Thread: The 18th Luohan Exercise

The 18th Luohan Exercise

After painstaking work I have cobbled together an almost readable version of Golden Hook Hangs the Jade Vase, the 18 road of 18 Luohan.

After reading through this text over the years it becomes more and more apparent that the author is transmitting his method of spiritual cultivation to some unknown acolyte.

Who was he writing for has always intrigued me. He was not writing a manual for himself to read in later years to help him remember. Nor was he writing a how-to method on how to perform. Instead his goal is to help inspire and motivate somene or possibly some group of people to practice their own personal cultivation.

Comments Welcome.
    The Golden Hook Hangs the Jade Vase

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Tainan Mantis View Post
    After painstaking work I have cobbled together an almost readable version of Golden Hook Hangs the Jade Vase, the 18 road of 18 Luohan.

After reading through this text over the years it becomes more and more apparent that the author is transmitting his method of spiritual cultivation to some unknown acolyte.

Who was he writing for has always intrigued me. He was not writing a manual for himself to read in later years to help him remember. Nor was he writing a how-to method on how to perform. Instead his goal is to help inspire and motivate somene or possibly some group of people to practice their own personal cultivation.

Comments Welcome.
    The Golden Hook Hangs the Jade Vase

Kevin
    Do you have any of this on video?
    Ask me how I can sell your dojo!

Charlee is a half a$$ 6th degree of fake Villari kempo

Greetings,

The translation suggests that there is a squat before you push up with the arms, straightening the legs with the push of the arms. Is this the case?

mickey

Kevin,
    Nicely done! Your work in this area is certainly appreciated!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Thanks Richard.

As far as I know there is no publicly available video of the entire form.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    The translation suggests that there is a squat before you push up with the arms, straightening the legs with the push of the arms. Is this the case?
    Push up your arms as you sink your hips.

There is a similar move earlier in the form.
    I wrote an article on that posture with an emphasis on the diety Weituo
    Weituo offers his Vajra