Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Benny Meng

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Coming your way in 2015 - after Benny discovers the real Ng Mui hiding out in a small midwestern town, leaves Lin, modifies the VTM unified WCK history, publishes a book "Pink Flag: The Real Shaolin Connection", and founds a WCK full contact fight team known as the "Pink Warriors".

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    And- a great energy drink to brighten up the footwork::

As the signature drink for the UV Lemonade Vodka released in July of 2007, the UV Pink Flamingo represents the liquor beautifully. This spectacular summer ****tail is perfect for parties. If you want to go all out and theme your party with flamingos, you'll not be disappointed. Pink flamingo swizzle sticks, glassware, napkins and almost anything else you need for entertaining can be found (don't forget all those classic lawn ornaments for the full effect). There are many versions of the Pink Flamingo, so you'll be sure to find your favorite for your bash.

Beats nacho cheese!!

Coming your way in 2015 - after Benny discovers the real Ng Mui hiding out in a small midwestern town, leaves Lin, modifies the VTM unified WCK history, publishes a book "Pink Flag: The Real Shaolin Connection", and founds a WCK full contact fight team known as the "Pink Warriors".

ha, it's only a matter of time until we see: Wing Chun...as taught by Jesus.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Stop giving Benny ideas. You'll cut into the VTM's profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
    That's funny we have almost the same point to make. What are the other flags aside from red and black?
    Never intending to take the pi$$ but I do urge everyone to rethink your posts about 'Flags'

Like I have said earlier, if you are linked historically to any flags, show me your flag methods. If you can't you aint and I will see that in a few seconds!

And I have to add, 5 Element Flags/Banners do not originate with Bandits and Mountain Groups, anyone who has studied anything about Chinese Warfare will know the flag has it's origins there. There is an honour and code to being a flag bearer in the military.

Well, so I have been told...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

There are flag bearers and then there are flag BEARERS !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You've gotten the wrong inside scoop man, the team is known as the "Pink Panther Warriors" . I should know ... cause their infamous music sound track is embedded in my head.

Hey Lonetiger I am of no flag background but the USA and proud of it.

Yesterday I was reading up on some Black Flag stuff and this letter from Indonesia caught my attention.
    I'm glad you found out the truth about Kenneth Lim and what he claimed as HKB Eng Chun.

I had been interested in the topic since I heard about it from my Sifu (who follows your researches) and then I saw your video on Youtube about the topic last year. But after some limited research I did find some anomalies in the story.

One particular thing that I can say is quite a strong proof is messages that Kenneth posted in a popular online forum here: http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=1127381 which you can see in English using Google Translate here: http://translate.google.com.au/trans...6prmd%3Divnsfd

Some words are informal, misspelt or are written in Hokkien (Fujian / Fukkien) so are not translated correctly. I'm from Indonesia and understand some Hokkien, so if there's anything you'd like me to translate better please let me know.

What happened is, there were never any references about Black Flag Wing Chun (or the variants of the words in various languages) until end of 2009. If you see the messages from username 'samchian', which I believe is Kenneth Lim, on and since 31 Dec 2009 he edited and deleted a bunch of his old messages, adding references to Wing Chun and distancing himself from NCK / Ngo Cho Kune. Here is the link to all his past messages: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...tqqITDOWhx91Qw

Also if you see the first message in the thread in my first link above for example. If you scroll down a bit there's another post by username 'Shaolin_Boy', where he quoted Kenneth's original message.

Even more obvious is, he changed the thread's title. If you see the heading in his first message, it says 'Hokkien version Mpek King Yang Kung Fu' which probably should be translated better to 'Hokkien Kung Fu - Mpek King Yang's Version'. If you see further above, there's the original title: 'Hokkien Kungfu / NCK version Mpek King Yang'. So he removed 'NCK' from the title.

What I think is, if he is honest about himself and his KungFu, he wouldn't need to edit and delete messages he posted in the past. If he found some new information that conflicts with his past knowledge or beliefs, he could instead just post a new message making the correction.

I respect you for the efforts you put in your research and also for the courage to admit the misinformation you found, which you then corrected and made clear for us.

Thank you very much. I apologise for this lengthy message.

Regards,
    Robin Wijaya

Hokkien Kungfu / NCK versi Mpek King Yang - Kaskus - The Largest Indonesian Community
    www.kaskus.us

Hokkien Kungfu / NCK versi Mpek King Yang Martial A
    http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=1127381
    Why or what cause Lin to add references of Wing Chun to the Black Flag heritage in 2009? Why did he start to rewrite his posts to include that? Clearly he is not being honest. This said to me ther e is most likely no Wing Chun in his Sifu's Black Flag before that?

Quote Originally Posted by Runlikehell View Post
    Stop giving Benny ideas. You'll cut into the VTM's profits.
    When to send pink underwear along with pink flag for their brigade? Pink Underwear Praising Spring Army from Virginia.

Right here his Sifu comes out clean with truth about Lin. Black Flag has nothing to do with Wing Chun and he apologizes for the trouble lying has made for people.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGe1Y...e_gdata_player

BF guys in Indonesia apparently don't do any Wing Chun. So where did Lin learn his wc? From David peterson... Ip Man Wing Chun, how and why? Why go away from his Sifu to others? Simple cross training I can understand for personal reasons. Combining Wing Chun to Black Flag heritage makes no sense to me aside from marketing business potential with fabricated origin. Maybe that was his angle all along. What do you think?

Lin's Wing Chun apparently comes mainly from Chung Che Man, a student of Victor Leow.

runlikehell,
    that's true. look at http://vtmshaolinbull5hit.blogspot.c...t-address.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
    After so many other failed fake kung fu names, Lin made up the 5 flags wing chun story for his bogus business agenda with the VTM. Below is article from his old web site and one he used in the interview Lin and his teacher Master Tio. This article mentions Master Tio as the successor and inheritor of the super secret black flag wing chun. But Master Tio has come out and said Lin coached him how to act and give arranged answers he didnt know anything about. See 0:44 in the video. See the rest of the videos of all the other names Lin tried.

Things are going from worse to impossible. The black flag eng chun story was only invented three years ago in Virginia. Now the teacher is saying, this black flag eng chun was all made up by his student who just wants to make a fast buck.

This is a really bizarre story that blows everyone's mind. Thanks for the link, I will read it again if I have more time later.

Well, Benny Meng used to be my WC teacher.

I was his student by the time he created "shaolin wing chun" (later "3 chambers of Shaolin") - a mix of "Hong Kong Wing Chun", Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun, Chi Sim Weng Chun, Taekwondo, Krav Maga, Wrestling etc (see his "Shaolin wing chun" video series).

Benny used to sell his "shaolin wing chun" as a mandatory part of his Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun program. According to him, "Wing Chun is not a style", so anything could be taught (sold) under the "wing chun" label.

Many among Benny's students did not want to learn "shaolin wing chun" and started asking for Garrett Gee's direct instruction, and that was one of the reasons for Benny's separation from the Hung Fa Yi association.

Although "shaolin wing chun" was neither Shaolin nor Wing Chun, that was a nice martial arts program. And so must be "black flag wing chun" (which is neither exactly Indonesian Black Flag nor Wing Chun). After all, Benny's got a very creative mind, and it seems that, in terms of disvirtuating history, he and Lin deserve each other.

I see where Gene Ching comes from as to CMA's "traditional" history, story and his-story.

What he does not seem to understand (or at least to approach), though, is the ethical implications of a "Museum Curator" and "Wing Chun researcher" being known as "history fabricator" and fake "oldest Wing Chun" systems seller.
    Last edited by Marcelo-RJ; 06-25-2012 at 05:15 AM.

It's always nice to hear from direct experience, whether that be good or bad, so thank you for sharing as it does put a different perspective on things for people here.

FWIW Mr Meng doesn't seem to have a good reputation in the UK either and the whole Master Lin thing did cause a bit of strife too I heard...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術