Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Sticking Hands

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Yeah , call it what you want but when I post a thread and uninformed responses pop up starting their own sub conversation in the schizophrenic mode we often get here....I do tend to react like a moderator.

An example is this thread.
    I called it like it is.

Everytime I've seen you delete a thread, it was because many people didn't agree with you, your views or the way you act. So you whine, calle people names (like 'uninformed' above) and take 'your' thread down. Sounds exactly like some kids I knew back on the playground. They acted out, the 'group' of peers set them straight, so the start crying, call everyone a stupidhead and take their ball and go home.
    Making excuses and blaming everyone else and mods for your actions like you are here and elsewhere only makes it sadder. I would think martial artists that claim to have the goods would have thicker skin that that..
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    take 'your' thread down... have thicker skin
    If you share some online information, but nobody care about it, I see no reason to leave those information in the public domain. To take those information down is a smart thing to do. All the clips that I have put up, I'll always take it down after few weeks. For those who may be interested in those clips, they have already made a copy. For those who may not be interested, to leave there won't make any difference. I don't see anything wrong in this approach.

Nobody wants to use his hot face to touch someone's cold ass. When that happened, you should remove your hot face from someone's cold ass ASAP. To have thicker skin also means "to be shameless". When someone said, "Go away!" and you still try to hang around, that's "shameless" by my definition. Why should anybody want to put himself into that situation?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 01-30-2014 at 10:12 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Why should anybody want to put himself into that situation?
    Exactly why people shouldn't even start threads if they simply take them down every time they don't go their way.
    Maybe you missed a lot of what Kev has done here in the past few years because the evidence is gone..

Either way, no more needs to be said really
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

What youknowho said , I try to put out information and get Terence mantra ..... Deletion gives me a little control. Otherwise its a mess of mixed conversations and sub topics with guys and agendas just trolling.

I’m at home conducting a private session with Marcus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I’m at home conducting a private session with Marcus.
    Nice clip, thanks. The distorted sound on that logo really hurts the ears!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Nice clip, thanks. The distorted sound on that logo really hurts the ears!

Thanks, I’ll take that in consideration for the next time.

Take care,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Exactly why people shouldn't even start threads if they simply take them down every time they don't go their way.
    Maybe you missed a lot of what Kev has done here in the past few years because the evidence is gone..
    Here is an example.

A: I would like to suggest ...
    B: That's the most stupid idea that I have ever heard ...

Should A take his thread down? Give me just one good reason that A should not.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-08-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Here is an example.

A: I would like to suggest ...
    B: That's the most stupid idea that I have ever heard ...

Should A take his thread down? Give me just one good reason that A should not.
    Well, that's hardly how kev starts the threads he ends up taking down, but do you really have to ask this same question again?

It's simple: for the most part, we're supposed to be grown men training fighting arts, not a bunch of over-sensitive, cry-baby kids who can't take even the slightest criticism and take their ball and run home when things don't go 100% their way. But I've already said this and you still keep asking.
    I can't make it any simpler than I have already, and it's not really worth the effort to continue this discussion..

Take care
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 02-08-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkout View Post
    I haven't posted anything for a long time. I figured I'd go onto the forum and put something up. Why not. Then I was taken right back to the usual crap. You try to have an intelligent conversation, debate, or whatever, and there's always someone who has to make some smartass comment with no useful input. Before long the whole thread is hijacked with smartass posts. If you have a problem with the points, then address them. I don't mind debating. I do mind smartasses. This will be my final post on this forum. I'm done. To the other guys who actually make intelligent posts, keep training and best of luck to you. You guys have more patience than I do. I just can't stand these smartasses anymore and I won't waste anymore of my time. I have no doubt that there will be some smartass posts and disrepectful comments put up about this post which will only prove my point.
    Wow! Just skimmed the last couple of pages here. Ali was just agreeing with you! I didn't take that as him being a "smartass" at all. Your post here definitely sounds like a case of taking your ball and going home crying from the schoolyard like JP described. Sometimes its good to have someone agree with you. I've written long posts on a topic on the past and wondered if anyone was bothering to read them since I got little response either positive or negative. Sometimes its nice to have someone validate what you say by a simple "you noticed that too?" comment.

John: as far as taking something down after a few weeks.....what about the person that missed it the first time and hadn't checked in here in awhile...like Hulkout? If you think people would benefit from your post when you first put it up, why wouldn't people benefit from it later on?

Kevin: you take the cake man! You complain about people taking your threads off topic and so delete them, when you do the same things to others! We would like to see topics stay pure and focused, but that just doesn't happen. Its like having a conversation over beers. Its going to eb and flow and change like any conversation. That's just the nature of the beast. Deleting a thread because you didn't like the way the conversation shifted is like slamming your beer down on the table and huffing off because someone changed the topic or commented on the what the juke box was playing!

JP, you nailed it. I agree with everything you said.

how did this dead thread come back to life?
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    The janitor keep plugging the life support machine back in.

When I practice Chi Sao I strive to stay connected to my opponent the best I can.
    Finally Got my Sifu to share our Ngo Dac Na systematized training online.

You can visit us on Youtube

You can also find us at EnterShaolin.com

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wtxs View Post
    The janitor keep plugging the life support machine back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by air View Post
    When I practice Chi Sao I strive to stay connected to my opponent the best I can.
    Sooo ... youda janitor?