Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How is street fighting any different than Sports fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Serenity View Post

Sport fights are not street fights. That's not to say sport fights aren't serious, but at the same time. A lot of sport fighters would not have the mind to be able to handle the crazy and vicious guys of the street. To beat these guys on the street you have to be ready to be more vicious than them.
    You can be as crazy as you like but if the guys skilled chances are your crazyness isnt gonna be much use.

fighters as well imply that mentality where they invision their opponent not being able to beat them and carry that mind set where there is no possible way they will lose. It's quite common actually.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Blog Entries
    Because I don't give them ****, but at the same time I'm fearless,
    that is the secret. its when you are all afraid and they can see it it means you don't fit in and are not from there. you become that easy target. but i totally relate to you brother. my mom died when i was around eleven and when i was younger than that she used to send me to the corner store with a bat or chain or something to protect myself.

It is the mind and intent to be able to think there is no way in hell this guy can beat me, and you have already lost by even looking at me the wrong way
    that is something i also teach my students. they always say "but he's so much bigger than me" and i tell them "You already lost then. because i don't care if he's a big a$$ Samoan, and NOBODY is just going to whip my a$$. there's a difference behind a sports mentality fighting to win, but a street fighter's mind set its do or die. there's no chance for fuk ups. one slip up could mean your head being slammed repeatedly into the cement. kicked in the head or face. so a street fighter HAS to have that "YOU"RE NOT KICKING MY A$$ MUDDA CHUKKA" frame of mind.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9q...eet-thug_sport

this is what it will look like 99 percent of the time when you put a combat athlete against a street fighter

"craziness" = some spaz who has no idea what he's doing and is scared to death.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9q...eet-thug_sport

this is what it will look like 99 percent of the time when you put a combat athlete against a street fighter
    The black guy who is supposed to be a "thug" stops his half assed punches to pull his pants up. That's not a real fight, it's like a "sparring for camera" fight. A real thug will keep swinging without stopping. Or might even take out a blade if its a private fight without a crowd. Knives are cheap, very easy to get over guns. Most serious gang members carry them.

So if you're learning self defense without incorporating modern weapons. It's incomplete.

Blog Entries
    The black guy who is supposed to be a "thug" stops his half assed punches to pull his pants up. That's not a real fight, it's like a "sparring for camera" fight. A real thug will keep swinging without stopping. Or might even take out a blade if its a private fight without a crowd. Knives are cheap, very easy to get over guns. Most serious gang members carry them.
    the black dude didn't know how to fight. he'd get mashed on out here.

Blog Entries
    Knives are cheap, very easy to get over guns. Most serious gang members carry them.
    me and my friends used to carry the old school afro picks with metal teeth. and funny thing was not everyone was black. LOL.....but it made one helluva weapon when choppin at his face with it.

Blog Entries
    This was the most commonly used street fight weapon in Taiwan many years ago.

http://big5.hoohoohoo.com/hoonews/news_563196.html

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5...reetweapon.jpg

So if you're learning self defense without incorporating modern weapons. It's incomplete.

"real" thugs often pray on the weak and defenseless in their communities and have to join up in a gang because they dont have the proverbial cajones to do anything on their own.

You take a thug out of his safety zone ie his five or so odd friends ready to help him out if he is getting beat up and put him in a place where his posturing means little and you have that video.
    Last edited by goju; 11-08-2010 at 12:54 AM.

"real" thugs often pray on the weak and defenseless in their communities and have to join up in gang because they dont have the proverbial cajones to do anything on their own.

You take a thug out of his safety zone ie his five or so odd friends ready to help him out if he is getting beat up and put him in a place where his posturing means little and you have that video.
    I have seen street fights go on my entire life. And I can say without a doubt that the link you showed me did not show a real thug or a real street fight, but more a wannabe or just a sparring video that was not serious. All the street fights I have seen there is hardly no pausing it's a straight up brawl and someone gets ****ed up quick. Someones face ends up full of blood and unrecognizable. Often trips to the dentist or hospital follow soon after.

And that's not to say all thugs are good fighters because they aren't. But at the same time, most martial artists cannot deal with thugs that have that killer instinct, if they do not have it even more so in themselves. What is the bottom line though, is that most martial artists that are already good won't be getting into street fights unless they're looking for them.

Like I said earlier I am surrounded in thugs and gang members, and not even once do they mess with me. Because I am not easy prey. So yes they do look for easy prey, or for those who are afraid. But that doesn't mean they aren't capable of being able to put up a good fight. Most thugs will go after you because you disrespected them, or because you look like a p*ssy with money.
    Last edited by Mr Serenity; 11-08-2010 at 01:14 AM.

I have seen street fights go on my entire life.

Wow, they must be tired by now!

I have seen street fights go on my entire life. And I can say without a doubt that the link you showed me did not show a real thug or a real street fight, but more a wannabe or just a sparring video that was not serious. All the street fights I have seen, someones face ends up full of blood and unrecognizable. Often trips to the dentist or hospital follow soon after.

And that's not to say all thugs are good fighters because they aren't. But at the same time, most martial artists cannot deal with thugs that have that killer instinct, if they do not have it even more so in themselves.
    That video highlighted exactly what happens when the unskilled meets the skilled.

There are countless videos showing street fights ,prison fights, etc.etc and they show the same exact thing from these "thugs" . Uncoordinated sloppy attacking.

And yes i've met these unsavoury characters myself. Hell im related to some lol

I recall seeing one of the most infamous men in my old neighbour hood being slammed on the ground and choked until he begged for his life. Guess what got mr bad stuff in that situation? good ole fashion high schoolwrastlin

Guess who chokes him silly? A male nurse with a crystal clean record Lol

Mr bad ass was in and out of jail since he was 18 and now hes in there for life for murder and armed robbery, Real enough for you?

Or i recall from personal experince chasing 6 members of Galliant Knights Insane ( what a name for gang!) through the projects with one of my relatives when they chucked a frozen ice bottle at our truck.

These Galliant Knights are supposed to be one of the worst Gangs in my state. Lots of murderers and the lot among them too.

Yeeah for some reason ii would feel more comfortable fighting the local hood rat than the man whos my size, is well trained , may have more experience than me .fights other experienced guys, and can 100 percent prove himself in a combat situation.

You wanna see scary stare at someone across the ring or cage who beats people up for a living. I would take the hood rat any day over that.
    Last edited by goju; 11-08-2010 at 02:54 AM.

That video highlighted exactly what happens when the unskilled meets the skilled.

There are countless videos showing street fights ,prison fights, etc.etc and they show the same exact thing from these "thugs" . Uncoordinated sloppy attacking.

And yes i've met these unsavoury characters myself. Hell im related to some lol

I recall seeing one of the most infamous men in my old neighbour hood being slammed on the ground and choked until he begged for his life. Guess what got mr bad stuff in that situation? good ole fashion high schoolwrastlin

Guess who chokes him silly? A male nurse with a crystal clean record Lol

Mr bad ass was in and out of jail since he was 18 and now hes in there for life for murder and armed robbery, Real enough for you?

Or i recall from personal experince chasing 6 members of Galliant Knights Insane ( what a name for gang!) through the projects with one of my relatives when they chucked a frozen ice bottle at our truck.

These Galliant Knights are supposed to be one of the worst Gangs in my state. Lots of murderers and the lot among them too.

Yeeah for some reason ii would feel more comfortable fighting the local hood rat than the man whos my size, is well trained , may have more experience than me .fights other experienced guys, and can 100 percent prove himself in a combat situation.

You wanna see scary stare at someone across the ring or cage who beats people up for a living. I would take the hood rat any day over that.

Here is the way I see it. You're most likely to come out alive by fighting a well trained martial artist. He probably has honor and will not kill you.

If that badass you speak of was begging for his life, he's not a badass in my book. I don't think you understand the psychology of a real thug till you meet the crips, bloods and Mexican gangs from Los Angeles. These guys are like modern rounin without honor. Every other week I see candles and pictures at a street shrine for someone who was murdered.

It's because these guys pack blades. Some of them heat. And if they lost a fight to a white man that would be complete disgrace. It would be impossible for them to lose like that, even if they have to take out their blade. These are guys that have nothing to lose.

The only people that could beat the experienced thugs in a fight without rules would be straight up savage, more than them. Someone who is also trained in weapons. If they don't take out a weapon on you they were a grunt.

Here is the way I see it. You're most likely to come out alive by fighting a well trained martial artist. He probably has honor and will not kill you..
    You realize the myth of an a noble martial artist who stands for truth and justice is just that a myth right? Quite a few fights in the Tma world have ended with someone dead.Most of the gong sau matches in china were hardly under honourable circumstances.

If that badass you speak of was begging for his life, he's not a badass in my book. I don't think you understand the psychology of a real thug till you meet the crips, bloods and Mexican gangs from Los Angeles. These guys are like modern rounin without honor. Every other week I see candles and pictures at a street shrine for someone who was murdered...
    Uh.. have you ever had someone trying to choke you to death before? Machismo tends to crumble when you got one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel.

It's because these guys pack blades. Some of them heat. And if they lost a fight to a white man that would be complete disgrace. It would be impossible for them to lose like that, even if they have to take out their blade. These are guys that have nothing to lose....
    So then they are hardly insane or savages if they use that kind of ration.

The only people that could beat the experienced thugs in a fight without rules would be straight up savage, more than them. Someone who is also trained in weapons. If they don't take out a weapon on you they were a grunt.

You can be as savage as you like but you can just as easily be knocked out or choked unconcious as the next guy. your mental state is useless if you do not have the physical capabilties to back it up.
    Last edited by goju; 11-08-2010 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    Sports’ fighting is for people who make good life decisions
    And
    Street fighting is for people who make bad life decisions

And
    Street fighters who habitually engage in felonious assaults end up in jail.
    tell that to lee murrey LMAO