Thread: Ornate Chinese Staffs

Ornate Chinese Staffs

I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that sells ornately carved Chinese staffs.

I practice with rattan staffs and used to use white wax wood. I am looking to buy a friend a gift who thinks the gwan or gun is really cool.
    I just do not want to get something I would use because purely function staffs are quite plain.

It would be nice to have a dragon or tiger design on the staff.

I know that this a long shot but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Steve

I have a very nice solid oak heavy staff with double dragons carved into it.
    I bought it in a shop on Yonge street in Toronto.

I've not seen one like it online yet.
    But, they are available.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I also found an oak staff with dragons carved into it. I believe Bok lei Po on Mott St sells them.
    While we're on the subject, there's a guy in my area who has a really cool double end staff with gold carved dragons on each end...I have no idea where he got them from. Anyone?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Not that ornate

Nor is it that Chinese. But here's the carved dragon staff available at MartialArtsMart.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

depending on your time frame and budget you may want to consider a local wood carver, purchase a hardwood/ironwood staff (how dense it is will definately determine the artists price) and have it carved customly. Also you could look for movie replica or something like that.

Most anything really cool is going to be custom and often one of a kind or a replica of a one of a kind. most commercial items will be pretty basic in terms of design.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.