Thread: RUSSIAN MARTIAL ART "SYSTEMA"

Threaded View

Hi all

Great to read some feed back from you all on this topic

I am interested to hear about the psychic or religious undercurrents that some of you have experienced.

I have only read about the psychic element which was touched upon in one of the hand books that came with DVD's from one of the top Russian guys (Vlad) based in Canada.

www.russianmartialart.com/

As for the religious aspect.....I have not come into contact with that either but had read about it in the Systema background.

The guy I have been training with just spent 6 months with Vlad in Canada and he is pretty straight up with no out of the box theory’s as yet - so all good so far.

He said some of the people he trained with were a mixed bag with K1 fighters etc and really experienced people.

He also mentioned alot of people who went could not deal with the reality side of things - meaning the instructors would throw them into alot of random situations.

For example guys using dead weight smothering your head -then instructors saying ok how do you get out of this -basically showing you what may be lacking in your training.

One thing he did say which was very interesting was that one of the head instructors - Vlad was very very good.

My friend has loads of MMA training over a variety of styles and systems and he said he (Vlad) saw me coming every time.

He put this down to life or death experience that Vlad had with Special Forces -that he (my friend) will never experience.

An edge if you like that I know I will never get no matter how much I train!!!!

So I put it out for discussion that to reach the highest levels of this system you have to have killer instinct as Systema comes from reality life or death training weather it be unarmed or with a weapon and in any situation

What do you guys think about this line of thinking
    Last edited by Blacktiger; 01-08-2007 at 04:10 PM.