Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How is street fighting any different than Sports fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Street-fighting involves many environmental challenges:

1. You can't slam someone's head into a wall in the ring.
    Getting slammed on a ring doesnt feel fun

fighters have even got knocked out from it because their heads thudded off of it. dan severn even boinked his head against a metal part of the cage in Kotc from a fall.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

i dont really see much of a difference between the two honestly. basically the same thing imo. one is just way more physically intense because its partially an endurance and test as well. the other is more mentally challenging because there are serious factors involved that can result in very hard core results. ie: die, prison, blood feud, etc.

when it comes to crunch time and you are fighting, its just a fight.

even a real fight has rules. you think im going to kill a guy just cuz hes a giant douche and wants to bang my chick? not likely, ill probably take it easier on him than i would in a sport fight cuz i know the concequences are more than disqualification if i go to far.

in the ring i know he's trained, in the street i know there is a good chance he isnt.

its everything BESIDES the actual fight itself that is different. if you isolate the fight itself, its pretty the same thing. with a bit of room to allow for things that make it a non standard fight; weapons, friends, police, crazy bitches scratching your eyes out, stuff like that.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Bully Defense - big guy, big head, wants to fight you just to be an @ss. Martial Arts training can deal with this guy... especially sport training.

Self Defense - Life or death struggle. Someone is going to die or be seriously hurt and most likely it's going to be you if you don't do anything. This is all about escape and survive. It's mostly a mindset. It's mostly about becoming educated with real life scenario based training. Although martial arts helps, it's not required. CCW with proper training is the biggest push for safety experts. Also awareness of the reality of how criminals operate is key to survival and to making the proper decisions.

hhmmm personally, i train as much offence as defence... for me its not really about self defence... its about having the ability to bring the pain to all enemies alike should i decide i have the need or even the desire to do so...

im not worried about being attacked, robbed, whatever... i dont need to know how to fight in order to avoid, escape or defuse that sort of situation...

when i train, i do it with the metality of a soldier, not some guy that wants to feel safe in a dark alley...