Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Point striking

Point striking

Hey I was just wondering if there were any sites that showed all the vital points in the body and how they work. Thanks for the help.

*kicks you in the crotch*

did that hurt?

*pokes you in the eyes*

How 'bout that?

*punches you in the larnyx*

Feel good?

Detect a trend? If it's soft tissue.. it hurts.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Thumbs up

Besides mere acupoints,if you are willing to take time you will find out that www is full of that stuff.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Originally posted by Former castleva
    Besides mere acupoints,if you are willing to take time you will find out that www is full of that stuff.
    and then when you try and use them you'll find your time would have been better spent training the basics. hitting a pressure point at the correct direction/depth/angle/time of day/season takes a whole lot more than studying some charts.

i'm with shaolintiger00 on this one. the simplest points are the best

that is... if your using these to supplement your martial arts training. if theyre for something else then just ignore my little rant.
    Travis

structure in motion

I posted a chart intended for healing
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

and, you know, I think most systems/arts start with the basic strike points and work up, usually much later, into the intricacies of meridian striking.

So, I agree it is worthwhile to focus on the basic strike points unless you have already trained them for years and years and are capable of moving on to more specific methods of attack.

But, detailed meridian striking is not pointless, just not basic or simple.

If you don't have the skill or the control to be able to use the points then what is the point in trying to learn it? Like others have said, make sure your basics are good enough and the rest of it will come by itself.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

I just saw a pun in my last post.

Originally posted by Oso
    I just saw a pun in my last post.
    I noticed it but chose not to comment

But, detailed meridian striking is not pointless, just not basic or simple.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

best thing to do when you notice, or not, a pun.

ever read Spider Robinson?

Can't say that I have. What's it about?

He's a sci-fi writer although few of his stories have anything to do with ray guns and rocket ships...although a ****roach from another galaxy threatens to blow up Earth in one story.

His most acclaimed series is the Callahan's Cross Time Saloon series (as well as the spin off couplet of books about Callahan's wife's bordello) although Mindkiller is a great stand alone as well as Time Pressure.

In the Callahan's series puns are rampant and abused...mostly with prodigious amounts of alchohol and laughter.

Easy afternoon reads...recommended with your favorite beverage handy.

Sounds like Roger Zelazny's style of writing as well. Very enjoyable stuff.

I once shared a house with a friend who was a rampant pun-maker. Made for some funny conversations

I've read some Zelazny but didn't care for him myself. Just my particular taste though, Zelazny is well recognized.

I can see where you would draw that comparison but if you give Spider a shot you would probably find him to be different from anyone else out there. The first of the Callahan series is "Callahan's Crosstime Saloon" with "Time Travellers Strictly Cash" second. The first of the bordello couplet is "Lady Slings the Booze" but it makes references to things from a couple of the Callahan's series. "Mindkiller' is totally stand alone as is "Time Pressure"

just a suggestion...