Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How is street fighting any different than Sports fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    ]

how would she do against a trained fighting rapist? LOL
    Thank goodness sport fighters aren't into that.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

combat athletes are the most prepared individuals for a fight no matter where it occurs therfore if you want to be able to handle yourself when the proverbial **** hits the fan your training should mimic what these fighters do.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Blog Entries
    Keyword: combat athletes.

Reality: NOT EVERYONE wants to train to become a combat athlete. they want to defend themselves. family. be able to save face in front of their lady. some people just don't have it in them to be the ATHLETE but DO have it in them to deal with a street situation.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Keyword: combat athletes.

Reality: NOT EVERYONE wants to train to become a combat athlete. they want to defend themselves. family. be able to save face in front of their lady. some people just don't have it in them to be the ATHLETE but DO have it in them to deal with a street situation.

but you should develop the athletic prowess to reinforce things and be well prepared. As has been pointed out things can go wrong in a street situation so its a good idea to have more in you than mere will power and determination.

here is my question for this thread.

what degree are you guys talking about.

are you all talking top game street figher vs top game sport fighter?

or do you mean, weak street fighter vs fedor?

you have variances. sport fighters will have a higher amount of fight ready people out of the total, but that doesnt mean all street fighter will be weak and non atheletic.

example:
    one of the local mexican gangs where i grew up had 1 white guy in the gang, his gang name was wedo (it means white boy) he was their fighter. 6+ 200+ and crazy mean. meaning he was the best guy they had on the 'payroll' at that time. this is a matter of survival of the fittest. you didnt get his position unless you were an animal. no joke. you had to be prooven fighter, and have beaten the **** out of prooven fighters from other gangs. I saw him fight more than once. Hell I saw him beat up 3 guys at one time. Were they trained fighters? no, but there were 3 of them and it wasnt like the movies where they attacked one at a time. he litterally beat the crap out of 1 guy while one was on his back. he was always high and the only time you saw wedo was when he was going to fight. so if you saw wedo you stuck around. cuz you knew there was going to be a good fight.

there are weak street fighters, then there are the 'pro' equivelant. the guys who were there ONLY for fighting. they get paid, either in cash, status, *****es, drugs, or a combination. and they got lots of experience, against fighters AND chumps. you dont meet these guys often, and they dont 'make a name' cuz what they do is illegal. they are in and have been in deep and probably will never get out of that life and likely will die before they go grey, or get locked up.

wedo is in prison for life. who knows if he survived there or not.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    but you should develop the athletic prowess to reinforce things and be well prepared.
    I AGREE. We train our students to be the best they can be. i do agree that MMA level training is better than the current level of combat training taking place today. but i agree with you.

Blog Entries

it's really about what kind of fighting that takes place in the streets and all that comes with it as opposed to sports fighting and all that comes with that. i will say again, both are fighters, one just trains at a higher level than the other.

yeah but the things is this guys beating up god knows who

smaller guys , bigger guys, whatever its a whole different story when you get in there with a professional fighter hes not gonna move like these guys hes fighting, hes gonna be in leaps and bounds better condition than any street fighter out there and hes not gonna be high lol

heres another street fighting video where techique won out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2DirtL7JBg

Blog Entries
    i agree with you again. but a student can train LIKE a sports fighter without having to become one yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post

you have variances. sport fighters will have a higher amount of fight ready people out of the total, but that doesnt mean all street fighter will be weak and non atheletic.

example:
    one of the local mexican gangs where i grew up had 1 white guy in the gang, his gang name was wedo (it means white boy) he was their fighter. 6+ 200+ and crazy mean. meaning he was the best guy they had on the 'payroll' at that time. this is a matter of survival of the fittest. you didnt get his position unless you were an animal. no joke. you had to be prooven fighter, and have beaten the **** out of prooven fighters from other gangs. I saw him fight more than once. Hell I saw him beat up 3 guys at one time. Were they trained fighters? no, but there were 3 of them and it wasnt like the movies where they attacked one at a time. he litterally beat the crap out of 1 guy while one was on his back. he was always high and the only time you saw wedo was when he was going to fight. so if you saw wedo you stuck around. cuz you knew there was going to be a good fight.

there are weak street fighters, then there are the 'pro' equivelant. the guys who were there ONLY for fighting. they get paid, either in cash, status, *****es, drugs, or a combination. and they got lots of experience, against fighters AND chumps. you dont meet these guys often, and they dont 'make a name' cuz what they do is illegal. they are in and have been in deep and probably will never get out of that life and likely will die before they go grey, or get locked up.

wedo is in prison for life. who knows if he survived there or not.
    I knew a guy like that once, he was an enforcer for the HA's, saw him take out a couple of SC's guys in a strip club the HA's owned that the SC's though was a good idea to go into.
    A coke head too, a tad bigger then your guy and always armed with a knife and I mean always.
    One day he is all nervous and freaking out and I ask a buddy of mine why and he says:
    He got reamed by Joe last week and Joe said that if he didn't fix the problem Joe would **** him 6 ways to Sunday, then Joe put his head through the bar counter.

In case you were wondering, Joe is an old , middle age guy that was the head bouncer at the club, he was a 6th in Shotokan, 5-5 and 185lbs.

Weird eh?
    Last edited by sanjuro_ronin; 11-08-2010 at 02:27 PM.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

i agree with you again. but a student can train LIKE a sports fighter without having to become one yes?
    oh yes this is completely true

haha i love stories like that.

i think its pretty much a given that someone trained and tested to do something will fair better than people who dont go through that same process. You can apply that to any skill in the world.

just dont automatically assume the guy your going to throw down with isnt trained. i'd rather assume he is, and that hes trained better than you, smarter than you, longer than you, and harder than you.

here is a strange question. how many street fights in brazil do you think one or both of the guys is trained skill wise to some degree in bjj? im betting more than a few. how would a regular brazillian street fighter with a decent understanding of bjj do against a trained pro sport boxer?

it would be a strange match up, but if he doestn get ko quickly, i bet he breaks the boxer.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    just dont automatically assume the guy your going to throw down with isnt trained.
    that brother is the one thing a street fighter knows from the get go. You never know what someone knows so you never underestimate anyone. you just fight your heart out and if in the end he was easy to defeat than know that he wasn't a trained fighter. then you gonna come across a guy who is loopy in the head who all he knows is fighting and will overwhelm you with his aggression.

A funny story that happend to my older bro. he was with his family driving on the freeway when this jerk came very close to running my brother and his family off the road and he kept going. my brother gets ****ed and follows the guy. they get out of the car and my bro says this guy was huge. all the while my bro's wife is making a call to the police when the dude grabs my brother around the neck trying to choke him. my bro steps back and hits the guy with everything he had and knocked him out cold.

When the police were asking my sister in law for a description of the guy she turned to look and only saw my brother standing there. she then asked my brother "where'd that guy go?" and my older brother points at the ground where the guy is knocked out cold. needless to say the cops got there and took the guy away. LOL....the imagery of her looking around for that guy not knowing he was on the floor then seeing him there without knowing what happened is kinda funny to me.

aahhh the good ol u, s of a. home of road rage!

I less well trained fighter can beat a better fighter if they are smart, and know how to take advantage of the situation. You see it in sport fighting too.

Maybe that makes him the better fighter afterall...
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia