Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cauliflower ear

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Cauliflower ear

I don't have it real bad, minimal enlargement but definitely hardening of a good portion of my upper to middle ear lobes.

but, it seems as if the opening to my ear canals has gotten smaller...ear phones are having a harder time fitting...especially the newer ones that have the semi-collapsible pads instead of foam.

anyone else experience this?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    what...?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Hi Oso,

Cauliflower ear was usually associated with wrestlers back in the day. Did you do anything to traumatize the area? If you have not, I very strongly suggest that you have it looked at. Either way, have it looked at. That is really something you should not wait on doing either. You could be having a reaction to something.

mickey

don't the ears and nose continue to grow throughout our lives?

i'm thinking a combination of that and the scar tissue from the cauliflower ear.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Good Brother,

Have it checked out.

For you to make mention of it in the first place shows your concern about it.

Honor your concern with appropiate action.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post

i'm thinking a combination of that and the scar tissue from the cauliflower ear.
    not just the ears and nose brother not just the ears and nose...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post

Cartilage in the nose and ears thickens as you age, iirc.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Cartilage in the nose and ears thickens as you age, iirc.
    that's what i thought. and yea, too lazy to google this weekend...or rather, I was behind on my pron quota and no time for anything else

Okay Oso,

Give us a time frame. Did it happen over a couple of weeks, a couple of months or a few years?

mickey

well, i think it started with some old Playboy's my dad had...i guess that would have been 35 or so years ago.

Rofl niiice
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

if you inspect your ears after rolling, there are methods one may employ to help reduce the effects of that sort of trauma... talk to somebody in sports medicine that has dealt with this, not just a GP, but somebody who has experience in fight medicine...

There is something wrong with this picture. Coliflower ear is due to serious abuse, and if the ears are getting that abused, so is the head. I always considered it to be simply a mental problem, because if a person puts himself into such a situation he has lost most of his ability to reason. Stop letting people punch you in the face or you will have far more to worry about than coliflower ear.

Lee Chiang Po,

If this is the case, do you really think Oso will be able to understand you?

I did think that he was not using head gear during his sparrings.

mickey

A lot of mma guys see this condition as a good thing. A trophy. I think it's gross and it makes you look dweeby.

If you don't have access to dit da jiao to massage into your ears after practice than ice is the next best thing. After you get roughed up being thrown take a few minutes to ice and massage. This is largely preventative. Massaging your ears will definitely help. For long term I would recommend finding warming dit da jows to massage into the ear. This will help break up calcifications. Get these items from a Chibese herb store. If you aren't into the Chinese stuff I would also recommend seeing what a plastic surgeon has to say. They are expensive if you dontnhave insurance but they know about surgery if that's what you need.