Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: And BOOM goes the Dynamite (Imminent Bannings)

YOu know why no one gets sexually harassed here? BEcause the only women on here are the pics that you guys post!

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    A good friend of mine once asked me, "Why do you spend time on internet discussion? What can you do if someone insults you online?" That was several years ago. Today I still don't have any answer for my friend's question.

Maybe someone can help me to find a good answer for it.
    1. If it is a info post, people may ask for proof. Usually we link some references. They may check them out and decide for them self.

2. If it is a viewpoint, it is a personal opinion, no need to prove or disapprove.

3. Agree disagree believe disbelieve. No need to convert people.

4. People insult you b/c they do not believe or agree with you. Let it be. No need to insult back. They call you bs. Let it go. B/c no need to prove them wrong.

5. Just post on something else that everyone would be able to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I just sent you a naked pic of Taai Gihk Yahn, you can thank me later

If it's the one with the stirrups, we've already seen it.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Blog Entries
    but I refused to pay you.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    There are a ton of problems that exist concerning the banned state of posters and I guess this was coming. Here is what I believe in wholeheartedly is the truth. The whole video or it didn't happen is a result of the "bullshido" era of martial arts, particulary when it comes to internet forums. Now while I don't completely disagree with this method, I don't need video evidence of a guy saying he can blow chi balls out his a**ss to know he is full of sh**it.

That being said, if a poster talks about certain TCMA training methods and how they are supeior to all other methods, people are going to chest puff and say prove it. If he is simply saying these methods work and can provide substantial evidence they do, does it really need to turn into a flame war of You Tube evidence?

I don't have a problem calling BS where it needs to be called, but what one person gauges as BS another gauges as legitimate training.
    Here is the thing, in another thread where some guys says that because of IP he can get his hand slammed in a car door and not break it and still fight with it he was told to prove it, which is obvioulsy very easy to do.
    The back and forth when on for a bit with KF doing his usual shpeel and then I posted my personal observations and conclusions based on what I have done, seen and Wolf's Law, in a nutshell stating that a conditoned hand makes for a stronger strike and the reasons why and KF agreed.
    Period.
    No need for video on my part at all, just common sense and no BS.

Too much to ask though, right?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    A good friend of mine once asked me, "Why do you spend time on internet discussion? What can you do if someone insults you online?" That was several years ago. Today I still don't have any answer for my friend's question.

Maybe someone can help me to find a good answer for it.
    We share what we know, we learn form others.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    We share what we know, we learn form others.
    Freudian slip! You're a forms fairy!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I've had my hand slammed in a car door more than once. Hurt like no tomorrow, but never broke any bones. It does bruise the deep tissue, and man, does that HURT.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Freudian slip! You're a forms fairy!
    LMAO !!
    Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I've had my hand slammed in a car door more than once. Hurt like no tomorrow, but never broke any bones. It does bruise the deep tissue, and man, does that HURT.
    Ok, who are you and what have you done with the real Drake ??

Blog Entries
    I used to repeatedly slam the car door on my hand right before sexual intercourse.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    You need to do IP training with ginosifu then. Time to up the game

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Uhhh....not quite true! The only reason to go on and on about how tough you are (the MMA guys) is because they have a need to be tough or be thought of as tough!

This doesn't work, that doesn't work. It all works under specific circumstances and doesn't work under other circumstances. When you control the context of the discussion you can make anything look like it doesn't work. So when the MMA go on and on about how this or that doesn't work, all you need to do is tell them nothing they do works against a gun. Then they try to change the context again.

The key is the control of the context. If your desire is to defend yourself (that is your context) learn to use a gun! It is easier, cheaper, takes less time, and works nearly all the time! Many times all one needs to do is brandish the gun.

But if your purpose is to argue for the efficiency of MMA, then they context is to demonstrate how tough you are! WHY? Because there is no other reason to argue the point. It is clear it is not the best form of self-defense. It is only a game like every other martial art.
    I can honestly say that yes, some douchbags can contaminate the whole batch. Just look at TCMA and the exact pool I've spoken of before, people that want to try and push mythical dim mak, unconventional stuff that doesn't work on people. Your throwing a blanket statement out just as many of them do. So if we want to take it a step further we could group you into the whole TCMA nutbag crew, see how it works.

You have to understand there are middle groups in everything, and I strive to find them, because the left or right is to extreme. KF and HW8 represent opposite ends of the spectrum they are perfect examples of polar opposite.

You throwing a blanket statement out about mma is the same as me throwing one out about TCMA's guys.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Ok, who are you and what have you done with the real Drake ??
    I was a kid when it happened. Both times. Once I was getting out of the car, closed the cdoor, realized I forgot something, and when I tried to catch it, the door slammed on my hand. Lucky me, it was also locked.

I still get hurt, but haven't had a door slammed on my hand in ages. Last injury was running with my rucksack on. Rolled my ankle.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    Scott,
    This goes back to a philosophical point. In the movie, 300, the main character was sent into the woods naked to become a man, to become tough. If he survived then he would be king. This is important because if they had just made him king without this trial he might have been a weak king(maybe). But the fact that he survived, killed a cool looking wolf, proved to himself that he had the nuts to lead Sparta. Yeah yeah, I used a movie reference. Sue me.
    In the movie, he killed the wolf accidentally if you recall. So what kind of king does that make him now? Of course the ancients believed in luck too and a lucky leader was considered quite valuable!

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    MMA training is the equivalent of going into the woods and proving to yourself how tough you are......
    I don't have a problem with that. I respect MMA and if I was younger and had more time I would enjoy adding it to my list of skills. It is the continuous mouthing off by the MMA that annoys me. If you have to keep going on and on about something, it is an indication of some kind of agenda that is based upon your own (not you, the MMAists I am talking about) immaturity.

Tough guys don't need to keep demonstrating it to themselves by challenging other people. These guys are emotionally weak, and require constant reinforcement in order to demonstrate their own superiority over others to themselves.

The implication is, "I am better than you, because I am a MMAist, which is real, and you are nothing because you practice a fantasy art."

My point has always been that MMA is also a fantasy art. It is founded upon a specific context. Change the context, add a gun, and it is no better than anyone else. It is efficient because it allows ground fighting. Regardless of whether that is where streetfights end up or not, it is still just a fixed context.

A journeyman boxer can take out just about any MMA in a boxing match. A fencer could do the same thing. A combat trained gunman can do that same thing, etc.

It is all about context. When you seek to control the context you reinforce your own fantasy. That is what many of these guys do!

One of my favorite stories, that I have shared here a number of times is about a pankration guy and one of Alexanders the Great's top soldiers. (This argument has been going on for thousands of years!)

During one of their drinking feasts there was a discussion/argument over who were the REAL warriors, the Olympic pankration guy or a true soldier. So it came down to a challenge and a fight. The pankration guy defeated the soldier in hand to hand, but following the bout the soldier merely took a spear and ran the Olympic Champion through and killed him.

Point made!!! It is all about context. The pankration guy was tough in HIS environment, the soldier in his!

It is also this with MMA and TCMA and Boxing, and Muay Thai, and Fencing, and Greco-Roman Wrestling, etc.. They each have their own context that defines their success and efficiency.
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 11-05-2010 at 07:23 AM.