Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Benny Meng

There's something weird about Benny... down here in Rio, he not only taught and sold "shaolin wing chun" as a mandatory part of his Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun program for years, but also sold a VTM certification + national "exclusive" representation for a group of three ex-Moy Yat instructors and later sold a certification + "regional" representation to another group from other state (the ones who are now into the black flag thing), thus passing over his appointed national representatives.

That's why Benny lost all his Wing Chun students and representatives in Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelo-RJ View Post

I see where Gene Ching comes from as to CMA's "traditional" history, story and his-story.

True history of WCK has no value because it doesn't make one money , Doesn't give one proprietory exclusive authority, and doesn't satisfied the dreamer followers fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeung View Post
    Wow that is a gold mine of information about Lin's background on that vtmshaolinbull5hit blog. Someone certainly took the time to connect all that together. Everything about it is a lie. Lin is like bad guy Han from Enter the Dragon. Corrupt.

Marcelo you have direct experience in this matter. So Benny did the same thing in creating a new chop suey MMA before Lin came around and like Lin did too? 18 Lohan + Vikoga + HFY + etc.... = Black Flag and Krav Maga + HK Wing Chun + HFY Wing Chun + Chi Sim + wrestling + etc... = 3 Chanber Shaolin? They are two of a kind. Do you think Benny help created Black Flag background and style? How long was Sergio a part until he found the truth?

Kenneth Lin's Sihing Tjie Siong Liong said: “As far as I know that there a lot of lie make by Lin Xiang Fuk. One of those lie is there is no siu nim tau or chum kiu or biu ji in the late GM Kwee King Yangs Teachings. He just mix my sifu's system with Wing Chun system.” Benny, HKB is not Wing Chun, 18 Lohan is not Wing Chun.
    Things aren't coming together as expected.

This is Lin’s false writing, on Wing Chun Grandmaster Yip Man, and Red Flag Wing Chun:

“Somehow, the Engchun system through this ‘Red Flag’ group had arrived in Guang Dong province. Long after that, one of the native people of FoShan, known as Yip Man (Who moved to Hong Kong afterwards) learned Eng Chun while he grew up in Foshan city - Guan Dong.” – Lin’s BS article in wingchunpedia

Reference: http://www.wingchunpedia.org/pmwiki/...engChunHistory

Lin’s play of words and propaganda has spread around the world, with the help of the evil VTM Benny Meng. In my research on VTM Benny, he had his own agenda, using Shaolin to make money.
    Is Ip Man Wing Chun = Red Flag Wing Chun?
    Last edited by kentchang; 06-25-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
    Wow that is a gold mine of information about Lin's background on that vtmshaolinbull5hit blog. Someone certainly took the time to connect all that together. Everything about it is a lie. Lin is like bad guy Han from Enter the Dragon. Corrupt.

Marcelo you have direct experience in this matter. So Benny did the same thing in creating a new chop suey MMA before Lin came around and like Lin did too? 18 Lohan + Vikoga + HFY + etc.... = Black Flag and Krav Maga + HK Wing Chun + HFY Wing Chun + Chi Sim + wrestling + etc... = 3 Chanber Shaolin? They are two of a kind. Do you think Benny help created Black Flag background and style? How long was Sergio a part until he found the truth?
    I met Kenneth Lin twice in '97 @ Kuen Way Martial Arts Supply Vancouver, Canada. He was polite and gave respects for Sigong Wong Shun Leungs recent passing. He said not one thing of any of these subjects. His VT was not very developed at this time IMHO. I wasn't sure he had learned VT but perhaps another SKF.
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 06-25-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    I met Kennith Lin twice in '97 @ Kuen Way Martial Arts Supply Vancouver, Canada. He was polite and gave respects for Sigong Wong Shun Leungs recent passing. He said not one thing of any of these subjects. His VT was not very developed at this time IMHO. I wasn't sure he had learned VT but perhaps another SKF.
    What I read on the vtmshaolinbulls5it blog is Lin met (Anthony) Chung Che Man of Vikoga Wing Chun in Indonesia in 2000.

When you met him I think he did not meet Benny yet. He must have been early 20's at time of your crossing.

Happy Tiger also, many people are polite in person. Salesman needs to be to make sales. However selling a false hood like 5 Flags is not nice. Propping his bogus Black Flag as most secret and deadly of all 5 flags (fake) while calling my beloved *Ip Man* art "Red Flag Wing Chun" is not nice not polite. Would you agree?

I think Marcelo has point on ethics. Nice people make bad choices. His sifu Master Tio issued an online apology admitting to the scheme did you see the video? And still Benny pushes the story, now dvds. Why? Fake story is like building sand castles. I hear Benny is nice guy too in person.
    Last edited by Jeff_H; 06-25-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Happy Tiger also, many people are polite in person. Salesman needs to be to make sales. However selling a false hood like 5 Flags is not nice. Propping his bogus Black Flag as most secret and deadly of all 5 flags (fake) while calling my beloved art "Red Flag Wing Chun" is not nice not polite. Would you agree?

I think Marcelo has point on ethics. Nice people make bad choices. His sifu Master Tio issued an online apology admitting to the scheme did you see the video? And still Benny pushes the story, now dvds. Why? I hear Benny is nice guy too in person.
    Yes, very true.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Do you think Benny help created Black Flag background and style?
    No doubt.
    If one knows Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun from inside and watches kungfumagazinedotcom's "black flag" video, one will easily identify the pieces of the puzzle that were put together by Benny.

I hear Benny is nice guy too in person.
    Yes, he is.

Fujian Red Flag... Yeah if Lin is 6 generation student under Ip Man line, how did he become an expert to say such a thing on behalf of whole Ip Man Clan? He's only in early 30's right? Very young guy. I don't even think Ip Mans own sons ever call or heard of their Ip Man Wing Chun as Red Flag group.

Since Lin learn from Ip Man clan (vikoga style), how did he become Black Flag should he not be Red Flag base on his flag story? That makes no sense!

I have not found anyone in Ip Man line before Lin makes statement about association to a flag. Plus no one in Black Flag group mention Wing Chun before Lin only 18 Lohan. Makes no sense again.

Curiosity has anyone thoughts about why hasn't Benny Meng done his background research on Lin as a legit kung fu man? Did he follow up on Lin's Wing Chun background tree? I would be interest to know if Benny did an interview with Chung Che Man, Victor Leow or David Peterson regarding how much experience and knowledge Lin really has in Wing Chun . Any insights?

Benny pushes the story, now dvds. Why? Fake story is like building sand castles. I hear Benny is nice guy too in person.
    For the sake of Wing Chun Kuen, somebody should stop making sand castles and show some respect to the wing chun community.

Official statement from Sifu Tio Tek Kwie about his former student Lin xiang fuk ( Kenneth Lin )
    http://www.facebook.com/notes/sifu-s...50369842309124
    Im Very dissapointed that my lessons about being a good and rightgeous person did not succeed by my student , I have to apologize to the Wing Chun community for having supported his Lie about Black Flag Wing Chun my reasons for doing so wer...e none other then to help him set his business up in the US as he convinced me that Wing Chun would be the way to go marketing wise,i did not realise the consequence of this decision.

Again my sincere apologies for making this mistake,and i hope that my ex student can do the same,by disclosing the truth and giving his apologies to the Wing Chun world. in the past i have on several occasions followed his instructions to talk about my Teachers art as Wing Chun but i want to make it very clear that my teacher told me personally that the art is called 18 Lohan Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    I met Kenneth Lin twice in '97 @ Kuen Way Martial Arts Supply Vancouver, Canada. He was polite and gave respects for Sigong Wong Shun Leungs recent passing. He said not one thing of any of these subjects. His VT was not very developed at this time IMHO. I wasn't sure he had learned VT but perhaps another SKF.
    Happy Tiger,

you are right. back in 1997 kenneth Lim Xiang Fuk was in Vancouver BC Canada. He was working at McDonalds in Coquitlam, no joke. Then he worked as a waiter at a bar called the Rage. He was still looking for a Wing Chun teacher until he found Cheung Che Man of Vikoga Wing Chun in 2000.
    His Teacher Master Tio of Black Flag, (the one Lim claim as inheritor and succesor of HKB Eng Chun at the VTM interview) did not know anything about Wing chun.
    His teacher Cheung Che Man taught him Wing Chun then the internet and videos.

"Eng Chun" in "HKB Eng Chun" refers to the location Eng Chun county of Fujian Province. Lin did a play on words. His DVD will be on 18 hands Lohan and the VTM's modified Shaolin Wing Chun devolution which he says is secret orginal wing chun.

Neat info Jeung. Vancouver is a nice place with lots to do. Anyone know How long did Lin learn from Chung Che Man? How much Vikoga did he teach Lin? Is CCM still alive or have a school these days? How different fromt Ip Man if at all?

Intersting note about "Eng Chun" referring to County not Wing Chun art. Spelled like Eng Chun to distinguish dialect most likely too.

Marcelo,

From what you described it sounds like Benny is not practicing honest business in your country. Since where you come from is not an English speaking country, could that be the reason for the conflict? His students may not know the real story about what is going on in America with Black Flag Wing Chun.

Benny Meng with Kenneth Lin have teamed up promoting Black Flag Wing Chun to the public as the oldest wing chun. Most people from the beginning had some doubt about this story. Until Lin's teacher Tio came out revealing the truth that his Black Flag Wing Chun was just a business gimmick and apologized to the Wing Chun World for lying to the public. Based on all this evidence it was amazing to see Benny Meng still pushing his Black Flag Wing Chun to the public without seeing the consequence. I think this behavior is very rare. I have never seen anything like this before in the martial art world.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelo-RJ View Post
    There's something weird about Benny... down here in Rio, he not only taught and sold "shaolin wing chun" as a mandatory part of his Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun program for years, but also sold a VTM certification + national "exclusive" representation for a group of three ex-Moy Yat instructors and later sold a certification + "regional" representation to another group from other state (the ones who are now into the black flag thing), thus passing over his appointed national representatives.

That's why Benny lost all his Wing Chun students and representatives in Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by kentchang View Post
    Marcelo,

From what you described it sounds like Benny is not practicing honest business in your country. Since where you come from is not an English speaking country, could that be the reason for the conflict? His students may not know the real story about what is going on in America with Black Flag Wing Chun.

Kent
    Kent,

There is a huge social-economical-educational abyss between the South and the North of Brazil.

In the Southern portion of this Country (where Rio is located), people are well informed about Benny's + Lin's fabrication. People here know Black Flag is a fake. There is no Black Flag at all in Rio.

As a matter of fact, there is but one Black Flag guy in Southern Brazil, a guy from Sao Paulo, who, in spite of being aware that it's a recent fabrication, decided to remain in Lin's organization for particular reasons.

Benny's representative in Brazil is a guy from the North. More than that, he's Benny's business partner, so he keeps his men, who, as a rule, have no good command of English, unaware of the facts.

Benny's decision of installing his headquarters in Northern Brazil, where less people have access to high standard education, was an intelligent administrative move.

Marcelo