Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Boehner to fly commercial as Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Taryn P. View Post
    If someone's going to gawk at my nudie pictures or fondle my body, I'd prefer to be the one who decides who gets to do that, not some random stranger.

For me personally, it's more the principle than anything else that bothers me. Air passengers are guilty till proven innocent, which concept I am against. I don't appreciate being treated like a terrorist for no cause.
    Thank you. That makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryn P. View Post
    And the "security theater" has just gone too far in terms of invasiveness. It drives me nuts how many people passively accept these intrusions because they are being brainwashed into thinking it's "keeping us safe", but in practical terms these measures are not very effective (certainly not effective enough to warrent all the money, time, hassle and invasiveness). It's just to make the powers that be look good, to look like they're doing something to protect people.
    Again true, and sadly it's because if the TSA did what needs to be done, it would be politically incorrect. You see old ladies getting felt up, MOH winner Joe Foss was not allowed to fly with his MOH to a West Point event, and he was in his 70s at the time. So knowing this, when's the last time an old lady hijacked a plane? When is the last time an old, retired military hero hijacked a plane? Yet they pick these people for extra screening alot. Face facts, you have certain demographics that have NEVER hijacked a plane, and you have certain demographics that fit most of the hijackers. Use those FACTS to better stop hijackings. But they won't because only checking those who fit the profile (yes, I used that word) and not checking those who never fit the profile would be offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    Thank you. That makes perfect sense.

Again true, and sadly it's because if the TSA did what needs to be done, it would be politically incorrect. You see old ladies getting felt up, MOH winner Joe Foss was not allowed to fly with his MOH to a West Point event, and he was in his 70s at the time. So knowing this, when's the last time an old lady hijacked a plane? When is the last time an old, retired military hero hijacked a plane? Yet they pick these people for extra screening alot. Face facts, you have certain demographics that have NEVER hijacked a plane, and you have certain demographics that fit most of the hijackers. Use those FACTS to better stop hijackings. But they won't because only checking those who fit the profile (yes, I used that word) and not checking those who never fit the profile would be offensive.
    That's why I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you. Gullible. You CANNOT show a pattern, no matter how stupid it looks otherwise. If I were Al Qaeda, the SECOND you started going after only middle easterners, I'd have your ass.

Think, McFly!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Could we see a picof this blue eyed blonde haired Chechnyan, for profiling purposes?
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Could we see a picof this blue eyed blonde haired Chechnyan, for profiling purposes?
    You'd never see it coming. Then again, she would be a prime candidate for a pat down.

The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

This is the face of an Islamic Extremist!

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    You'd never see it coming. Then again, she would be a prime candidate for a pat down.

There's only a couple places she could be hiding a bomb, and I'm willing to mount a search post haste.

Is she considered a flexible weapon?
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 12-13-2010 at 01:00 PM.

There's only a couple places she could be hiding a bomb, and I'm willing to mount a search post haste.

Is she considered a flexible weapon?
    Maybe a weapon of ASS destruction? GET IT? ASS DESTRUCTION? HUH? FUNNY, RIGHT? HAR HAR!
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Maybe a weapon of ASS destruction? GET IT? ASS DESTRUCTION? HUH? FUNNY, RIGHT? HAR HAR!
    I find your comments inappropriate and tasteless.

Welcome to the forum.

I find your comments inappropriate and tasteless.

Welcome to the forum.
    It's a pleasure to be here.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

That's why I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you. Gullible. You CANNOT show a pattern, no matter how stupid it looks otherwise. If I were Al Qaeda, the SECOND you started going after only middle easterners, I'd have your ass.

Think, McFly!
    I didn't say to only check people that look like the 9/11 hijackers. But lets be honest, have 60+ year old grandmothers ever been hijackers?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    This is the face of an Islamic Extremist!
    Perhaps you should show the picture of what he looked like when he was captured, not what he looked like after his lawyer got him all cleaned up.

Of course he fit perfectly in one aspect that ALL recent hijackers of US planes have, Islam was his chosen religion.

I didn't say to only check people that look like the 9/11 hijackers. But lets be honest, have 60+ year old grandmothers ever been hijackers?
    Let's be honest, if you were a terrorist, and you KNEW that we began letting these people through, wouldn't you change your TTP to take advantage of that?

Think this one through.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Let's be honest, if you were a terrorist, and you KNEW that we began letting these people through, wouldn't you change your TTP to take advantage of that?

Think this one through.
    Of course you make sense. But they haven't been able to recruit any grandmothers yet. Or any retired military men. Or any MOH winners. Or any middle aged women. And I'll be honest, I doubt they will, no matter how hard they try.

Would you, as a law abiding, taxpaying, member of the military want your wife felt up at an airport? Better yet, would you want your mother or grandmother felt up at an airport?

Of course you make sense. But they haven't been able to recruit any grandmothers yet. Or any retired military men. Or any MOH winners. Or any middle aged women. And I'll be honest, I doubt they will, no matter how hard they try.

Would you, as a law abiding, taxpaying, member of the military want your wife felt up at an airport? Better yet, would you want your mother or grandmother felt up at an airport?
    I would opt not to fly. Trains are actually a very nice way to travel.

I get searched too, military ID and all. It's ok, because I accept that if I want to use a particular service, I have to agree to play by their rules.

They have recruited grandmothers, children, and women. I don't know why you think they haven't.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Muslim to profile?

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.