Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, here's an idea...

Ok, here's an idea...

How about this forum stays kung fu only, and any topic that deviates from it shall be moved to the Misc. forum, with a stern "You did bad" from the moderator? That way these whiney TCMA guys can still be little beyotches,and the MMA guys can still tout the benefits of a RNC, and it clutters up a forum that was custom made for whiners and puffy chested roosters?

That way the rest of us, who simply like the fighting styles TCMA and other forms of combat, and DON'T believe we can shoot chi beams from our eyes, or think "MAN, IF I CAN JUST GET HIM ON THE GROUND AND RUB UP AGAINST HIM, OOOEEE!", can discuss the practicality of a technique.

Sound good?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I've been thinking about moving more to the MMA forum

After all, that's what we set it up for. I'm also in discussion with our moderators about members that are ban worthy.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I like Cheetos

and hand jobs, I like them too

what was the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    After all, that's what we set it up for. I'm also in discussion with our moderators about members that are ban worthy.
    Most of the guys here are fine until they get into arguments with their "arch-enemies"

Then you have 8+ pages full of arguing before lunch.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

<licks lips, salivates, anticipating swath of carnage left in the wake of the great Blade of Banning>

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Capital Idea!!!

(it's about friggin' time!)
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    look what you guys have done!!!!!! for shame!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

I didnt do it!!!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    After all, that's what we set it up for.
    How about the moment that anybody mentions the word "MMA", the moment that thread will be moved into the MMA category.

If You start a BJJ discussion in Judo forum, that BJJ discussion thread will be moved into "Other Martial Arts" right way. No Judo guys will be interested in that discussion.

If the TCMA forum has the same back bone as the Judo forum, A Judo guy will make comment to a non-Judo guy as, "You are not even a Judoka. Nobody will be interest in your opinion. Why are you still hanging around here." The non-TCMA guys will soon disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    That way the rest of us, who simply like the fighting styles TCMA ...
    Trying to convince MMA guys that TCMA is effective combat art will not only be stupid but also waste time and effort. If they don't believe in us, as long as we have faith in ourselves, there is no need to argue back.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-04-2010 at 03:26 PM.

Without conflict there is no story.

I think part of the issue is that the "MMA" guys are obviously also TCMA guys, or have some interest. Universally, they tout bad TCMA experiences, so it seems they are interested in the topic, but jaded. And, you know its true, fair enough.

Are they experienced and knowledgable? Yea....in a narrow way...but solid.

I feel no need to exclude anybody, or pester the Admins, unless they are all about personal attacks, or messing up discussions with misinformation.

Discipline yourself before you go asking for help, and you may find you don't need help.

Add that vote to the pot...
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Trying to convince MMA guys that TCMA is effective combat art will not only be stupid but also waste time and effort. If they don't believe in us, as long as we have faith in ourselves, there is no need to argue back.
    Actually, it's pretty simple. Just show some evidence of what you are claiming.

At what point do you segregate everyone so much (to protect the tender sensibilities of whomever considers a different opinion to be some kind of 'unfair' intrusion) that you just end up with walled off areas of people having discussions that consist of:

"Hmmm, yes, I see your point"

"Quite right, I agree"

"Yes, of course I agree with that agreement"

"Certainly the agreement on the point of agreement is agreeable"

"Why, that is certainly a solid point sir"

"Yes, indeed, it is"

Oh, I quite agree again"

And of course you will only have MORE of the whiney "He doesn't belong here! He doesn't pass my XYZ-art purity test. Make him go away!"

And will you forbid people with experience in more than one area (I know, I know, it's not "real" experience to some...) to mention something pertinent from one area in a discussion of another? The whiners and wannabe 'experts' would just love that.

Let the free market of ideas hash it out I say.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    How about the moment that anybody mentions the word "MMA", the moment that thread will be moved into the MMA category.

If You start a BJJ discussion in Judo forum, that BJJ discussion thread will be moved into "Other Martial Arts" right way. No Judo guys will be interested in that discussion.

If the TCMA forum has the same back bone as the Judo forum, A Judo guy will make comment to a non-Judo guy as, "You are not even a Judoka. Nobody will be interest in your opinion. Why are you still hanging around here." The non-TCMA guys will soon disappear.

ok, but what if I want to start a discussion of which ne-waza techniques were utilized in the creation of BJJ, or how does BJJ differ from ne-waza, etc?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

As I read over this thread and the other "dramatic" threads I started thinking. I quit posting here for about six months because I kind of got fed up with all the flame wars and drama that goes on here. I will not be a hypocrite, I did my share of flaming and arguing but I would much rather be involved in constructive debates concerning martial arts, in particular TCMA.

But here is the thing. There are far too many flamers (yep) on both sides of this supposed split here on KFM. You have the traditional Kung Fu folks and the modern combat sport MMA folks, at least, that is what many want to believe.

I believe the truth is more often than not there are posters here who have genuine training in TCMA who have also trained in other arts or maybe have gone more the way of MMA training. Does that mean they no longer have a voice here. Just because they have trained other things does not take away their training in Kung Fu.

I don't have a solution but I think if we try to refrain from stupid flame wars and drivel that is not productive this would be a better place. I am not saying people are not going to disagree, but it can get out of hand with the name calling and other such retardedness.

That is my two cents. If you don't like, feel free to go fu**ck yourself. (Kidding. Maybe.)
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

I just banned Knifefighter

That wasn't a very constructive post above and his name came up as ban worthy amongst the mods.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart