Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Science Saved My Soul

Science Saved My Soul

It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

For those that don't get youtube at work...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

"Religions tell children they might go to hell and they must believe, while science tells children they came from the stars and presents reasoning they can believe."
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

"Its like the universe screams in your face, "Do you know what I am? How grand I am? How old I am? Can you even comprehend what I am? What are you compared to me?" And when you know it as science, you can just smile up at the universe and reply, "Dude, I am you."

That's my favorite part. That and about how we are all made up of particles that were originally stars blast apart in supernovae that formed our world and in time, us. It's gonna be nice out. I think I'll go star gazing tonight

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    "Its like the universe screams in your face, "Do you know what I am? How grand I am? How old I am? Can you even comprehend what I am? What are you compared to me?" And when you know it as science, you can just smile up at the universe and reply, "Dude, I am you."

That's my favorite part. That and about how we are all made up of particles that were originally stars blast apart in supernovae that formed our world and in time, us.
    For some, "Dude, I am you", also means that the universe is conscious and alive, and we are part of that see of consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    It's gonna be nice out. I think I'll go star gazing tonight
    If you really want to really see the universe, then you should meditate and practice chi kung. Perhaps then you will see the true wisdom behind authentic TCMA practice, and the concept of "chi".

For me, the vastness of the universe and all the things known and unknown within it does not preclude a god.

The corruptions of organized religions also does not preclude a god.

The only thing that excludes god, is people. God is there whether you believe in god or not. Whether you ahve a religion or not, whether the universe is, or is not.

The rules of organized religion have more to do with men and their view than with god.

Just pointing it out.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    For some, "Dude, I am you", also means that the universe is conscious and alive, and we are part of that see of consciousness.

If you really want to really see the universe, then you should meditate and practice chi kung. Perhaps then you will see the true wisdom behind authentic TCMA practice, and the concept of "chi".
    enough... ur a fukcing broken record... u come across like a whiteboy that wishes he were chinese... you really need to just stop, pay attention, and take a minute to pull all those d!cks out of your mouth... seriously... ur worse than a rehabilitated drug addict born again christian....

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    For me, the vastness of the universe and all the things known and unknown within it does not preclude a god.
    Depends on what we define as "god". I am assuming that you are not assuming a male god seating on the top of the clouds and keeping an eye on Hardwork's extramarital acitivities....LOL

The corruptions of organized religions also does not preclude a god.
    Of course not. The corruption of organized religions is based on the fact that they were created (invented) to control human beings by the above average intelligent elite, who today do the same, as well as run the world economy, through banking/corporate cartels.

The only thing that excludes god, is people. God is there whether you believe in god or not. Whether you ahve a religion or not, whether the universe is, or is not.
    We are infinite consciousness and infinite consciousness is us.

The rules of organized religion have more to do with men and their view than with god.
    IMHO, organized religion has nothing to do with god, even if those who follow it may think otherwise.

Organized religion's purpose throughout the centuries has been to control human beings through brainwashing; divide and rule, and dumbing down, on one level, and hijacking their spirituality and stopping them from opening their eyes to the truth of our existance and the real power structure and reasons for all the misery that has been part of our history for centuries.

Just pointing it out.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    enough... ur a fukcing broken record... u come across like a whiteboy that wishes he were chinese...
    To be honest, I am happy with the race I am, thank you very much!

Having said that, I would be honored if I were Chinese too. The Chinese, just like my own race, have a long and rich history and culture. Their accomplishments in art and the sciences are envied (at least by those who have brains), and as you may know, their traditional martial arts are the best and the most effective on the planet, that is, if you are lucky enough to get authentic tuition and have the intellectual and spiritual intellect to stick to it.

So go and eat your hamburger and fries, and then burp loudly to get some much needed attention, and let us, the superior races alone....

you really need to just stop, pay attention, and take a minute to pull all those d!cks out of your mouth...
    See what I mean?

That is sheer bad manners and ignorance, based on your years of practicing Mc Kung fu. I don't blame you though, as most schools out there are mediocre, hence people like you and their confused statements.......

seriously... ur worse than a rehabilitated drug addict born again christian....
    Well, we all know where most of drug addicts and born again Christians come from, don't we?

On a related note, I really wish that many of those who claim to study "kung fu" (LOL!), would at least try and go beyond the purely kick and punch level, and improve themselves from within, but I guess Big Macs, will always be Big Macs, while homemade gourmet food that takes long hours to prepare, will always be gourmet, fit for those who are prepared and cultured enough to get the most out of them, on multiple levels.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 11-22-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    What evidence has science provided that you even have a soul.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    None.

Notice the part "if I have such a thing called a soul, then science saved it?"

It's a figure of speech man.
    - Yagyū Munenori

NDE research in Northern Europe indicates that consciousness does not require a body. Oddly enough..I know! It's interesting isn't it and the implication is huge!

So, there's a little evidence for it. Take it for what it is.

here: http://profezie3m.altervista.org/arc...Lancet_NDE.htm
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Or a conscience? or a thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    "Religions tell children they might go to hell and they must believe, while science tells children they came from the stars and presents reasoning they can believe."
    Some religions do this, this is true.
    Fear USED to have a very powerful effect on people, still does.
    Many religious people believed that the "ends justified the means" so converting via fear was OK because you were "Saving souls".
    I guess in their view it was easier than converting with love, compassion and forgiveness ( also taught by religion).
    Of course even today there are people like that, people that believe that the ends justify the means.
    They are wrong of course, but eh, such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Some religions do this, this is true.
    Fear USED to have a very powerful effect on people, still does.
    Many religious people believed that the "ends justified the means" so converting via fear was OK because you were "Saving souls".
    I guess in their view it was easier than converting with love, compassion and forgiveness ( also taught by religion).
    Of course even today there are people like that, people that believe that the ends justify the means.
    They are wrong of course, but eh, such is life.
    The church creates all these constructs of having one person thinking they can actually convert another person and so on. It is of course utter nonsense as the only way that anyone comes to god is by their own free will and accord and understanding.

putting on a cloth does nothing more than put a cloth on. it's what is in the heart and mind that counts and if people convert because they are afraid of the consequences, they aren't doing anything at all are they?
    Kung Fu is good for you.