Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real life Michelle Yeoh SuperCop

Real life Michelle Yeoh SuperCop

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

And in America they would give him everything he wanted before arresting him, giving him a fair trial, etc.
    I have a signature.

in the movie maybe...but in real life hostage situation usually end with the hostage taker dead or incapacitated. about the video thou, crazy how she was smiling and laughing and after just shooting a man dead.

Were the last two shots really needed?
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    probably not, but in the midst of a killing, it is difficult at best to be the clearest of thinkers.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

you take a perfectly innocent person hostage and stab them with scissors and terrify them for hours, you desreve what you get, IMHO
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    yes. the hostage was in the way, so the first shot might only have winged him in the shoulder of the hand holding the scissors, or it could've missed completely. Then you need to put him down-two to the body, one to the head.
    Adrenaline could cause the attacker to further injure the hostage, or others nearby.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

i dont think it wouldve went down like that...in the states because thats a lawsuit right there, but honestly the one was shooting to kill, because after the first shot or two the hostage was clear the tactical team couldve moved in and subdued him...but the women office was aiming to kill the man...and then was laughing about it, which is a true sign of a sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    ..but the women office was aiming to kill the man...and then was laughing about it, which is a true sign of a sociopath.
    I couldn't hear any dialogue, so I cannot determine what she was laughing at.
    She could've been laughing out of nervousness, or someone could've told her she was the next Michelle Yeoh...who knows?

actually, simply seeing someone laughing and then creating this whole idea in your head exactly what she was thinking and why she was laughing, and then condemning her for it..well, that kinda worries me...
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    She could've been laughing out of nervousness, or someone could've told her she was the next Michelle Yeoh...who knows?

actually, simply seeing someone laughing and then creating this whole idea in your head exactly what she was thinking and why she was laughing, and then condemning her for it..well, that kinda worries me...
    Second.

People take death differently. She may have been scared ****less of the situation at hand, knowing she was about to kill a guy, then after doing it, she was just laughing out of fear, jitters and the after effect of adrenaline.

Kind of like when you get a rush of adrenaline, after that you may be laughing. She undoubtedly got an adrenaline rush from the situation.
    I have a signature.

I'm living one hour by train,from this place in shenzhen city, interesting. I also agree that the guy deserved to be shot dead. She was probably scarred the guy was going to come after her with the sissors,so she killed him intentionaly. No need to worry about a law suit in china,people have no rights.

yes. the hostage was in the way, so the first shot might only have winged him in the shoulder of the hand holding the scissors, or it could've missed completely. Then you need to put him down-two to the body, one to the head.
    Adrenaline could cause the attacker to further injure the hostage, or others nearby.
    It looked to me... that the third and fourth shot were with the guy a few feet away from the victim. You could be right though.. there's no way to really tell from the video angle if, he was moving.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

i didnt condemn her...i just pointed out that killing someone and having no remorse what so ever is a sign of being a sociopath...you know how many people are sociopaths in this world? the number would alarm you... i mean honestly whether she did the right thing or not depends on how you view it...in the US. the rule for police is perserve life...., there is a reason why we have trained hostage negotiators and guess what they work, we see it on the news all the time..sometimes it ends tragically but thats after every option was explored...was every option explored in this situation? idk it just seems like they asked him to let the girl go for an hour or so kept giving him water then finally said **** it this **** is taking to long and put a couple of hot ones in him...then after the officer was laughing, and im sorry but that wasnt a nervous laugh.. im not condemning im making an observation.

ok, I get that. But if after an hour or so of attempted negotiations, and he's sticking her with the scissors...sorry, we're gonna have to put Old Yeller down.
    (btw-that was not an intended racial slur towards Asians. It's a quote from a movie. It just came out that way. No offense intended.)
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Most likely what she saw was the guy still moving after she shot him the first time. Probably something like, movement indicating he was trying to get up.

Since it is already established he is a dangerous person willing to use deadly force she did the right thing.

You don't wrestle with him, you don't pull the hostage away in hopes you can get her away without the bad guy getting to her again, you shoot him until you are sure he is no longer a threat. If that takes 10 bullets then it takes 10 bullets!