Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mouthgards and protective gear

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    LOL another hater.
    Goodbye Sny you have trolled your way to the top of yet another KFO memebers ignore list..... this makes ummm 5 for you!
    just answer the question??? so what, i think your a b!tch so your answer to that is to ignore me???

it shouldnt be hard to address any of these criticisms....

post one pro fighter who considers you his main inspiration and are his personal mentor and coach... maybe a post fight shout out??? something... anything... come on man... sink or swim... ur call... but that whole, "i dont like you so i wont hear you" is grade two behaviour...

just man up, its all im asking...

also the whole breathing topic was brought up because people wanna know whats easier to breathe in, a single or double... ideal conditions and nose breathing aside, if you are in a tough mma match you will be breathing thru ur mouth at some point and you must take that into consideration when choosing the single or double... most like the single because you can open wide for more air without having to "un-suction" to do it... it stays on ur teath where it should be... with a double you gotta pul ur top or bottom out to open the jaw... now if you did get caught off guard, atleast the single is on ur teeth still...
    Last edited by Syn7; 11-18-2010 at 08:45 PM.

View Post Yesterday, 10:37 PM
    Remove user from ignore listSyn7
    This message is hidden because Syn7 is on your ignore list.

sorry about that gunbeat, ppl like syn7 I got no time for in my life, he hides who he is, where the live, where they train, etc etc. it always easy for the guy who has never stepped in the ring to put down the peopel that have...this board is full of wannabies and arm chair martial artists who spend more time putting people down to make up for thier own failures of course its only on the internet you can get away with talking smack to people without having to face the consequences, or getting your teeth knocked in. I have no respect for people that bash others when they dont revela personal information avout themselves. it makes it real easy to hide behind the safety of the keyboard.
    to answer your question my fignters are
    kevin cummings
    jason bauman
    kevin rosier
    nick martin
    joel sutton
    pat gorman

we are redoing our website and refocusing our target market as I have the only octagon in WNY and most of the fighters that train, train with me in my school. I also have the privledge of having Chuck Anzelone teaching BJJ who is one of the best BJJ guys in the country so with me, wrestling coach maute and Chuck we are truning out some of the best up and comming fighters in the North east. We will have HD live streming broadcasts to our own youtube channel soon. We just got in to a match in raleigh NC december 10th by paul marrinaccio of jawbreakerevents.com you can watch the fight live on yourtube.

PS yes to answer your question yes my fighters can beat up the girls you posted.
    is it easier to breath with a single mouthguard yes, he makes doubles and singles, but if your going to use the mouth to breath when you get gassed you should rely on a single.
    Last edited by EarthDragon; 11-19-2010 at 08:54 AM.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Like I said before, the double mouth guard I find to difficult to breath with so I use a single mouth guard, which is what my boxing trainer had all of us wear. Anyone who has ever fought knows the importance of breathing and when you get tired you start sucking air, through your mouth!

The things is in amateur competition you have three two minute rounds, so you don't have a whole lot of time to fu**ck around with feeling someone out, you are going to go all out and try to recover as much as possible during the one minute rest period. By the third round, there is a **** good chance you will be sucking wind, even if you are in great shape. The main reason people don't take into consideration is the adrenaline dump. Fighting competitely in a ring is not like sparring, you are in front of a large crowd, where you are everyone's focus. You have pretty much already fought three rounds before you step in the ring due to nerves and adrenaline, and also possible tiredness and fatigue from cutting weight if you had to.

Experience is the only thing that helps with this but even the most experienced fighters still get the jitters and a bit of adrenaline dump, but like I said, when you need air, you need air. You will suck wind however you have to. You will see guys spit our their mouthpiece to try and get more air. It just happens, but hard training and experience will improve this.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Attachment 5923

3 of my guys. they all fight with single mounthgaurds and train to nose breath, though sometimes as many adn I have saidi you gotta suck wind when you gas. But train as much and as long as you as you can properly.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    [B]

to answer your question my fignters are
    kevin cummings
    jason bauman
    kevin rosier
    nick martin
    joel sutton
    pat gorman
    Well I'm no hater, b/c I also train once in a while at a Wu Shu school to pick up different techniques to use against MT fighters.

I just disagree with your comments about not exhaling through the mouth. Again, this seems to be more about using a single mouth guard which forces you to breath through the nose...until you get winded, then the mouth gradually opens....to the point of being wide open, then your teeth are now unprotected. I would certainly take up your tip on getting that custom mouthpiece from your colleague b/c it's a great deal, but I'm just used to the double already.

And the YouTube videos of Manny Pac and Lucia Rijker, was to show you that they are the top champions of their sport who exhale through the mouth, contradicting what you said about only breathing through the nose (until it breaks or you get winded). They exhale through the mouth immediately in round one. And I doubt that any of your guys can beat Manny in boxing...there's tens of millions of dollars waiting for them if they could. And Lucia Rijker is retired, a woman and in her mid 40's.
    Last edited by gunbeatskroty; 11-19-2010 at 10:00 AM.

gun
    Well I'm no hater, b/c I also train once in a while at a Wu Shu school to pick up different techniques to use against MT fighters.
    the hater comment was not meant for you, it was meant for syn7 who never fought in his life, hates on others who have, posts stupid comments like my fighter who won his bouts in UFC 6 & 7 cant win now BS. what UFC have yo been in SNY? trolls like this put others down to make up for his own failures, its these guys hater stands who think they can play the game better than the actual players.

I just disagree with your comments about not exhaling through the mouth.
    its OK to disagree gun, everyone trains differently. You might not water train but i make my guys do this as well.
    I would certainly take up your tip on getting that custom mouthpiece from your colleague b/c it's a great deal, but I'm just used to the double already.
    you can call the www.pro-esthics Contact him
    Tel: 716-626-1258
    Fax: 716-626-1259
    1-877-DDS-6100

and ask for Joe and tell him you want a double one made and I am sure he will do it for you, they are the same as www.fightdentist.com but a hell of lot more afforable, give him a call.

And the YouTube videos of Manny Pac and Lucia Rijker, was to show you that they are the top champions of their sport who exhale through the mouth, contradicting what you said about only breathing through the nose (until it breaks or you get winded).
    I can post hundres of video that show nose breathing this means nothing, again its hwo you train qand who trains you. Tjhere are thousands of crappy fighters out there and there a thousdans of good ones doesnt matter, the only thing that matters is what works for you.

as far as my pro fighters fighting a girl, really man are we going to discuss this? LOL you cant be serious, I will take this as a joke. be well
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Win a POWER BALANCE MOUTH GUARD

Enter to win a POWER BALANCE MOUTH GUARD! Contest ends 6:00 p.m. PST on 02/23/2012. Good luck everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Our winners are announced

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart