Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conquer Online’s new MONK class

Conquer Online’s new MONK class

This is worthy of posting, especially as they are one of our newest sponsors. Click our topmost banner over the next two weeks, or their badge ad on our website while their promotion lasts.
    Conquer Online Monk Class Details Revealed
    Tuesday, 16 November 2010 12:00 Man Pac PC - PC News

After several months of waiting, Conquer Online’s new class, the Monk, is finally ready for its international debut. The highly anticipated Kung-fu Monk is scheduled to be fully unveiled this Christmas season, but a few details have already been revealed.

Stemming from the legends of ancient China, the concept of the Kung-fu Monk was first inspired by the legendary Shaolin Monastery, which has always been considered a sacred Electronic Theatre Imageand powerful order in the oriental world. The high priests of the Shaolin temple researched and devised many unique and powerful martial arts styles, which include boxing, pole arts, spear arts, sword arts, and so on. These “fathers of Kung-fu” were trained in the various styles of martial arts, and deemed as protectors of holiness and the ways of Shaolin.

Now the legend continues in the world of Conquer Online. Striving to be kind and selfless, the Monk order has been engaging in devotional meditation for thousands of years. They always try to maintain separation from the outside world, in order to keep their focus on achieving enlightenment and higher states of being. But now, evil has declared war against the world, and the wave of darkness has reached their very doorstep. It is the time they return to the world they once knew, but left behind so long ago...

Compared with other melee classes, the Monk class in Conquer Online is a great combination of strong close–hand combat and magical support. They are the masters of “Chi”, and different than any other class in the fact that they fight almost barehanded! Clothed in the traditional frock and monk’s cap, prayer beads areElectronic Theatre Image their only physical weapon. The abilities that a monk possesses are similar to magic, in the way that they cost a set amount of energy, or “Chi”, to use. The Monk’s skills include strikes that cause elemental damage, blessings to cure an ally’s afflictions, and the ability to prevent others from raising fallen soldiers!

The Monk fulfils a different role in a party than the other professions, generally being based around healing and enhancing your party’s abilities in combat, as well as removing detrimental conditions and hexes. They can assist you in battle by giving you various extra attributes, while still being able to tough it out on the front lines.

A skilled Monk will be a strong back-line supporter who would greatly enhance your teamwork. Their magical abilities could even stand up to the powerful Ninja, while not overpowering the other classes. More details on the Monk are expected in the coming weeks, and Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all the latest details on Conquer Online.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Has anyone played this game? Looks interesting...
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    First let me congratulate Gene on the new sponsorship; I think that'll be a win-win (and am pretty impressed that they're finally targetting part of their audience this way).

I have not played it yet, but being a MMO/MMORPG fan, I'm in the midst of downloading the game now :P
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

Okay, I've downloaded, installed, played & got to 5th level.
    And unfortunately, I am going to be un-installing and deleting. It's quite a detailed and immersive game, however...it's a bit too cartoony to me.
    For example, I am a big SRO (Silk road Online) fan & play that whenever I get the chance (barring times when certain bots rule the roost & I have to wait for mods to catch up); this game's graphics, HUD, UI (whatever u want to call it) I enjoy more than I do the Conquer Online game.

So yes, they have this new cool Shaolin monk class, which is not available yet to play (they say the Christmas season it will be open, which I don't know what that means date-wise) and it looks cool, but the immersion isn't there for me.

My suggestion? Try it. And see if you dig it. If not, try something else. But you can't judge your enjoyment based on mine.
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

Thanks for your input, Northwind

I'm not a gamer at all. Gaming and martial arts have circled around each other for years. Some mags dabbled in doing game reviews, but that hasn't been too successful as there are gamer mags and if you want a review, that's a better place.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I hope you support Conquer Online as they've now a major advertiser

I'm working on a deal for a special Conquer Online insert for our next issue, the March April 2011 - it'll be for subscribers only so subscribe now!
    Conquer Online is ready for kung-fu fighting
    by Eliot Lefebvre on Dec 13th 2010 9:00PM

It's been a very long time since we looked into Conquer Online, but the game is approaching its next major update, dubbed "Returning Light." This update features the addition of a new playable class, the Monk, which makes up the sixth entry into the game's mix of classes. While these ascetic disciples of elemental harmony have long remained isolated from the rest of the world, the events of the upcoming patch will force Monks into combat once again, much to the benefit of players.

Monks are capable of bestowing a number of beneficial effects upon party members, healing and supporting others through their elemental skills. But the class is also capable of moving into the fray via powerful martial arts, allowing players to split their time between the class functions or pick one as a specialty. The official preview for the Monk is already available, so Conquer Online players should look forward to the currently scheduled release of December 16th for the patch.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More on Conquer online

It looks like my aforementioned deal is going through. We'll be including a special insert for this in our next issue, just for subscribers.
    NetDragon Releases New EP 'The Returning Light' for 'Conquer Online'

HONG KONG, Dec. 16, 2010 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- NetDragon Websoft Inc., a leading online game developer and operator in China ("NetDragon"; Stock Code: 777), released the English version for its 7th expansion pack ("EP") "The Returning Light" for its large-scale online game "Conquer Online" on December 16th 2010, while the corresponding Chinese version was released in November.

The new class "Martial Monk," promoted by the 7th EP, strengthens the Chinese martial arts element of the game style, enabling gamers to better engage in the fierce PK and enjoy friendly manipulation. Also, the total 6 classes provide players with more options. In addition, "The Returning Light" has greatly improved "Steed System" enjoyed by gamers in the 5th EP "Raiding Clans". Other new updates such as the abundant sub classes, powerful Boss from ancient times have refreshed the game content. NetDragon believes that the new EP will once again generate enthusiasm among current gamers and will attract more new ones who are keen on the Chinese martial arts fantasy genre.

Based on the mythological world of eastern martial arts, "Conquer Online," one of NetDragon's flagship products, has been released in several foreign versions including English, French, Spanish and Arabic, with a Portuguese version having entered open beta testing in Brazil in November 2010.

About NetDragon

NetDragon Websoft Inc. is a leading innovator and creative force in China's online gaming and mobile internet industries. Established in 1999, we are a vertically integrated developer & operator of MMORPGs and a cutting-edge R&D powerhouse. We launched our first self-made online game Monster & Me in 2002, followed by multiple titles including Eudemons Online, Conquer Online, Heroes of Might & Magic Online and Disney Fantasy Online. We are also China's pioneer in overseas expansion, directly operating titles in overseas markets since 2004 in English, Spanish, Arabic and other languages. Our online games currently in development include Dungeon Keeper Online, TRANSFORMERS Online, Cross Gate, and a new version of Ultima Online. In the mobile internet industry, our 91 PC Suite is one of China's leading marketplaces for smartphone users, offering applications and content for the most popular mobile operating systems globally.

SOURCE NetDragon Websoft Inc.

RELATED LINKS
    http://www.netdragon.com/
    I'm moving this from the Shaolin forum to the Media forum as I think it will get more exposure there.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Just when I move this here from the Shaolin forum...

Figures, don't it?

Play Conquer Online, Learn Shaolin Kung fu in Real Life!
    Date: 12-28-2010 Views: 113

TQ Digital has announced the official launch of the new expansion, Returning Light to their world renowned Kung fu MMORPG, Conquer Online. In this epic expansion, a thrilling new class, the Monk, has been unveiled!

Conquer Online

An asset on the front-line of battle and a powerful force at the back, players will quickly realize that the key to unlocking the Monk's true potential comes in understanding the balance of its incredible abilities. Boasting a powerful combination of strong close–hand combat and magical support, the Monk class in Conquer Online will become an intrinsic element of any successful battle strategy.

In celebration of the epic launch of the new expansion and the arrival of the Monk, the TQ team has prepared a great gift for all of the CO fans! They will be holding a special event where players can Learn Shaolin Kung fu in Real Life!

Conquer Online

Are you curious about what real Shaolin Kungfu is like? Are you a fan of the martial arts? If you answered yes, this will be great news for you! Conquer Online has partnered up with an authentic Shaolin Kung Fu School in the United States, and is set to offer some exclusive free Kung Fu lessons for CO players! You have the chance to realize your Kung fu dream! And the best thing is, it's totally free!

All you need to do is sign up for Conquer Online, level up your character to level 100, and then contact the school through the provided methods! After that, you will be required to provide your character name and server name, and we will verify the information they receive. Once you have passed the verification, you will be qualified to begin your free Kung Fu lessons in an authentic school! Just a few easy steps to some awesome Kung Fu courses!

Note: Your character must meet the following requirements so as to obtain the free Kung fu lessons.

- Character newly registered after Dec. 16th

- Level 100 +

The number of students is limited, so don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity!

Welcome to the immense world of Conquer Online!
    Here's the school: CHINESE KUNG FU DEVELOPMENT CENTER. It's here in the S.F. Bay Area - there was a time when Eastridge Mall was the place to go as far as shopping malls were concerned. That must have been 20 years ago. I don't think I've been there since...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

just FYI to those curious,
    One of if not the first game to successfully make a monk class based on the Shaolin Temple was Everquest. Everquest 2 also has the monk. It is the most unique class because all other classes are based on European mythology..so it quickly became one of the most popular classes. Some other games have developed some sort of similar class, but it never came as close as it did in EQ. They nailed it.

Okay, I'm moving this back to the Shaolin forum

Quite a promotion for a MMO.
    Conquer Online Kung Fu Tour - Win a Free Trip to China!
    Date: 01-19-2011 Views: 20

There are a lot of events going on in the world of MMOs, but this one is definitely one for the books! Are you a fan of Kung Fu? If so, you might want to pay close attention!

To celebrate the New Year, the leading Chinese online game developer, TQ Digital, has a pretty sweet offer to all the fans of their classic F2P Kung Fu MMO, Conquer Online! There are 3 spots available for a free trip to China! Yes, that’s right! A free trip to China! You will get to visit TQ Headquarters and travel to Song Mountain, a world historical and cultural heritage spot, where you will visit a real-life Shaolin Temple! For the very first time, Conquer Online is bringing its fans to the real orient, to feel the true sense of Chinese culture and to enjoy the majesty and splendor of China!

So, who will be the lucky guy? There is only one way to find out! Become a Conquer player and you will have a chance to win this luxurious 7-day trip. There will be more details coming up soon, so be sure to check out CO's Official Site for more information!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

That special deal

I was a little presumptuous with my post above. The special Conquer Online insert will be in our May June 2011 issue, not our March April 2011 - it'll be for subscribers only so subscribe now!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I was a little presumptuous with my post above. The special Conquer Online insert will be in our May June 2001 issue, not our March April 2011 - it'll be for subscribers only so subscribe now!
    I can't wait for 2001! Flying cars and everything! :P

fixed

my bad.
    thanks for the edit.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

155 TQ Point card

Did you subscribe yet? Because only our subscribers will receive a FREE 155 TQ Point Card for Conquer Online with the May June 2011 issue.

Conquer Online’s Free Trip to China Lucky Draw Event – 1st Stops Revealed

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    PRLog (Press Release) – Feb 22, 2011 – Earlier in January, 2011, TQ Digital announced the “Win a Free Trip to China! Lucky Draw Event” for their famous Kung Fu MMORPG, Conquer Online, and quickly attracted the attention of the masses.

Today, we want to announce to our readers that the first leg of this epic journey is being revealed! We also want to remind you that all our new CO subscribers and existing players are able to take part in this grand sweepstakes! All you need to do is training your character to level 50 and credit one TQ Point Card B between Mar. 15th – Apr. 30th. After that, you can log into the Event Page (Will be revealed at a later time) and sign up for this event! There are 3 slots available, ready to whisk you away on a free trip to China!

During this 7-day trip, you will get to visit TQ Headquarters and travel to Song Mountain, a world historical and cultural heritage spot, where you will visit a real-life Shaolin Temple, as well as even more famous scenic locations in Southern China. The trip is scheduled for July, 2011.

For more information about this please check out http://co.91.com/content/2011-02-22/...05714827.shtml
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

One of if not the first game to successfully make a monk class based on the Shaolin Temple was Everquest.
    Don't forget the 'monk' class from Dungeons and Dragons (way back in the '70s). This was from a time when it was all paper and pencil, with metal figures for a bit visual stimulation. Of course, they didn't use the name Shaolin, but the roots were clear.

Graculus
    http://ichijoji.blogspot.com