannot find the groundfighting degree we need for mma from a cma source.

edit: at this point adaption is behind the times. trying to adapt cma grappling on to the ground, from what ever source, would be a very long process that would span generations to reach the point of several arts that have already put in the decades to develop the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I would hope we are all in agreement (minus a few select individuals) that cma certainly has serious material that can help advance a fighter.
    Another thing that is important to understand is that a lot of the CMA or other MA training is not competitive in nature y more to preserve your life.

I have seen good MMA as well as MA get their asses handed to them in a real brawl. I have also seen skinny little dudes hit a guy twice his size in a vital area and have the big guy crumble like a cookie
    Tom