Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the reason traditional arts get a bad name

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    the thing with these shows like "Fight Science," is that they really never do any actual research. Remember that show where they were measuring punching power? They had a a guy who did nothing but forms' student punching through a board. The teacher is showing him how to punch, and his alignment was all wrong! Elbow up, etc.
    You would think that since it is National Geographic, it would somehow have a certain legitimacy..but no...
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Shaolin Long Fist kung fu is a mixed martial art, compiled at Nanking Central Guoshu Institute in the 1930's, to preserve what was left of the truly traditional arts that had been outlawed.

Studying traditional kung fu is much more about preserving classical arts and developing self-discipline than it is about fighting or self-defense.

And of course, any "tai chi vs UFC" monkey-battle depends entirely on the individual.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I think to have an all inclusive art you would have to have all ranges covered, some might have a mixed martial arts but if your not incorporating more than one demension then you are just joking yourself.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by YMAA_com View Post
    Shaolin Long Fist kung fu is a mixed martial art, compiled at Nanking Central Guoshu Institute in the 1930's, to preserve what was left of the truly traditional arts that had been outlawed.

Studying traditional kung fu is much more about preserving classical arts and developing self-discipline than it is about fighting or self-defense.
    I dissagree. That is only coming from a Long Fist perspective. Northern styles like Baji, Hsing-Yi, etc and Southern styles like Hung-Ga, Choy Li Fut, Wing Chun, etc were not developed as cultural artifacts, but as fighting arts, and are still practiced for the same purposes today.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    Southern styles like Hung-Ga, Choy Li Fut, Wing Chun, etc were not developed as cultural artifacts,
    Right. It's not like the founders of CLF were bored and just came up with something to pass the time. The Fut San Hung Sing CLF branch was right in the midst of challenge matches, corrupt government soldiers, and bandits. Choy Lee Fut was indeed used to fight in all of the revolutions that took place between 1840's up till 1949 in addition to fighting the Japanese during their invasion. From the hands to the weapons the training was for REAL DEAL events that could end up with many lives lost.

Once CLF left china it was highly taught in many of the TONGS which were out there fighting other tongs. So, i can say with honesty that CLF was one of the systems truly used for combat.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

so now you finally admit your kung fu style was used in masscre of millions of people, rape of entire cities of women, and an uprising dedicated to extermination of white people.

nice high five

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    so now you finally admit your kung fu style was used in masscre of millions of people, rape of entire cities of women, and an uprising dedicated to extermination of white people.
    You say that as if it was a bad thing.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

its funny how choy lee fut people all get nervous and say NOE NOE NOE

everybody in china knows the southern king of the heavenly kingdom knew clf, he mightve learned personally from chen heng. some forms in clf even spell out the name heavenly kingdom if you perform it on a dirt ground.
    that rebellion killed like 50% of chinas poplation and the heavenly king said he was jesus lol

Blog Entries
    YES!!!!! CLF KILLS! NO fool, NO CLF person was ever known to be a rapist. IF they murdered anyone it was more than likely the Qing that got hurt but MY kung fu style. It was about standing up for what you believed in and not about killing for the sake of killing. AND YES, CLF also defended CHINA against the Japanese attacks. WU QIN was a student of Chan Ngau Sing and he was also a personal bodyguard of DR Sun Yat Sen.

WHITE PEOPLE? it was about the FOREIGNORS who went to someone else's country and were very ill mannered in their treatment of the chinese peoples. if INDIANs were to mistreat the chinese they would have been killed or any other race for that matter....your chinese peoples were fed up and deservedly so.

so THERE

Blog Entries
    that rebellion killed like 50% of chinas poplation and the heavenly king said he was jesus lol

i dont know if you know this, but when a famine comes the chinese farmers get ornery and they start killing people and raping women.

chinese village culture is very violent. my aunt started asking my grandmother wheres the "secret world war 2 gold" she buried in the ground and they start fighting. my grandmother is 80.

the reason you guys get embarrased is because the heavenly king was a total nutcase, and the hong men gave him full support. the heavenly king's last name was hung, the hung men said its destiny had come and coordinated the rebellion.

then the heavenly king sealed himself in nanjing, declared himself GOD, kidnapped the entire cities women into his harem and didnt come out of thr palace for 10 years.
    Last edited by bawang; 11-02-2010 at 10:23 AM.

i dont know if you know this, but when a famine comes the chinese farmers get ornery and they start killing people and raping women.
    Shouldn't they be too hungry and weak to do this ??

chinese farmers are very strong and very ornery

chinese farmers are very strong and very ornery
    No, they are the sick men of asia !

Blog Entries
    the reason you guys get embarrased is because the heavenly king was a total nutcase, and the hong men gave him full support. the heavenly king's last name was hung, the hung men said its destiny had come and coordinated the rebellion.
    then we turned our back on his nutty arse and launched our own REBELLION....

He formed the Society of GOD Worshippers and was a nut who committed suicide while all the HUNG MENS kept doing their things.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-02-2010 at 10:32 AM.