Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Whitrod Chow Gar Dvds / Tapes Wanted

Paul Whitrod Chow Gar Dvds / Tapes Wanted

Hi I am after some Paul Whitrod Chow Gar Dvds / Tapes. I know you can buy them direct from the Uk but I haven't got much money, never have and never will. Times have always been tough, just not too tough I hope. They're too expensive for me at £20 a Dvd and I can't afford them. I'm not saying that the Dvds are not worth the money or perhaps they maybe worth even more with everything considered - it's just my situation.

Anyway the violins have been put away for now.

If anyone wants to sell any or trade any I have a few (I got them through a friend).

I'm in the Uk but shipping abroad shouldn't be too much of a problem in relation to the size and weight of the items.

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to send me a message.

Chow Gar DVD's

You can find all of Sifu Withrod's DVD's at:

http://southernprayingmantisdvds.blogspot.com/

The price is the lowest anywhere and shipping is not very expensive to the UK. They have bundles too. Check it out. The site is in progress but it is functional.

or

htttp://shenmartialarts.com/ Here they are sold individually all on DVD format as well.

Cheers.

I'm in australia and have brought several of the Whitrod DVDs and book from Shen Martial Arts (in America) .. just wanted to say recommend him also fast and good communication and willing to change items in "packs" if you already have say 1 of the dvd for a different one.. he also has an ebay store...

I feel you on the £20 which at one point was like AU$60+

I've also traded previously so that might be an avenue.

Also there's alot of clips and ........ stuff ..... online nowadays

SPM Forums have a lot of clips

Good luck!
    Supporter: The Australasian Martial Arts & Self Defence Forums - http://www.OzMAForums.com

Quote Originally Posted by chingjong View Post
    The price is the lowest anywhere and shipping is not very expensive to the UK.
    No, they're cheaper directly from the source, $35 = £22.30 at todays market rate (so probably £24 in real terms)
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Chow Gar dvd's

Yikes! I didn't realize the UK federal reserve was present. It was £21.34 as of this morning and fluctuating up to 21.91 to be exact.

Seriously, the chow gar videos used to sell for twice that in the UK that is why the $35 was such a great deal. If you buy them in bundles they come down to $30, or £18.78, for my exacting, precision minded brethren.

For those of you considering traiding, please respect Sifu Whitrod's intellectual rights and refrain from exchanging illegal copies.

Cheers.

Hello to everyone I thankyou for all your effort and time on this thread. It's greatly appreciated.

I have quite a few of Paul Whitrod's videos and also his book somewhere at home.

I don't use them anymore as predominantly train muay thai now and would be happy enough to let you have them.

Only problem is I'm in canada and they are back in the UK somewhere in my house.

If interested PM me and I'll see what I can do.....
    "We had a thing to settle so I did him"
    Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

Hi thanks for that and your time. I sent you a message.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    btw-Paul has also produced an amazing vid series on how to repair your harley-from basic maintenance and repairs to splitting the cases.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

You could always try on ebay.
    Tung Kong Hakka Chow Gar Naam Pai Tong Long

http://www.youtube.com/user/dmas5animals

Did he ever wind up fighting MMA? I know that was a plan at one stage and from what I know he is well regarded by many non traditionalists as well as TCMA folk.

My old Sifu and Sisuk in Australia spoke very very highly of him. My Sisuk was always an unbelievable Chow Gar man to me, so to hear him rate Mr Whitrod left a lasting impression. This was back in 86 too. He's got a few more years of practice under his belt since then.

TIA for anyone in the know.

belatedly returned the PM
    "We had a thing to settle so I did him"
    Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

You can't learn SPM from vids alone.

You need a partner, preferably someone who knows more than you do.

-jo

Hi no worries I'll check it out and send a reply. Thanks for checking the forum again.

Jo, I realise you can't really learn completely from a video. I guess a video can't speak back to you, tell you where you're going wrong, correct anything, misunderstandings etc. However the good ones could perhaps help with what experience you do have, what you're into etc. You could risk your health just copying anything off videos. I think some of these vids are quite a lot better than some of the Panther Production vids etc for example.

Thanks for your concern though.

'TIA for anyone in the know.' - what does TIA mean?
    Last edited by Martialphoto; 12-03-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martialphoto View Post

'TIA for anyone in the know.' - what does TIA mean?
    Thanks in advance