Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

This is so incorrect on so many levels.

THREAD
    Your all fake all of you!!
    Michael Jai White
    Black Dynamite
    I agree, Gene.

A LOT of his info is dead wrong. Also his timelines. He is unaware that martial arts/Wuxia films date back at least as far as the 1920s. And Shaolin monks weren’t the “superheroes” of those. He actually doesn’t seem to know **** about the Chinese martial arts/Wuxia movie genre.

I do agree with him in that Jet Li isn’t a fighter, which Jet Li has admitted. But him saying that Jet Li was “classically trained” and “knew all the styles” is bull****. Jet Li was trained in standardized Wushu, not TCMA. I’m not saying one is better than the other, but they are different, and one is not the other. Jet Li learned standardized forms BASED ON various traditional styles.

MJW has probably never seen a Jackie Chan movie made prior to Rush Hour, because there are plenty of films with JC fighting with dead-on serious expressions. And I rate the peak era Sammo Hung at least as high, if not higher, than Jackie, both as a performer and as a director/action choreographer. And definitely higher than MJW.

Once again, MJW puts himself above both Bruce Lee and JC by quickly saying he could outfight either one of them. He doesn’t know that, either. MJW may be a good MAist, but he’s not a “fighter” either. At least not more than the typical lifelong MAists out there who’ve had plenty of sparring and/or fighting experience.

I started losing some respect for him some time ago, but now it’s complete.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 01-14-2020 at 12:58 PM.