Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Chen Taiji Question

  1. #1

    Chen Taiji Question

    What is the Chen Taiji Small Circle form? I see that Mike Patterson teaches this form under the name Chen Syau Jyar. I've done the research on the internet and can't find anything on Chen Small Circle or Syau Jyar. Any information would be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Perhaps you mean Small frame instead of small circle ?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

  3. #3
    It may be small frame, but his website and DVDs call it small circle. I'm thinking it may be the style from Chen You Ben.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    s_r has it right: frame is a better known Taiji term in the West, but is synonymous with circles.

    The romanization is peculiar however. I think the romanization has been selected so that it is "easier" for a Western audience to pronounce. The pinyin should be:

    Small frame: xiao jia
    Large frame: da jia

    Old frame: lao jia
    New frame: xin jia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts