View Poll Results: Who will be NINJASTAR 2010?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Defending NINJASTAR 2009 Ninjenna

12 36.36%
  • Giants Ninja

2 6.06%
  • Zombie Ninja

8 24.24%
  • Ninja Bride

5 15.15%
  • Gothic Ninja

4 12.12%
  • Ninja Kaze

7 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote for NINJASTAR 2010

Voted for 2009 Ninjenna. *She looks like she could seriously watch your back.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Voted for 2009 Ninjenna. *She looks like she could seriously watch your back.
    are you sure its not a case of you wanting to watch her back???

Zombie Ninja Needs Your Help :p

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

zombie ninja is only one who looks like a ninja. :x
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Looks like a ninja?

"The real origin of the ninja suit remains shrouded in mystery. Ninjas disguised themselves by dressing as normal people. They dressed as monks, farmers, geisha, even as samurai. There are some 19th century Ukiyo paintings that depict the stereotypic black clad ninja with strap-trussed joints and hood. However some researchers have postulated that today's ninja fashion was originally derived from Japanese puppet shows. Bunraku is a form of traditional Japanese puppetry that uses ornate wooden puppets that are nearly a yard tall. These are manipulated by puppet masters that are clad in black uniforms akin to ninja suits." Kung Fu vs. Ninjas by me.

Wednesday (from the Addams Family) "I'm a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    "The real origin of the ninja suit remains shrouded in mystery. Ninjas disguised themselves by dressing as normal people. They dressed as monks, farmers, geisha, even as samurai. There are some 19th century Ukiyo paintings that depict the stereotypic black clad ninja with strap-trussed joints and hood. However some researchers have postulated that today's ninja fashion was originally derived from Japanese puppet shows. Bunraku is a form of traditional Japanese puppetry that uses ornate wooden puppets that are nearly a yard tall. These are manipulated by puppet masters that are clad in black uniforms akin to ninja suits." Kung Fu vs. Ninjas by me.

Wednesday (from the Addams Family) "I'm a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else."
    Indeed. In fact, the whole dressed in black and masked thing is mostly after the fall of the samurai and also thoroughly doused with heaping helpings of not so true adventures. Of course, it has been Americanized and further romanticized to death and the ludicrous.

By my understanding, "ninja" were regular cutthroats and in some cases, very ordinary people who simply had access to targets. I've read stories for instance that tell of long term revenge tales.

For instance, one was about a young man whose family was killed when he was a very young boy. He knew who was responsible and over the years grew up and became a catamite of sorts in order to get access to the warrior who killed his family. After letting the warlord have his way with him, he attempted to do the deed of murder with a blade and failed and was terminally wounded. But as he was dying, he informed the warlord of the long and painful death he was doomed to endure because the boy had purposely infected himself with a venereal disease that would have killed him eventually anyway.

By hook or by crook! lol

In short, ninja were a convenience for the samurai caste because they were sworn to uphold a very stringent code of honour and behaviour and could not do underhanded or secret killings. So, when they needed to, they hired ninja to do dirty work for them so that they could maintain their code.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

its all about the distressed roadside woman in a tattered kimono and beshraggled hair who is actually a kunoichi with a poison tipped hair pin. 'oh please help me I have been robbed' then BAM!! you're a dead Samurai.

women can be among the most deadly and suprising assassins simply due to the nature of woman.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

oh but you should all still vote for me

Have either of you read Gai-jin?

the female mistress/assassin in that book is a very good example of how women were very effective for infiltration, information gathering, manipulation, and specialized assassination.
    Last edited by Lucas; 11-18-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Ninjastar closes on Wednesday!

Ninja Kaze & Zombie Ninja in a dead heat.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

NINJASTAR closes tomorrow!

Have you voted? I'm guessing no. Vote now!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Good call.

Vote ZOMBIE OR DIE!

Question NinjaStar 2010

Vote for NinJenna. It says I cannot vote on multiple choice.

Vote for Kaze!!

Vote for Ninja Kaze while you still can!!!Or she may have to put those rusty shuriken to use