Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: What the F^ck is wrong with modern martial art?

I am not sure why I would have a reason to do so.

Maybe this should be the barometer, MysteriousPower. I should ban anyone who doesn't do forms.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Goju,

Her face is a bit too pudgy for me. She looks kinda like Liv Tyler.

so it is the contest of the face vs the body.

how about personalities, temperaments, characters?

read the book by the cover or the content

--

yes, yes, love is only skin deep.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    When you anonymously poke at a tiger in a cage and he turns and tries to bite you, it's not the tiger that has issues.

just sayin.

Anyone can take their taunts to a level that would get the dalai lama to consider an act of violence to end that. lol

it's not hard to be destructive, it is hard to build.
    Really?

Your analogy is, um, somewhat imprecise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    so it is the contest of the face vs the body.

how about personalities, temperaments, characters?

read the book by the cover or the content

--

yes, yes, love is only skin deep.

who cares about that crap as long as she loosk nice?

everyone knows only ugly women have bad personalities anyway

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Really?

Your analogy is, um, somewhat imprecise.
    how so? I think it's exactly what happens here.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    who cares about that crap as long as she loosk nice?

everyone knows only ugly women have bad personalities anyway
    yes. yes.

but we all get old.

outer beauty may be fading over time.

inner beauty may last longer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1JXw...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    yes. yes.

but we all get old.

outer beauty may be fading over time.

inner beauty may last longer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1JXw...eature=related

thats why you make sure you have money so you can get a younger wife

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    how so? I think it's exactly what happens here.
    If the tiger is hypersensitive with anger management issues and paranoid delusions of persecution. Then, yes, totally precise.

Holy news flash batman, people are mean on the internet?!? Anonymous or not.

Get over it.

People that feel the need to respond to every perceived injustice however benign should just go ahead and end it now. Those who demand financial compensation for such slights should have it ended for them.

The breakdown of social norms on internet message boards is not news, nor is it unique to this board. Reacting to it with rage is just kind of silly and superfluous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    She looks kinda like Liv Tyler.
    that's a good thing. even if liv tyler got a little chubby

Quote Originally Posted by Sardinkahnikov View Post
    that's a good thing. even if liv tyler got a little chubby
    I am not a fan of Liv Tyler. She is not that pretty and she is not that good of an actress.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    whenever I am dealing with children and childishness, yes, I use kindergarden rules. It's necessary.

The fact that you are in some kind of denial about what reality is because you seem to think being anonymous on your computer gives you some sort of right to disparage others, belittle them and then after doing so, with great insult, you fall back on "oh it's the internet, don't take it so seriously".

This is an error in thinking fellow kfm-er.

If it was of no concern to you, why do you bother addressing me about it?
    Why should it bother you if under your umbrella of not caring, you feel you can pick and choose what it is you want to care about and to heck with what anyone else cares about because hey, it's the internet and you can be as huge of an ass as you like? (I am saying this as a royal "you" by the way.

There is no difference in having etiquette in correspondence than there is in a face to face meeting. To be most in touch with reality, it is my opinion that there is always a living breathing human being on the other end and words, spoken or written can have as sharp an edge and cause all the damage a sword can.
    the reality is this it's the internet. We are all annonymous no matter the issue of you wanting to get to know everyone by swapping spit and pi$$ing in each others boots. plain fact.

you need to grow some thicker skin, my question still stand why did you take all the people you find offensive off ignore if your going have a tantrum about it after the fact? The ignore button is there for a reason.

and yes there is a difference between face to face and correspondence, the fact there is no tone of voice or body language for one. maybe people like being annonymous, etc. etc. really who promoted you to "moral fiber" officer? I'm not here to bash anyone with flaming accusations, i'm here to state my opinions thats it, if you do not like my opinions don't listen. very simple.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    I am not sure why I would have a reason to do so. I do not care about this forum being moderated and I do not blame you for anything any troll(I love this word) says to me.

I am all for you becoming a millionaire through sales and hope that goes well for you.
    Suck harder, I think you are still in the balance....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    If you are unaware of this fact, then you have some growing up to do. The internet is not your big mental toilet by virtue of the fact that it is living breathing thinking feeling human beings.

To diminish those relationships is only to diminish yourself. But, I don't think I should have to explain this to a man your age.

When I get angry with someone, it is a response and a reaction.
    What do you do? Anything? What is the difference between someone writing you a letter or an email or on a forum and being rude, impolite and a general thorn in your side?

there is no difference. Your words, your thoughts and what you write here reflects WHO you are not who I am or anyone else.

Is that how you wish to be perceived, because if so, fine, I will no longer take anything you say seriously and just drop one liner junk into threads you start that you have a serious bent to. Would that be acceptable to you? I mean, is it ok if I crap in your threads for the sake of it? You won't mind if I belittle you and do that right? Because it's the internet right?

I wonder if you know that there are people here who actually know each other, physically meet with each other, share with each other and have come to see this place as a community of like minded individuals.

With the negative air that this place is full of, is that the fault of the tigers reacting to the sticks they are being poked with or is it the fault of the children poking them? You tell me.

I'll be watching for any "serious" thread or commentary you make though, you know, just to see if you're talking out the side of your mouth or not. lol
    the internet is what ever i wish it to be I pay the bill each month for my connection. Like I said I'm not here to be rude or blatantly vile, i'm here to express what i think. It can be my mental "toilet" if I so desire.
    as for writing me an email or correspondence of rudeness, well guess what I can choose to ignore it and move on. It's my choice. And I think that is where you are missing the point, it's about choices, if someone wants to come on here and be an a$$ then they have the responsability and the outcomes of such choices. Freedom of choice is what i'm promoting.

Don't take anything i write serious, you think I care? Take it or leave it, spin it for what its worth. you will not hurt my feelings and i'll not loose sleep over it.

I'm also glad people can meet and become friends here, I choose mine carefully. I respect a few of the people here and hopefully in the future down the road I could meet them.

also a tiger is a poor choice or comparison to people, considering we are a thinking animal. We have the rights to choose and pick, listen or talk, comprehend or deny, etc. etc.

watch for what ever your heart feels it needs to, again i'm not loosing sleep.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

You pay for your internet connection. You don't pay for this website. Know the difference.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"