Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Benny Meng

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Its easy, just dont train with him
    I agree with you.
    Does anyone have other questions?

oh I read something on facebook about what lin's sihing said, lin only learned less than 10 months under Master Tio, and a few months here and there with two other guys. Most of his stuff he learned from videos, the internet, magazines and forums. His Sihing said they have more than 10 guys are Lin's sihing in indonesia and they all can tell you lin's stories on his background are all exaggerated.
    Only 10 months in 18 Hands of Lohan? It is traceable that in 2000 in Indonesia Lin's passion in looking for wing chun asking for picture + video + anything available online, and found a Wing Chun teacher to learn WC. enter Chung Che man, BUT how much Vikoga wc did Lin learn from Chung in those 3 year? Enough to succeed his Wc Sifu? Lin has only 10 months 18 Lohan + 2.5 to 3 yrs Vikoga WC an we get the most deadly group of assassins of all the 5 flags?

He expect the world believe within 2- 3 years that Lin already become a master? Master of Lohan? Of Vikoga? Of the mysterious HKB Eng Chun County? All or none of above? This only means one thing, the back story, the art, the credibility of it all is weak lie. How does one wake up everyday and look at people without integrity?

I agree with you.
    Agreed too. But things do not add up. From what I gather, I do not understand how they sleep at night. More question yes.

Why do you suppose Lin lie about his 2003 stay in Japan to Sergio? I read Lin said "Kenneth Lim" and "Kenneth Lin" are two different persons, that he has student pretending to be him in Japan. I would be surprised if so. If you think about it, Lin just started learning wc at 2000, even after 3years Lin was just a junior in Ip Man wc clan. Why make up this story? What's there to hide about Japan? Point?

"- What hurt us most is your lies,like you never where in Japan???? Even showing your passport.
    But we have proof of you teaching Wing Chun in japan,you even met your wife there!!!" Sergio
    Then I found this during same time I find that quote:

"http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/b...n/195/id1.html
    I (Kenneth Lin) started learning VingTsun when I was 12, The first was the hokkien`s version of VingTsun which focuses more on bringing the power from foot to the tip of the fingers(BiuJi) using a teachnique called `samchien` which mean `the power of heaven, earth and human`.I practised the hokkien`s version for about 6 years from 3 different sifu in Indonesia. When I first come to Canada, I learned a diffrent version of the VingTsun which focuses more on the foot-work(moving your body weight from 1 leg to the other) while you`re trying to `make a bridge` to the opponent. The last version of the VingTsun I learned is from Victor Leow`s student(Anthony chung) when I went back to Indonesia. He`s an chinese-australian. I found that his VingTsun`s system and it`s concepts is a bit different than any other VingTsun.The system was called VIKOGA.VIKOGA is an acronym for Virtual Intelligent Kinaesthetically Oriented Geometric Activation and is defined as the internal arts program of body movement technology, which uses the unique G-Force (Gridmindmapping Force), configured and designed by Victor Leow, uniquely implemented by ICAN - Worldwide." - Lin
    Right there he is caught about learning Vikoga not a lie by 3rd party but his own word. And this about his 3 Indo Sifus:

Samchien was not the hokkien version of Ving Tsun. "3 different sifu in Indonesia" were actaully 18 Lohan teachers. According to Master Tio, no one at the 18 Lohan School has ever referred to their Samchien kung fu style as the Fukien Version of Ving Tsun. Both the Sihings and the Sifus of Kenneth Lin said that Kenneth Lin was lying.
    Maybe Lin is just confused even to this day. I learn each day about honesty inside and outside. Even the great Bruce Lee talked about martial arts means hoenstly expressing yourself. I think if one lives without honesty for too long they get physically sick.

Glenn yes simple answer not to train and no way would I. I read some comment saying blah blah about what matters is if what they sell works and that determine what is real deal. I say fine if they are honest about what it is and believe it comes down to individual to make stuff happen. Problem I see is idea is false to begin with. What that means is you can't express Wing Chun Centreline work using Butterfly Kick.
    Maybe for people these days martial arts not about integrity and all about technique and money. I don't believe that because human spirit need certain things to thrive. Bruce Lee's teaching on martial arts and honesty true 50 years ago still true today and before him also. In gung fu especially body mind spirit bonding is emphasize. Take out honesty from foundation and ones personal foundation becomes weak. Propogate that on commercial level how many people get affected trading money and time believing in falsehood? I say point is not about one decideing to train or not with Lin and Meng but community awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    None what so ever. At least not formally. Certainly not anything remotely like what I see now from him. I felt he was more a 'fan' of VT after touching hands. I have also read that he met his first VT sifu in the early 90's. I can't imagine who that would be,but I can ask around my circles. How does anybody become a grand master of anything after a scant 10 years?
    Kenneth Lin was only an 22 years old young man in 1999. "a 'fan' of VT" in Canada...with less ten months of training under the 18 lohan teacher, Tio...and a grand master of (__________) after a scant 10 years? Just don't know if people can be excited about this brand new history of wing chun from the VTM.

"From Lin’s original writings of documentation, and correspondence, you will see he mentions the following…
    *In 2003: Japan – fast talking bartender
    *In 2002: Indonesia – Dive bar manager of cheapest liquor around
    *In 2000: Surabaya Indonesia – Looking for a Wing Chun teacher. Lin meets Anthony Chung Che Man of Vikoga Wing Chun.
    *In 1997-1999: Canada – 22 years old burger boy, waiter and busboy"

Imo, most people still don't know much about where and when and how did this black flag wing chun story begin???...but something happened between 2009 and 2010?...and what happened to the history of Yim Wing Chun and the real legacy of Ip Man?

What happened is, there were never any references about Black Flag Wing Chun (or the variants of the words in various languages) until end of 2009. If you see the messages from username 'samchian', which I believe is Kenneth Lim, on and since 31 Dec 2009 he edited and deleted a bunch of his old messages, adding references to Wing Chun and distancing himself from NCK / Ngo Cho Kune. -Robin Wijaya
    A real resercher, Sifu Sergio...and the real legacy of the late GM Kwee King Yang in Indonesia
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

"http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/b...n/195/id1.html
    When I first come to Canada, I learned a diffrent version of the VingTsun which focuses more on the foot-work(moving your body weight from 1 leg to the other) while you`re trying to `make a bridge` to the opponent.- Lin
    What's the name of this wing chun (VingTsun) teacher in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by kentchang View Post
    I agree with you.
    ----------------------------------

not me. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz