Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discussion about WCK history-lineage

Discussion about WCK history-lineage

and interestion discussion about WC history..

the long version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL2EWZKVGPc

the short version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzXyuCJS9Ec
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Are we having fun??!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post

What are they talking about?

Perhaps a review of the latest Batman film?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post

Press the CC button at the bottom of the vid, that's what I did to get the captions to appear. Very interesting stuff.
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Everybody's gotta plan, until they get hit!" - Mike Tyson

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

Quote Originally Posted by nasmedicine View Post
    Press the CC button at the bottom of the vid, that's what I did to get the captions to appear. Very interesting stuff.
    Ah, cool thanks

------------------------------------------------
    The bot man do
    and the emerging Stephen Chan's muscle show
    and now you know.

The shadow knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    The bot man do
    and the emerging Stephen Chan's muscle show
    and now you know.

The shadow knows.
    I just had a look at the short one and bits and pieces of the longer one.

I actually have my own SC story
    He came to Australia to do some seminars way back in 1995 or so. His claim to fame was his dvd of kicks and, being fond of kicking, i went along.

It was him and his assistant and im pretty sure the guy to the right of him in the video, Coach Chong, is the same guy
    Not a lot of people, maybe 15, and we all went through SLT to highlight the different lineages there. As i was a mainland guy he took an interest in me as he had just visited Sum Nung (mainland as well obviously)

He made the comment that my style (as was SM's) was very close range, more so than his and the other HK styles.

Anyway, it soon became apparent that most of the people were fairly junior so myself and Chong basically chi-sao'd and beat each other up for an hour or so.
    Couldn't speak a word of english, very powerful and a thorough gentleman.

SC however, i was not so warm on. Quick to criticise all other lineages, would not roll with anyone and radiated an air of superiority.

Obviously i was there to look at some of his kicks, which he evaded doing, and after i asked him for about the 4th time his response was "buy my video's" which ofcourse he had ready to be purchased.

And one last thing that i still laugh about, it was at a Golds Gym and the entire wall behind us was floor to ceiling mirrors. Ive never seen anyone check themselves out more, vanity is certainly one of his strengths

To be honest, he's a knob and those two video's are completely self-serving

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Are we having fun??!!!!
    Oh yeah tons!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

I just had a look at the short one and bits and pieces of the longer one.

I actually have my own SC story
    He came to Australia to do some seminars way back in 1995 or so. His claim to fame was his dvd of kicks and, being fond of kicking, i went along.

It was him and his assistant and im pretty sure the guy to the right of him in the video, Coach Chong, is the same guy
    Not a lot of people, maybe 15, and we all went through SLT to highlight the different lineages there. As i was a mainland guy he took an interest in me as he had just visited Sum Nung (mainland as well obviously)

He made the comment that my style (as was SM's) was very close range, more so than his and the other HK styles.

Anyway, it soon became apparent that most of the people were fairly junior so myself and Chong basically chi-sao'd and beat each other up for an hour or so.

Couldn't speak a word of english, very powerful and a thorough gentleman.

SC however, i was not so warm on. Quick to criticise all other lineages, would not roll with anyone and radiated an air of superiority.

Obviously i was there to look at some of his kicks, which he evaded doing, and after i asked him for about the 4th time his response was "buy my video's" which ofcourse he had ready to be purchased.

And one last thing that i still laugh about, it was at a Golds Gym and the entire wall behind us was floor to ceiling mirrors. Ive never seen anyone check themselves out more, vanity is certainly one of his strengths

To be honest, he's a knob and those two video's are completely self-serving

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You got it.

Don't buy my videos please- ain't got none.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You got it.

Don't buy my videos please- ain't got none.
    I just remembered more (age is getting to me)

He had an Australian representative, cant recall his name, i guess about 30 and a massive guy, at the seminar as well.

After they sort of worked out who was at the seminar, it quickly turned into a recruitment exercise, with SC saying we could learn of his guy in Oz who learnt of SC every 6 months in HK.... what an offer!

Anyway, SC got his guy to roll with me and he was very aggressive, had a few shots at me, missed, so i belted him a few times.
    This didnt impress SC as i think he thought his guy would walk all over me

Being the gent i am i dropped my hands, as we had stopped, and the guy cracked me. It was going to get ugly so SC sent his guy to "assist" someone else.
    Cheap shot (everyone leaving the seminar commented) and needless to say the SC Australian academy never took of

Ahhh, memories...........

I just remembered more (age is getting to me)

He had an Australian representative, cant recall his name, i guess about 30 and a massive guy, at the seminar as well.

After they sort of worked out who was at the seminar, it quickly turned into a recruitment exercise, with SC saying we could learn of his guy in Oz who learnt of SC every 6 months in HK.... what an offer!

Anyway, SC got his guy to roll with me and he was very aggressive, had a few shots at me, missed, so i belted him a few times.
    This didnt impress SC as i think he thought his guy would walk all over me

Being the gent i am i dropped my hands, as we had stopped, and the guy cracked me. It was going to get ugly so SC sent his guy to "assist" someone else.
    Cheap shot (everyone leaving the seminar commented) and needless to say the SC Australian academy never took of

Ahhh, memories...........
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you seen his big WC book with well oiled muscles?

He is openly recruiting in the video--- "my sifu is old but you can contact me!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you seen his big WC book with well oiled muscles?

He is openly recruiting in the video--- "my sifu is old but you can contact me!!"
    Yep, seen that one
    Hey, all good if he's into weight training, but i think that book was more a photo album for his own showboating

Yep, seen that one
    Hey, all good if he's into weight training, but i think that book was more a photo album for his own showboating
    ------------------------------------------
    Nothing negative about his weight training.

He just criticizes every one--- and he says in the video that his punch is stronger than that of his sifu's.
    My my-- ego and the money can!

Me thinks that wing chun numbers shouid shrink rather than expand.

------------------------------------------
    Nothing negative about his weight training.

He just criticizes every one--- and he says in the video that his punch is stronger than that of his sifu's.
    My my-- ego and the money can!

Me thinks that wing chun numbers shouid shrink rather than expand.
    Well 30 years and 30kgs (maybe 40) should make him punch harder.

Funny thing was, Chong was a really good guy and i always wondered what he saw in Chan

Watched long version CC....marketing. we used to laugh watching SC struggle while holding the bcd in his video. Typical BS.