Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Constructing a purely TCMA MMA? Can it be done?

Constructing a purely TCMA MMA? Can it be done?

What arts would you incorporate and why?

EO

hung gar gar for its deadly powerful strikes and wing chun for its stick hands to neutralize groundfighting

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Sanda is pretty much a compilation of Kung Fu styles integrated with western boxing, Shuai Jiao and wrestling throws. Add submission and groundwork and it is already there.

I don't see why people get so wrapped up in something having to be Chinese by definition. Hell, most of the chinese don't care and train other systems for submisson and groundwork, at least the ones competing in MMA do.
    Last edited by Iron_Eagle_76; 10-28-2010 at 07:04 AM.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

its due to ego being crushed. the mma fighter symbolizes the high school bully. kung fu is the white feminine nerds way to escape his lifes troubles and create an alternate reality. MMA confronts this fantasy and causes mental distress.

when UFC came out, the walls of reality came crashing down on many kung fu people, who rely on kung fu to give them meaning in life and fill a cultural void.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-28-2010 at 07:15 AM.

You can't because TCMA has no groundfighting.

MMA = multiple ranges, and without a competent ground game, you do not have "MMA."
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

MMA -

Modern Pentathalon
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Have to agree with MK. you can take a lot of the differing styles and put them together or what not, but it does not have a complete ground/clinch oriented plan.

You can say well it has chin na... chin na is not a ground oriented system or a system in itself.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

it doesnt matter if kung fu has ground fighting or not, if u cant even sprawl dont worry about groundfighting yet.

the problem is kung fu has changed focus, from brutality to technicality, from contest of manliness and toughness to contest of effectiveness. chinese boxing never claimed to be the ultimate fighting style. like most traditional folk boxing and wrestling in the world its ritual combat, because its meaningless to obsess about effectiveness of unarmed fighting. effective unarmed fighting is a oxymoron.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-28-2010 at 07:53 AM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    nope. There are schools of SC that do have groundfighting.
    TCMA was not created in a bubble. How can arts develop into such sophisticated systems and not have grappling?
    Just as Judo has ne-waza.
    Just because you haven't been exposed to it, does not mean it doesn't exist.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    it came from judo. shuai jiao has same rules as buku, touch ground and lose.
    beijing shuai jiao IS buku. the only effective chinese martial art is non chinese. lol

chinese are proud of sanda when all the sanda kings are mongolian lol
    Last edited by bawang; 10-28-2010 at 09:05 AM.

It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Stop trying to derail my thread !

Show me 3 pieces of evidence, kind sir.

TCMA was not created in a bubble. How can arts develop into such sophisticated systems and not have grappling?.
    Where does the groundfighting in your school come from?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    Stop trying to derail my thread !
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

TCMA was not created in a bubble. How can arts develop into such sophisticated systems and not have grappling?
    Just as Judo has ne-waza.
    Just because you haven't been exposed to it, does not mean it doesn't exist.
    Again I ask what makes the difference if something is considered exclusively Chinese or not. Maybe there are SC schools with submissions and groundfighting, maybe they cross trained in BJJ or Judo or whatever other submission based style and picked them up.

The thing is MMA as a sport was developed to take the best from systems and make someone a complete fighter in all three aspects of fighting, stand up, clinch, and groundwork. I don't get why Kung Fu folks make such a big deal out of something being excluseively Chinese or not. If it makes your fighting system (Kung Fu) better, you should use it no matter where it came from or who developed it.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato