Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Capoiera Vs Kung fu

Rei Guest

well...

capoeira CAN be deadly if practiced for the purpous of fighting. Ive seen it plied in fights and woa :D pretty cool stuff.

Ok, have u ever fought an american kickboxer? Its the same thing. The dance sets a rythm they can off beat when they want to get an extra hit in. the difference is that capoeira is much more lower and longer then american kickboxing. if they go for hand stands... GOOD hehe grab the foot break the ankle... go for joints ;) since they cartwheel a lot its different from tae kwon do where they stand up. Againts tkd you hit the legs, them, its the arms. then hell hace to stand so all the targets are open... have fun ;)

good luck if you take the challenge lose or win its a learning experience thast all that matters!

Peace!

*To conquer others, you must first conquer yourself*

Rei Guest

OH by the way..

what style of Kungfu do you practice? that could help more if the people knew ;)<

Peace!

ope Guest
    If you check his profile he practices Nature fist or some call it natural style i think the chinese name is TZU JAN MEN...

Tvebak Guest

Handstands and cartwheels.

What many people get confused with, is the use of acrobatics in capoeira.
    Where the traditional acrobatics allways are related to fighting technique, not that the acrobatics themselves allways have uses in a fight
    but they often teach you some way of moving the body that will support your fighting technique.
    The most common example i think is the Sintura Despresada by mestre Bimba, a series of acrobatic throws that teaches you to fall well.
    In the game of capoeira as it is played today, many people change the movements without really understanding them, just to make it look good.
    One other thing people seem to miss is the fact that there is a great number of different "games" in capoeira, and allmost unlimited variations within the games.
    Some off these games are not used so much anymore, for instance santa maria (knifegame) is seldomly seen, especially not outside bahia.
    In one game i might do a open cartwheel but that does not mean i will do it in another kin of game, or in a fight.
    On capoeira teacher explained his acrobatics with "having hands in case i run out of feet"
    This is one aspect of the truth, and in a fight this may be the most common use of acrobatics.

Tzustone Guest

Nature Fist

Nature fist or Tzu Jan Men called natural boxing is the style which i practice.

I presently do the "rolling stone" forms.

For more info check out www.alhikmahkungfu.com
    or www.dokungfu.com

Wah Ren Jie Guest

Tvebak

If you, or anyone else with Cap.. experience saw Only the Strong with Mark Dacascos, how close to the genuine article was what they were doing in that movie? Thanks.

Got Chi?

Rei Guest

humm

well in my young age i still got LOTS to learn bout just how many styles there are i never even heard of that style before :D oh well!

Peace!

rogue Guest
    It's interesting how many people consider Capoiera an effective fighting art, but not Olympic TKD or Modern Wushu .

Rei Guest

who said anything bout wushu?

woa there friend,

if i chose between wushu and capoeira its WUSHU! oh... might be the fact that i am doing it :D

anyways.. they all have ups and downs it all depends on what u like

Peace!

Tvebak Guest

Only the strong.

Hmmm...i havent seen it in a while, i think its ok, none of the players in the film seems like anyone especially good.
    As far as giving a good picture of capo in a fight, i think its lacking a lot.
    But as i said its been a while, i think i will watch it and post again.