Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: And BOOM goes the Dynamite (Imminent Bannings)

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    In the movie, he killed the wolf accidentally if you recall. So what kind of king does that make him now? Of course the ancients believed in luck too and a lucky leader was considered quite valuable!

Huh??? he didn't kill it accidentally, he stuck it in the mouth with a spear... and he didn't slip doing it.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    You throwing a blanket statement out about mma is the same as me throwing one out about TCMA's guys.
    No no, you have misunderstood me! Please read what I have said more carefully.

It is not MMA that I am talking about. It is specific people who feel the need to go on and on about its superiority. Please read my post above to MP about the pankration guy and Alexander's soldier.

It is all about context! MMA is good, it is valuable, it is important. It is the attitude of some of these guys that I am criticizing.

I also admit that there is a lot of fantasy in TCMA. The thing is no one can force another person out of their fantasy. It will happen if and when it does. But it will mostly likely NOT happen because someone is being a jerk to them. It happens when they get into a fight and lose and then decide to reflect upon why it happened.

Huh??? he didn't kill it accidentally, he stuck it in the mouth with a spear... and he didn't slip doing it.
    Didn't he run into a small cleft in between two rocks? On a plain, or anywhere else out in the open, he would have been wolf food. He got lucky because of where he was. As I recall, he was running away and stumbled upon the cleft accidentally which limited the wolf's mobility!

Of course this was just an artistic manner of demonstrating how this same tactic was used in during the fight with the Persians!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 11-05-2010 at 07:26 AM.

so some people in TCMA don't have a superiority complex? some of the TCMA's don't have egotistical attitudes as well?

Again I understand what you are saying, I'm saying that it's on both sides of the street. Yes there are MMA guys spouting crap just as there are TMA's guys doing it.

context is a correct statement. Anything on in second person can easily be taken out of context for example. We are in an internet environment and you have to put your "thicker" skin on because we are at a lose for body language, facial indicators, tone of voice, etc. It's to be expected. If we were all in a room face to face then we would see a mark change for sure.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Have you guys even seen 300?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYJk01emsV8

He lures the wolf into the crevice and allows it to attack because that is when it is vulnerable.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Didn't he run into a small cleft in between two rocks? On a plain, or anywhere else out in the open, he would have been wolf food. He got lucky because of where he was. As I recall, he was running away and stumbled upon the cleft accidentally which limited the wolf's mobility!

Of course this was just an artistic manner of demonstrating how this same event was used in during the fight with the Persians!
    as i remember correctly,

He saw the wolf, turned away for a minute and saw the opening, started walking slowly towards it, the wolf charged, he leaps through the opening, the wolf gets jammed in, he stands up looks at the wolf and shoves the spear through it's mouth.

so some people in TCMA don't have a superiority complex? some of the TCMA's don't have egotistical attitudes as well?

Again I understand what you are saying, I'm saying that it's on both sides of the street. Yes there are MMA guys spouting crap just as there are TMA's guys doing it.

context is a correct statement. Anything on in second person can easily be taken out of context for example. We are in an internet environment and you have to put your "thicker" skin on because we are at a lose for body language, facial indicators, tone of voice, etc. It's to be expected. If we were all in a room face to face then we would see a mark change for sure.
    I agree with you and it was not my intention to imply that TCMAers are saints. The topic was MMA though so that is what I was focusing my diatribe on!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Have you guys even seen 300?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYJk01emsV8

He lures the wolf into the crevice and allows it to attack because that is when it is vulnerable.
    I only saw it once and didn't even watch all of it.

So I have no idea how it ends!

Ok I watched the clip and I clearly remembered it incorrectly! I thought he was running away from the wolf as opposed to luring it in!

Conspiracy!

The banhammer drops right around the same time as this. . .

Cyber Command Achieves Full Operational Capability

Department of Defense announced today that U.S. Cyber Command has achieved full operational capability (FOC).

Achieving FOC involved U.S. Cyber Command completing a number of critical tasks to ensure it was capable of accomplishing its mission. U.S. Cyber Command is responsible for directing activities to operate and defend DoD networks.

"I am confident in the great service members and civilians we have here at U.S. Cyber Command. Cyberspace is essential to our way of life and U.S. Cyber Command synchronizes our efforts in the defense of DoD networks. We also work closely with our interagency partners to assist them in accomplishing their critical missions," said Gen. Keith Alexander, commander of U.S. Cyber Command.

Some of the critical FOC tasks included establishing a Joint Operations Center and transitioning personnel and functions from two existing organizations, the Joint Task Force for Global Network Operations and the Joint Functional Component Command for Network Warfare. U.S. Cyber Command's development will not end at FOC, and the department will continue to grow the capacity and capability essential to operate and defend our networks effectively. There are also enduring tasks that will be on-going after FOC, such as developing the workforce, providing support to the combatant commanders, and efforts to continue growing capacity and capability.

U.S. Cyber Command is a sub-unified command under the U.S. Strategic Command. It reached its "initial operational capability" on May 21, 2010.

For more information, media may contact Col. Rivers Johnson Jr., Cyber Command Public Affairs at 301-688-6584.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

so some people in TCMA don't have a superiority complex? some of the TCMA's don't have egotistical attitudes as well?.
    The internal martial arts and praying mantis are the worst at this. They have been touting their "deadly" propaganda for years.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    TAAIWow Taai, you really included me in that list? I have been a upstanding contributing member on here since 1996 and always post postitve things. It wasnt until 3 certain people talked about my wife, my children, threatend me, posted my personal information on here and basically talked s h i t and constantly attacked and made rude comments to every single post I made even if i was askign someon else a direct qurestion.
    Obviously you havent taken the time to really read what I type. I go out fo my way to help others and share in great discussions on here the phone and a couple times invited certain members to do demonstration at my schools..
    Obviously, and as appear to be the norm for you, YOU haven't taken the tyime to really read what I typed; at all; let me refresh your memory (bold added for emphasis):
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    I'm confused - KF and LHK get the Banning, but Earth Dragon, Jamieson, Hardwork and Mysterious Power don't? not saying that they should get it, but they are as much the impetus for and / or center of any given sh1t storm as the first two were; so I'm trying to understand the criteria here...is it a California thing?!?
    now, in your hurry to preserve your ego-driven self-image, you have completely missed the point that I was making; which is not that you aren't an upstanding, model citizen of KFMF, but that, FOR WHATEVER REASON, you seem to become embroiled in a lot of the sh1t storms we have on here; why? probably because you react emotionally and type before you think - this has happened a few times with you even between us, and so probably accounts for many of the other instances; so my statement was not qualifying your involvement, but quantifying it - there is a big difference, and if you would take the occasional breath in between reading and responding, you might have realized this; so again, to be clear; I am NOT suggesting that you should be banned, I am simply pointing out that, like KF and LHK, you are a magnet for rancorous posting; and since I don't see any real difference between you and the two of them, in my own estimation as personally, I did not have a problem with either KF or LHK, nor do I have one with you; but I must say, that every time you perceive the slightest slight, you recite this laundry list of qualifications, both credentialed or otherwise, substantiating why you are the unjust victim of a perceived attack; I don't know why, and honestly, don't really care why either;

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    FYI, I do NOT agree on banning anyone outside of PERSONAL harrasment and constant derailing of thread for personal reasons.
    Which means that MANY here would be banned.
    I just logged in this morning and got the PM from Gene asking me who I though should be banned.
    My reply was " Now, that is a dangerous question, LMAO".
    Fact is, different posters have different posting styles and some people have a very low BS meter and that cause friction.
    I recall not too long ago I spoke over the phone about KF to Marc Denny, One of the founder of the Dog Brothers.
    I mentioned that I was getting complaints about him on another forum that I moderate.
    I go on the DBMA forum whenever I feel a need for "hitting people with sticks discussions".
    He said that he knows Dale personally and that he is indeed a very nice guy but uncompromising and that his "attitude" is something typical of BJJ guys with their "show me" outlook on MA.
    I agreed.
    He did say something that struck home though:
    When did people become so insecure in their MA training that the feel PERSONALLY threaten when someone says "show me" or "prove it"?
    well said, sir, well said;

How come no one has ever sexually harassed me on PM?
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I just sent you a naked pic of Taai Gihk Yahn, you can thank me later
    Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    OK......WTF are you doing with naked PICS of TGY? you wanna know how i know you're gay? cause you're naked in the pics with him!!!!!! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    YOU sent them to me, but I refused to pay you.....
    I don't think it is considered Sexual Harassment when it is something you enjoy!
    you know, originally, after reading the first post or two, I was going to type something witty; but as I kept reading, I became concerned, then worried, then deeply, deeply troubled, until I now feel that I need to go bathe in a mixture of bleach and ammonia until my eyeballs melt, my nostrils dissolve and all of my skin peels off, and only thereafter will I feel sufficiently purged to continue going about my day...

[QUOTE=Scott R. Brown: It is also this with MMA and TCMA and Boxing, and Muay Thai, and Fencing, and Greco-Roman Wrestling, etc.. They each have their own context that defines their success and efficiency.[/QUOTE]

Very well put. Thank you.

jd
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

you know, originally, after reading the first post or two, I was going to type something witty; but as I kept reading, I became concerned, then worried, then deeply, deeply troubled, until I now feel that I need to go bathe in a mixture of bleach and ammonia until my eyeballs melt, my nostrils dissolve and all of my skin peels off, and only thereafter will I feel sufficiently purged to continue going about my day...
    Folks, he's just trying to distract us since photographic evidence of his sexually predatory behavior has now surfaced

"Now, just stay like this while I walk behind you"
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 11-05-2010 at 08:16 AM.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

<Aside> Shhhhhh! My post was actually a sly request to be PM'd a massive amount of pictures of naked women!! See? You pretend it offends you and they do more of it! You pretend you enjoy it, when their intent is to harass you, and they stop!! Pretty sly of me isn't it!!

Now don't tell anyone....it is just between you and me!