Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: And BOOM goes the Dynamite (Imminent Bannings)

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I know how to kill a person, Paul. I don't find it an enjoyable pasttime. I am much happier learning about history and the mechanics behind CLF. It's a hobby.
    So do I my friend, so do I and if after all this time, you think that is what I am talking about then I truly have done nothing here at all.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    So do I my friend, so do I and if after all this time, you think that is what I am talking about then I truly have done nothing here at all.
    I just think you are a normal guy who likes doing PE demos in your basement.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

So, basically, make any comment you want, any statement you want and no need to prove anything of it?
    Ah yes, all this is wrong and that made TCMA get stuck in the crap hole that it found itself in.
    I couldn't care less WHY anyone does anything they do.
    I do, however, care when someone make sa statement that CAN be proven to be either correct or false and somehow has 1001 excuse NOT to prove it.
    **** dude, is this what we have become??
    Sure they can, and why does anyone really care. It is all a a game and no one is right all the time. I respect all people who practice martial arts, from wu shu, to the forms guys, to Tai Chi, to MMA, to TCMA, Japanese Arts, Filipino Arts, etc.

I don't care why the train. If they find fulfillment and want to feel like they are bad dudes or more spiritual or whatever, who cares. We all have our own fantasies that sustain us in a mundane world. MMA have their own fantasies too.

MMA seek to control the context when they want to prove how manly they are. The fact is anyone with a gun can take them out without expending as much time and sweat and pain as they do to practice.

MMA act like they are Gods gift to the MA because they are the only REAL martial artists, when if they actually followed their own principles of practicing what is the most efficient means of defense they would train with a gun. But when you mention that to them they continue to try to control the context by making up their own fantasies about why that is impractical and how this or that about guns or knives is not true, etc. THAT is when they reveal their own fantasy, when they demonstrate that all they really want is to feel like they are tougher than anyone else.

Tough until some 90# weakling blows their brains out with a .32 cal hand gun. If I was a 90# weakling I wouldn't try to fight a big tough guy. I would go get a gun and when they guy showed up I would blow him away. And it has happened!

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I just think you are a normal guy who likes doing PE demos in your basement.
    wow way to be a Di ck. must be your other past time.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Maybe we should get some of the IP guys here to develop a way to resist bullets!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

I understand what you are saying. You are saying that there has to be checks and balances in the martial arts world. You cannot have the bjj people constantly asking for proof especially for things like IP, Iron body, etc that can ONLY be utilized in demonstration. This should be an accepted fact by all parties but it is not. On the other hand you cannot have IP people saying they can withstand a car door being slammed into their hands and not have damage.

Dude, don't be so dramatic. It's just the internet.

I'm pretty sure you banned me from Bullshido once because I said Frost was charging too much for his compression shirts.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 11-05-2010 at 06:26 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    MMA act like they are Gods gift to the MA because they are the only REAL martial artists, when if they actually followed their own principles of practicing what is the most efficient means of defense they would train with a gun. But when you mention that to them they continue to try to control the context by making up their own fantasies about why that is impractical and how this or that about guns or knives is not true, etc. THAT is when they reveal their own fantasy, when they demonstrate that all they really want is to feel like they are tougher than anyone else.

Tough until some 90# weakling blows their brains out with a .32 cal hand gun. If I was a 90# weakling I wouldn't try to fight a big tough guy. I would go get a gun and when they guy showed up I would blow him away. And it has happened!
    no one is denying the idiots on both sides of the street. No one is denying the effective use of a gun.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    He is not being dramatic. He is trying to make a point and Drake fires off that he knows how to kill people. The day that people think this is cool or masculine is the day they have lost their grip on reality. I can grab little girls and do nasty things to them...look how cool I am

~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    The reason TCMA is in the crap hole as he stated is because of people who promote the mystical bullsh!t. yes it's been there for years and probably will be there for many more, but I see the gems in it and try to push those forward, only to be flooded in with sh!t like guys prompting IP training and slamming there hand in a car door crap.
    It has been a crap hole from the beginning. Keep that in mind. There have been these same complaints found in documents in China going back hundreds if not over a thousand years.

It will never change. Might as well stop trying to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    I left for a whole night...and now everyone is getting banned? What happened and how was this decision decided?
    It's Myyyyyyyyssssssttttteerioussssssss!

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    I understand what you are saying. You are saying that there has to be checks and balances in the martial arts world. You cannot have the bjj people constantly asking for proof especially for things like IP, Iron body, etc that can ONLY be utilized in demonstration. This should be an accepted fact by all parties but it is not. On the other hand you cannot have IP people saying they can withstand a car door being slammed into their hands and not have damage.
    Thanks goodness someone gets it !

I can fly on chi clouds.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post

I'm pretty sure you banned me from Bullshido once because I said Frost was charging too much for his compression shirts.
    As a matter of fact, I banned only one person from Bullshido in all my time there, and that was their beloved Aesopian, the BJJ purple belt.
    I also banned a few others for sexual harrasment via Pm's.

I have always found the gun defense to be lame. Everyone can be killed by a gun. So tcma people say what is the point of all that hard mma training since you can be gunned down? What is the point of going to the doctor if your life can be ended so easily by a gun? Why eat...when you can be shot?