Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Throws of the north?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Both the Ti and Bie principles all contain more than 30 different throws. That's how complicate the Chinese throwing art is. Chinese old saying said, "The major Chinese throw contain 360 throws. The number of the minor Chinese throws can be as many as the number of hair on a cow's body."

26. 架樑踢JIA LIANG TI - arm locking kick
    27. 前进踢CHEN DI TI - forward marching kick

24. 上把别SAN BA BIE - upperbody control leg block
    25. 下把别ZA BA BIE - lower body control leg block
    Thanks, I'll have to find out more....you are the first Chin na person I've met. Its very interesting....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

this is one fo my favorite hrows, its called Beng Tiao, its quick simple but ruthless.

Attachment 5904
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    this is one fo my favorite hrows, its called Beng Tiao, its quick simple but ruthless.

Attachment 5904
    Just trying to continue the discussion on this thread. Could you explain how do you do your 崩挑(Beng Tiao)? In that picture, it seems to me that you are pulling your opponent's left arm. Is that a follow through of a Mantis "waist chop"?

geez, explian in text? LOl OK I will give it a try..... opponent throws a right punch (jab), you mantis grab (gou) with your right hand pull arm down and counter punch (cross) to his face, opponent blocks, you then step behind your own leg into a X- leg stance while you grab this tricept area , or grab the jacket or shirt on his right shoulder, and you lock his elbow of his left hand across your chest this is called (Beng) then you snap the hips counter clockwise while turning and lifting (Tiao) your right leg, up towards the ceiling.

your opponent has his elbow locked as wll he cannot jump higher then you lift your leg so he goes feet over head and lands on the mat while you still have his arm locked.

its quick simple and very effective. I will post some of these throws on my new website as examples, but its a work in progress but shoudl be done this month i hope.
    hope that helps
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

heres another angle that shows the leg lift (Tiao)

Attachment 5908
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Blog Entries
    That's what I thought. The same set up as the Mantis "引針腰斬(Yin Zhen Yao Zhan) - waist chop".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-08-2010 at 09:26 PM.

yeah kind of a variation of wasit chop, its a nice throw it can come right off a uppercut or any time the arms get tied up.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan