Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ok, here's an idea...

Blog Entries
    At least from now on we don't have to have movie clip or pictures ready to backup every single word that we are going to say.

A: I'm 30 years old, and my wife ...
    B: You need to show us your birth certificate, and also your wife's picture, otherwise you are a liar.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-04-2010 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    At least from now on we don't have to have movie clip or pictures ready to backup every single word that we are going to say.

A: I'm 30 years old, and my wife ...
    B: You need to show us your birth certificate, and also your wife's picture, otherwise you are a liar.
    What are you HIDING?!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    At what point do you segregate everyone so much (to protect the tender sensibilities of whomever considers a different opinion to be some kind of 'unfair' intrusion) that you just end up with walled off areas of people having discussions that consist of:

"Hmmm, yes, I see your point"

"Quite right, I agree"

"Yes, of course I agree with that agreement"

"Certainly the agreement on the point of agreement is agreeable"

"Why, that is certainly a solid point sir"

"Yes, indeed, it is"

Oh, I quite agree again"

And of course you will only have MORE of the whiney "He doesn't belong here! He doesn't pass my XYZ-art purity test. Make him go away!"

And will you forbid people with experience in more than one area (I know, I know, it's not "real" experience to some...) to mention something pertinent from one area in a discussion of another? The whiners and wannabe 'experts' would just love that.

Let the free market of ideas hash it out I say.

word... i like that....

as long as it doesnt turn into a name calling fest, i dont like any threads being locked, anyone being banned or any other form of censoring the free flow of ideas... even if some of those ideas come from *******s... thats just life, you start trying to "clean" everything up, you get a sterile and stagnated environment of sickly ideas because they have no measure of strength through the trials of debate...

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    I disagree.
    Were it simply a "martial arts" forum, then yes that would be fine. But in a "Kung Fu" forum to allow the "free flow" and "democratic" opinions of people to consistently say "TCMA"/"Kung Fu" is all a waste of time, etc. No, I don't think this is cool, and...

Again...

I agree with what Gene is doing.
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

Blog Entries
    If we can just remove "YOU" and "I" from all discussion, we may be able to avoid a lot of arguments. When A gives B certain suggestion, C suddently jumps in and asks A to prove "talk the talk, and walk the walk. Put up or shut up." It will be a very discourage for anybody to give other any suggestions.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-04-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Are they temporary bans?
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    ok, but what if I want to start a discussion of which ne-waza techniques were utilized in the creation of BJJ, or how does BJJ differ from ne-waza, etc?
    I assume you are asking about why the Judo forum does not include BJJ as part of their main forum.

All the BJJ, Sambo, wrestling, and SC are considered as "Other MA - grappling arts" in the Judo forum. You will have no place to be there if you are a TCMA guy. There was a famous Taiji guy (I won't mention his name here), when he was there, every Judoka jumped on him and forced him to leave. When I started in that forum, he sent me a PM and told me about his story. I told him that I didn't know how long that I could hang around there. In less than 3 months I left that forum too.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-05-2010 at 03:26 AM.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    If you start dropping the ban hammer on people for having a different idea then this place will drop silent with any conversation or "intense" arguments.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

one thing is to have valid points and civil arguments... it's ok to disagree. another thing is to create discord, verbally assault people, and put down what they are doing.... that is wrong, even the perpetrators know it.

Many times what I see is child like behavior... just because you are screaming loudly doesn't make you right.

I believe in freedom of expression but every freedom has a limit and has a price.
    Just try walking down your neighborhood naked and see what happens
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

Quote Originally Posted by pateticorecords View Post
    one thing is to have valid points and civil arguments... it's ok to disagree. another thing is to create discord, verbally assault people, and put down what they are doing.... that is wrong, even the perpetrators know it.

Many times what I see is child like behavior... just because you are screaming loudly doesn't make you right.

I believe in freedom of expression but every freedom has a limit and has a price.
    Just try walking down your neighborhood naked and see what happens
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

kniffighter
    Actually, it's pretty simple. Just show some evidence of what you are claiming.
    this is excatly what we are all talkign about... why does anyone have to proove anyting to you? what proof should anyone have to provide if that they do they like to do with thier time? your really out there man.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

this is excatly what we are all talkign about... why does anyone have to proove anyting to you? what proof should anyone have to provide if that they do they like to do with thier time? your really out there man.

Thumbs down

Nothing says "class" more than avoiding an issue until after the person who called you on it is banned, and THEN putting up your answers
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    kniffighter

Uhh, dude, considering he's banned, I don't think you need to worry about it anymore. Just saying.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

have to agree on that. "class"
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.