Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Veterans Day

The most disadvantageous peace is better than the most just war. ~Desiderius Erasmus.

spoken like a true Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    A Canadian who obviously never heard of Neville Chamberlain.

au contraire, I am quite familiar with Chamberlain.

Do you think he was responsible for the rise of naziism because he took a diplomatic approach?

being a favourer of peace doesn't mean lacking in knowledge of why there is war.

To jump to war as the solution is teh net result of small mindedness and not correct mindedness.

which do you favour?

P.S Solo, don't be an ass hat, it's our forces that have held down the play strongly in Afghanistan for the most part so, take your statements and shove them up your ass.

thank you.

spoken like a true american...

not an original thought in sight

"It is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail." - Abraham Maslow
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Spoken like a true Canadian.

"Thank you for saying to our friends in the United States of America, you are our ally, our neighbour, and our best friend in the whole wide world. And when your brave men and women give their lives for freedom and democracy we are not neutral. We do not stand on the sidelines; we're for the disarmament of Saddam and the liberation of the people of Iraq."

- Stephen Harper, Friends of America Rally, April 4, 2003.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

To all the people past and present, who like failed the IQ test (Do you solemnly swear...?) .. better luck passing it the next opportunity
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    To all the people past and present, who like failed the IQ test (Do you solemnly swear...?) .. better luck passing it the next opportunity
    What are you talking about?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Spoken like a true Canadian.

"Thank you for saying to our friends in the United States of America, you are our ally, our neighbour, and our best friend in the whole wide world. And when your brave men and women give their lives for freedom and democracy we are not neutral. We do not stand on the sidelines; we're for the disarmament of Saddam and the liberation of the people of Iraq."

- Stephen Harper, Friends of America Rally, April 4, 2003.

harper is a retard.... well actually he's very smart, he's mensa alum... but what i mean is he's a douchebag waste of space neo con...

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    What are you talking about?
    sounds like he's insinuating that soldiers arent smart enough for anything else???

well, those who know better, well, know better...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    sounds like he's insinuating that soldiers arent smart enough for anything else???

well, those who know better, well, know better...
    You ain't so good at that there new-fangled readin' are yu?

It works like this.. if someone says
    "Do you swear to honor your father and f*ck your mother?" then you can reasonably say that anyone who says "YES" is not being especially smart.

If someone offers you a two part oath where the parts contradict one another.. then a smart person (one who is "passing the IQ test") will say "No thanks" and move on.

I'm ashamed to admit I failed this test on the first try (I said yes).. but I passed it on my second attempt (no thanks!). I wish all persons who take the test a passing grade on their first attempt, or better luck on their subsequent attempts.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

We are re-known for being peackeepers and some of the best snipers in the world.
    Canadians are brave and honourable in our military heritage.
    I am a Canadian by CHOICE and I did my part BY CHOICE.
    Some of us believe in a higher ideal for the military.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Do you think he was responsible for the rise of naziism because he took a diplomatic approach?
    He was not responsible for the rise of Naziism, however, he was responsible for the spread of Naziism. He sold out his allies to a mass murdering dictator in order to achieve "peace for our time" and failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    You ain't so good at that there new-fangled readin' are yu?

It works like this.. if someone says
    "Do you swear to honor your father and f*ck your mother?" then you can reasonably say that anyone who says "YES" is not being especially smart.

If someone offers you a two part oath where the parts contradict one another.. then a smart person (one who is "passing the IQ test") will say "No thanks" and move on.

I'm ashamed to admit I failed this test on the first try (I said yes).. but I passed it on my second attempt (no thanks!). I wish all persons who take the test a passing grade on their first attempt, or better luck on their subsequent attempts.
    Why don't you just say what you have to say? Reading requires that the writer clearly and concisely state their point, not beat around the bush with metaphors.

You did fail a test, alright. That much is true.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown