Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: light skill vs strength

light skill vs strength

this is inspired by the other thread.

I used to practice kao on flour bags and cushion covered poles, forearm, elbow, shoulder, chest/back, hip etc

it was a gradual progress. but some how i hurt my right shoulder. i have to quit for a while.

so in the mean time, i learned to snatch or pick up thing fast and lightly.

and yes I may pick up cell phone and wallet without people knowing that they are gone.

so what is light skill and strength that you like to develop if any?

why it is important?

how do you train them?

sort of restart the other related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    this is inspired by the other thread.

I used to practice kao on flour bags and cushion covered poles, forearm, elbow, shoulder, chest/back, hip etc

it was a gradual progress. but some how i hurt my right shoulder. i have to quit for a while.

so in the mean time, i learned to snatch or pick up thing fast and lightly.

and yes I may pick up cell phone and wallet without people knowing that they are gone.

so what is light skill and strength that you like to develop if any?

why it is important?

how do you train them?

sort of restart the other related thread.

Since light skill is total BS you might as well train something useful and measureable. Strength.

kao is to use wide area of your body to shudder the opponent when your body is in contact with the opponent.

you break his roots and make him fall.

if just hit his soft spots, such as ribside chest etc it is kao da

if you may also trap his leg and make him fall, it is kao shuai.

so I do not need to kao the board, wall, or ceiling and break them

I only need to do fast or sudden enough whole body move with enough strength to move the opponent which is 180 or 200 pounds

thus the flour bag, starting with 50 pounds

--

now it is your turn to share your strength training if any

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    Since light skill is total BS you might as well train something useful and measureable. Strength.
    light skill i mean gentle skill too

that is how pickpocket snatches your valueable

it happens every day.

light skill i mean gentle skill too

it happens every day.

Fine, I agree with that. Training to put things down slowly and lightly so no on hears you is one thing. Claiming that you can train someone to jump down from a 20 foot cliff, land on a water bottle, and not bend it or damage it at all is bs.

Blog Entries
    Fine, I agree with that. Training to put things down slowly and lightly so no on hears you is one thing. Claiming that you can train someone to jump down from a 20 foot cliff, land on a water bottle, and not bend it or damage it at all is bs.
    NO it's not. i just just off of a 30 foot cliff landing on a water bottle doing a head spin bringing back my old moves from my b-boy days. i'm cool.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    NO it's not. i just just off of a 30 foot cliff landing on a water bottle doing a head spin bringing back my old moves from my b-boy days. i'm cool.
    You should quit teaching kung fu and join the circus and make real money with that skill.

SPJ, we call this baduan striking with the body when the limbs are seized or locked up, it what your reffeing to different?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Blog Entries
    You should quit teaching kung fu and join the circus and make real money with that skill.
    NO you should become my student so YOU too can learned some D3HDL33!!!!!

No it's not. He does it by misdirection. Same way a magician removes your watch, tie or ring without you knowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    No it's not. He does it by misdirection. Same way a magician removes your watch, tie or ring without you knowing it.
    Pickpockets work in teams. One person distracts the target. Another person grabs his wallet and then passes it to someone else. This is sophisticated pickpocketing and not stuff you see ghetto people doing in the news.

Blog Entries
    ghetto people
    stop with the ghetto people. you're sounding elitist. no one is any better than "Ghetto people" and vice versa. let's not be so judgemental towards people of lesser means.

stop with the ghetto people. you're sounding elitist. no one is any better than "Ghetto people" and vice versa. let's not be so judgemental towards people of lesser means.

Dude, you are sounding oversensitive.

You landed on your head? That explains a lot. I thought it was your back you broke.

Just kidding, bro.

I can think of only a few moves that rely on swiftness alone and require little strength training. One is jin jih (arrow fingers) designed to collapse the trachea. This move is not likely to work by itself but only follows a technique used to drag the opponent's shoulder in order to cause neck extension. The preceeding move does take a lot of power training but the jin jih itself is a light flicking move that relies on the allignment of bones in the hand and arms to deliver the force.

In fan technique there is a small snap of the wrist designed to cut the enemy's eye and a similar move with the jian/gim called "nicking" which uses a little pop of the wrist to get in an opportunistic cut while engaging the opponent's weapon.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Quote Originally Posted by jdhowland View Post
    One is jin jih (arrow fingers) designed to collapse the trachea. This move is not likely to work by itself but only follows a technique used to drag the opponent's shoulder in order to cause neck extension. The preceeding move does take a lot of power training but the jin jih itself is a light flicking move that relies on the allignment of bones in the hand and arms to deliver the force..
    Ya see what I mean, folks? These are the myths you are perpetuating.