Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ok, here's an idea...

did know he was banned my bad.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

When I get banned, I hope you all have such kind words for me.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

no but your avatar is threatening in many ways....iron
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    no but your avatar is threatening in many ways....iron
    Really?? I have been told my avatar is one that promotes peaceful and harmonious vibes throughout this forum.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

@GENE,

Since were in the mood for big sweeping changes....

There are many Kung Fu styles I would like to discuss that don't really have a forum suitable for them. To post about them in the maion forum is a waste of time since they will be knocked off the list too quickly by the standard arguments. Could we have a new forum for NORTHERN KUNG FU or something.

I mean, were are the styles; Xinyi liu he, liu he, jing gang ba shi, baji, chuan quan, baihuquan, ziranmen, chuojiao, fan zi, yingzhao, erlang men, tantui, pi gua, tongbei, yuan gong quan, songxi pai, xuanwupai, WUDANG, ERMEI, lushan pai, Shanxi HOng quan, Hong quan, Pao quan, Zha quan, hua quan, taizuchang quan, ruan quan, longmen pai, ba xian pai, zhu sha zhang, sha shou zhang, huo long quan, yan qing quan, mian zhang, Da hong quan (non-shaolin), gong li quan, meihua zhuang, ba fan men, chang jia quan, wen jia quan,mi zong quan, huo jia quan, gang rou fa, hei hu men, jin suo quan, hu zun quan, tian gang quan, di shu quan, hou quan, da sheng quan, nanwu quan, kunlun pai, tulong quan, san huang pao, ; supposed to be discussed?

THese are just a few styles off the top of my head which don't have a specific place, but there are many more. Now that china is becoming more open, these styles are gradually becoming known.

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    @GENE,

There are many Kung Fu styles I would like to discuss that don't really have a forum suitable for them. To post about them in the maion forum is a waste of time since they will be knocked off the list too quickly by the standard arguments. Could we have a new forum for NORTHERN KUNG FU or something.

I mean, were are the styles; Xinyi liu he, liu he, jing gang ba shi, baji, chuan quan, baihuquan, ziranmen, chuojiao, fan zi, yingzhao, erlang men, tantui, pi gua, tongbei, yuan gong quan, songxi pai, xuanwupai, WUDANG, ERMEI, lushan pai, Shanxi HOng quan, Hong quan, Pao quan, Zha quan, hua quan, taizuchang quan, ruan quan, longmen pai, ba xian pai, zhu sha zhang, sha shou zhang, huo long quan, yan qing quan, mian zhang, Da hong quan (non-shaolin), gong li quan, meihua zhuang, ba fan men, chang jia quan, wen jia quan,mi zong quan, huo jia quan, gang rou fa, hei hu men, jin suo quan, hu zun quan, tian gang quan, di shu quan, hou quan, da sheng quan, nanwu quan, kunlun pai, tulong quan, san huang pao, ; supposed to be discussed?

THese are just a few styles off the top of my head which don't have a specific place, but there are many more. Now that china is becoming more open, these styles are gradually becoming known.
    I notice you didn't include the Klingon martial art of Mok'bara!

What are you? A racist?

@GENE,

Some of those are fairly obscure,are referring to one set, and a few that were whole styles, have been reduced to only one set.

You can still post any of that to this main forum. If it's a southern style, throw it in that forum.

@GENE,

that is quite a list.

of interests to me are tong bei, ba ji, pi gua and fan zi.

there are almost none english forums for them except minor discussion on rumsoaked fist.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Some of those are fairly obscure,are referring to one set, and a few that were whole styles, have been reduced to only one set.

You can still post any of that to this main forum. If it's a southern style, throw it in that forum.
    So would this one be North, South, or Other Related?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5eQ0jxmjXM

some of the listed are grouped into family of long fist.

such as za hua pao hong etc

yin zhao or eagle claw, there are north and southern version of the north

--

etc etc.

Would it be possible to impose a hundred stickied thread limit to the Wing Chun forum? It really obscures the lineage wars.

from other chinese forums, things that I like

1. technique of the day, week or month

this is limiting discussion to the technique, so no vague or generalization.

such as bjj, judo or sc technique with name, theory, practice, tactics, entering

2. introduce yourself, your teacher and school

3. how many years and back ground style of you

such as 8 yr bjj as tagline

4. off topic, cafe, chilling area including chatting

5 finding teacher and school in you area

----

I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    How about the moment that anybody mentions the word "MMA", the moment that thread will be moved into the MMA category.

If You start a BJJ discussion in Judo forum, that BJJ discussion thread will be moved into "Other Martial Arts" right way. No Judo guys will be interested in that discussion.

If the TCMA forum has the same back bone as the Judo forum, A Judo guy will make comment to a non-Judo guy as, "You are not even a Judoka. Nobody will be interest in your opinion. Why are you still hanging around here." The non-TCMA guys will soon disappear.

Trying to convince MMA guys that TCMA is effective combat art will not only be stupid but also waste time and effort. If they don't believe in us, as long as we have faith in ourselves, there is no need to argue back.
    Speaking from smack dab in the middle of all of these arguments... I'll start with a comment about the Judo / BJJ thing. Right now... Today... Judo is Dying - FAST. Enrollment is on the decline when we should've been experiencing massive upswings because of MMA and BJJ. We could've benefitted massively if those who are in charge wouldn't have been such dumb arses. How? Because Judo was built for MMA, it also could've accepted BJJ early on and would be in a position to benefit from all of the interest in grappling.... but no - they fought it tooth and nail, complained, changed rules even. In a sense, they fought the surge in interest for no reason when they were in a position to embrace and benefit.

Let's not do the same.

TCMA could benefit from the interest in MMA. Most schools aren't ready for it... there are so many threads as to why they're not and how they could be.

Sorry RenDaHai - no new forums at this time.

We've discussed new forums before - here's an example:
    why is there no contemporary wushu forum ? There are a few other such discussions on our Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine & KungFuMagazine.com forum.

Right now, I'm spending too much time on the forum as is dealing with the trolls...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

ren

you can always post questions in the Northern mantis board, it reffers to alot of northern styles not just mantis, I am sure many will be happy to discuss over there. come give it a shot.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan