Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: And BOOM goes the Dynamite (Imminent Bannings)

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    What bother me the most on the internet discussion is no matter how polite that you intend to treat others, some people just won't return back with the same kind of politeness. Finally you just gave up and said, "If you want to fight, let's go outside and show me how good you are." Everything will just go down hill after that.
    you have to understand the medium first. On here there is no body language, tone of voice, or physical representation so you have to take everything with a pinch of salt. Do not get EMOTIONALy involved.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Lok. was always challenging anything and everyone if there opinion differed. Don't know if that's why he got the hammer or not, think it was something about insulting gene or something.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Blog Entries
    A good friend of mine once asked me, "Why do you spend time on internet discussion? What can you do if someone insults you online?" That was several years ago. Today I still don't have any answer for my friend's question.

Maybe someone can help me to find a good answer for it.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-05-2010 at 05:14 AM.

I trhink one thing we have have to realize is that this isn't a place to tout freedom of speech. It is a forum owned and maintained by a business, and therefore, that business has the absolute right to do what it feels is best for itself.

You have the right to say what you want on your own website, and you can say what you want in many, many forms. However, remember that in the end, KFM is in this to make money, and a forum gone wild will not bring in much $$.

Needless to say, I'll likely be banned before the week is out.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

good poiunt drake, it should be treated like a business, as well by its members, not a playground.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

FYI, I do NOT agree on banning anyone outside of PERSONAL harrasment and constant derailing of thread for personal reasons.
    Which means that MANY here would be banned.
    I just logged in this morning and got the PM from Gene asking me who I though should be banned.
    My reply was " Now, that is a dangerous question, LMAO".
    Fact is, different posters have different posting styles and some people have a very low BS meter and that cause friction.
    I recall not too long ago I spoke over the phone about KF to Marc Denny, One of the founder of the Dog Brothers.
    I mentioned that I was getting complaints about him on another forum that I moderate.
    I go on the DBMA forum whenever I feel a need for "hitting people with sticks discussions".
    He said that he knows Dale personally and that he is indeed a very nice guy but uncompromising and that his "attitude" is something typical of BJJ guys with their "show me" outlook on MA.
    I agreed.
    He did say something that struck home though:
    When did people become so insecure in their MA training that the feel PERSONALLY threaten when someone says "show me" or "prove it"?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    FYI, I do NOT agree on banning anyone outside of PERSONAL harrasment and constant derailing of thread for personal reasons.
    Which means that MANY here would be banned.
    I just logged in this morning and got the PM from Gene asking me who I though should be banned.
    My reply was " Now, that is a dangerous question, LMAO".
    Fact is, different posters have different posting styles and some people have a very low BS meter and that cause friction.
    I recall not too long ago I spoke over the phone about KF to Marc Denny, One of the founder of the Dog Brothers.
    I mentioned that I was getting complaints about him on another forum that I moderate.
    I go on the DBMA forum whenever I feel a need for "hitting people with sticks discussions".
    He said that he knows Dale personally and that he is indeed a very nice guy but uncompromising and that his "attitude" is something typical of BJJ guys with their "show me" outlook on MA.
    I agreed.
    He did say something that struck home though:
    When did people become so insecure in their MA training that the feel PERSONALLY threaten when someone says "show me" or "prove it"?
    Because nobody here is obligated to provide anyone here video streams of training just to make a point on an internet forum. This is one of those places where you just have to deal with the fact that you'll never know who "SuperSecretNinjaKilla120" is or if what he teaches is any good.

It's my opinion that most of these "fighters" are wasting their time preparing for some street war they'll never see. Most people get shot during these types of confrontations anyway. When was the last time you walked outside and saw people on the ground grappling with each other? My last enemy had an AK-47, with weapon of choice being rockets and mortars. In Colorado, my most dangerous enemy is how people drive.

So, instead of asking everyone and their mother to get on youtube and post video, we really to conduct a reality check. Nobody owes you video. That crap gets obnoxious after a while. If what you are doing brings you happiness and a better understanding of yourself, who the HELL has the right to tell you you've done wrong. There's more to KF than simply finding the most efficient way of ripping someone's throat out... because the reality is that nobody really has to do that these days. Buy a gun if you want personal safety.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Because nobody here is obligated to provide anyone here video streams of training just to make a point on an internet forum. This is one of those places where you just have to deal with the fact that you'll never know who "SuperSecretNinjaKilla120" is or if what he teaches is any good.

It's my opinion that most of these "fighters" are wasting their time preparing for some street war they'll never see. Most people get shot during these types of confrontations anyway. When was the last time you walked outside and saw people on the ground grappling with each other? My last enemy had an AK-47, with weapon of choice being rockets and mortars. In Colorado, my most dangerous enemy is how people drive.

So, instead of asking everyone and their mother to get on youtube and post video, we really to conduct a reality check. Nobody owes you video. That crap gets obnoxious after a while. If what you are doing brings you happiness and a better understanding of yourself, who the HELL has the right to tell you you've done wrong. There's more to KF than simply finding the most efficient way of ripping someone's throat out... because the reality is that nobody really has to do that these days. Buy a gun if you want personal safety.
    So, basically, make any comment you want, any statement you want and no need to prove anything of it?
    Ah yes, all this is wrong and that made TCMA get stuck in the crap hole that it found itself in.
    I couldn't care less WHY anyone does anything they do.
    I do, however, care when someone make sa statement that CAN be proven to be either correct or false and somehow has 1001 excuse NOT to prove it.
    **** dude, is this what we have become??

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    the real tragedy is that he`s probably a really nice guy in person...
    If your behavior is continuously inappropriate/discourteous, that is, as a habit, in an anonymous environment, THAT is the REAL you. Not the person you show others when you are in their presence! And he demonstrates it with nearly every post.

This is because there is a greater opportunity for social censure when you interact with others in person.

A thug streetfighter will have good information about fighting, that doesn't mean he is a nice person or that you would want to spend time with him, or even that he wouldn't trash you if he had the chance!

He may act like a nice guy in person, where people can ostracize him for his behavior, but deep down he has some emotional instabilities that make him not that nice of a person!

Why does it have be insecurity? It is simply unnecessary and impractical for most people.

The fact is most martial arts, including MMA, are impractical!

You can train for hours and hours for days and years and a little old lady with a gun can make all that training useless by taking you out in a second. Or a street thug, or three, with a baseball bat coming from behind and whacking you in the head.

To me it is the constant need to challenge people that is a more clear demonstration of insecurity.

Anyone who makes it their mission to force others to their viewpoint through hostile, aggressive behavior is not very emotionally stable or mature!

So, basically, make any comment you want, any statement you want and no need to prove anything of it?
    Ah yes, all this is wrong and that made TCMA get stuck in the crap hole that it found itself in.
    I do, however, care when someone make sa statement that CAN be proven to be either correct or false and somehow has 1001 excuse NOT to prove it.
    Really, it's been the state of things for years. Nobody is required to put up clips. Nobody. So, I can say I can float on chi clouds, and in the end, does it really matter? People are going to go out, buy silk pajamas from http://www.martialartsmart.com/uniforms-kung-fu.html, and cool Feiyue shoes from http://www.martialartsmart.com/shoes-feiyue-shoes.html. They'll probably need a bag from http://www.martialartsmart.com/gear-bags.html, and some training DVDs if no school is nearby, which, fortunately, can be purchased from http://www.martialartsmart.com/dvd-video.html. People make money, and others are able to find themselves a fun hobby to do after work.

You won't get this resolved on this forum, and it's a waste of time to do so. And even if I COULD float on chi clouds, I don't feel particularly inclined to show others simply because someone who I already don't like asked me to.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

It seems that the you all have made your decisions and I leave you to your TCMA.
    I retire to my humble abode.

It seems that the you all have made your decisions and I leave you to your TCMA.
    I retire to my humble abode.
    I know how to kill a person, Paul. I don't find it an enjoyable pasttime. I am much happier learning about history and the mechanics behind CLF. It's a hobby.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

I agree ronin. You start banning people it get dangerous.

The reason TCMA is in the crap hole as he stated is because of people who promote the mystical bullsh!t. yes it's been there for years and probably will be there for many more, but I see the gems in it and try to push those forward, only to be flooded in with sh!t like guys prompting IP training and slamming there hand in a car door crap.

I also agree with you to an extent drake. Buy a gun, it's the ultimate equalizer. The other is people shouldn't be worried so much about others, worry about yourself.

theres couth and respect to disagree with someones statments. you can even agree to disagree, but when ppl like knifefighter say my way or no way in an extremly rude and disrepsectful mannor thats pushing his belieifes on others even if they dont want it.

this is crossing the line. I have disageed with people but at least say well I dont think so and go abut your merry way, thats not the case with this new breed of punch you in the face in a gage or your training is worthless attitude.

I know some of the toughest guys I have ever met dont even fight. they dont need to, ever heard of any rich person bragg about how much moneyt they have? no its the ones who think their rich that feel compleled to show off for thier lack of richness..
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

I left for a whole night...and now everyone is getting banned? What happened and how was this decision decided?