Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: And BOOM goes the Dynamite (Imminent Bannings)

It's a slow descent into the mire...

hskwarrior is right. Flame wars are pretty addictive. But things got out of hand. I hate to be the wet blanket, but we do have a business to run here and when our main forum is a string of obscenities, it makes it hard to sling mags and gear, especially with black friday coming up so quickly. Sure, we get more page views, but it's all the same addicted eyeballs, and I've sold a lot to you all already. I need to open things up and sell more to those glorified kickboxers and fantasy martial artists to pay the bills around here.

I appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    When mods don't do their job, forums go to POOP.
    Fixed.

Also, banned.
    Last edited by Vash; 11-05-2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: I fail quotes.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    When mods don't do their job, forums go to crap.
    Well I consider it much like raising children as compared to fishing.

You have to let out the line to allow freedom, but also know when to reel it in. Now is just the time for reeling in! Eventually it will be time to let out more line until it goes too far at which time there will be a time for reeling in again.

It is a cycle, like Yin and Yang!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    hskwarrior is right. Flame wars are pretty addictive. But things got out of hand. I hate to be the wet blanket, but we do have a business to run here and when our main forum is a string of obscenities, it makes it hard to sling mags and gear, especially with black friday coming up so quickly. Sure, we get more page views, but it's all the same addicted eyeballs, and I've sold a lot to you all already. I need to open things up and sell more to those glorified kickboxers and fantasy martial artists to pay the bills around here.

I appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
    I don't think anyone blames you Gene, except for maybe the banned.

Every wild west town needs a strong sheriff to wrangle the cowboys after a long cattle drive! Giddee up!

Wait, I have a question. You are all talking about kf like he died. Is this a permanent banning? People get unbanned eventually do they not?

And rebanned for doing the same stuff.

Nevermind. I just read Gene's post.

You are all missing the real reason here. People were banned, not because some of you cannot handle it, but because he is losing possible money from people that come by here to look for good conversation and to shop. Show me the money!

And this is not a bad reason to do so at his discretion. Before all of you rejoice and have tea take this into consideration.

Some get unbanned

Some don't. For example, it's Lokhopkuen's second banning, and I'm not sure if it's worth implementing a 3-strikes-you're-out rule or not (works for the Giants )

I have one banned member who contacts me regularly with a stream of obscenities, trying to make his case for me to un-ban him. Like that's going to work...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene with the banhammer (artists impression)

You can buy a signed copy of this fine artwork at martial arts mart.com
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    Wait, I have a question. You are all talking about kf like he died. Is this a permanent banning? People get unbanned eventually do they not?
    As Gene said,it's not short-term. Bans lifted around 2012 (coincidence?), maybe sooner, maybe never.

I had a few names I was about to send in when I got the PM, but I thought like S_J before I hit submit. It was a dangerous question. BUT, I think the correct decisions were made. It's best to let the Conversation continue by removing the most disruptive personalities.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    Nevermind. I just read Gene's post.

You are all missing the real reason here. People were banned, not because some of you cannot handle it, but because he is losing possible money from people that come by here to look for good conversation and to shop. Show me the money!

And this is not a bad reason to do so at his discretion. Before all of you rejoice and have tea take this into consideration.
    Don't worry. You're on my list, so you might not have to worry about it too long.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Gene with the banhammer (artists impression)

You can buy a signed copy of this fine artwork at martial arts mart.com
    That's MK in the background. Strong. Majestic. A Nubian God!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Some don't. For example, it's Lokhopkuen's second banning, and I'm not sure if it's worth implementing a 3-strikes-you're-out rule or not (works for the Giants )

I have one banned member who contacts me regularly with a stream of obscenities, trying to make his case for me to un-ban him. Like that's going to work...
    I do not understand why this stresses people. What stops them from getting a new email address and going under a new name? As long as they do not reveal they used to be so and so. I do not understand. I guess some people just love this forum.

I also post here as "San Da Satan" and no one seems to notice
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I also post here as "LKFMDC" and no one seems to notice