Thread: Martial Arts and other sports

Martial Arts and other sports

Somewhere on this forum, there was a vid posted of Chinese guy doing a form with a golf club. It was hilarious because it was actually pretty good for what it was. I just spent my max 5 minutes searching for it and gave up. So I thought I'd start this here thread - a new one that I can probably fill up with newsfeed pieces.
    The Golf Sensei blends golf, martial arts expertise to give golfers the best of both worlds

golf_sensei1SAN DIEGO, Calif. -- It is not often that we can have the best of both worlds, but Jamie Leno Zimron, a Class A LPGA Teaching Professional and 5th Degree Aikido Black Belt has blended her expertise in martial arts, psychology and fitness with her lifelong passion for golf into a successful career - and powerful new golf instruction.

Known as The Golf Sensei (master instructor), Zimron has studied widely with masters in many fields and has taught Aikido, golf, body-mind fitness, self-mastery and conflict resolution in a variety of settings both nationally and internationally. She helped introduce Aikido, the Martial Art of Peace, into the former Soviet Union; co-founded the Association of Women Martial Arts Instructors; and is a co-founder and director of the Middle East Aikido Peace Project.

As an LPGA Pro, Jamie is dedicated to bringing effective holistic training methods to golfers of all ages and abilities everywhere. Noting that statistics show only a slight rise in participation and improvement in golf, despite great advances in golf technology and spectator popularity, The Golf Sensei offers people the missing east-west, body-mind links that underlie the success of such premier players as Tiger Woods, Annika Sorenstam, Phil Mickelson, Lorena Ochoa and others.

Aikido and golf are a natural combination, said Zimron. Both consist of fluid circular motion, requiring skilled focus under pressure and clear communication between the body, mind and emotions. Golf is not just a mental game or just mechanics or just equipment or just better fitness. It is all of the above in an integrated way. Increasing self-mastery is the secret ingredient to success, and the true key to playing better golf and enjoying the game more.

A uniquely gifted speaker and teacher, Zimron offers leading-edge golf-and-life programs to individuals, groups, organizations and corporate events. Ken Blanchard, author of The One-Minute Manager and co-founder of The Golf University, says of The Golf Sensei: Golf is all about energy and Jamie is the master, let her be your guide.

For more information about Jamie Leno Zimron, and her award-winning KiAi Golf Instructional DVD Series, visit her Web site at www.kiaigolf.com or www.centeredgolfing.com.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Here we go again

Maybe I should change the title to Martial Arts and Golf.
    Kung Fu Master Lowers Golf Handicaps

PLANT CITY, Fla., May 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Former Martial Arts Champion and golf veteran, Arthur D'Agostino, uses his 40 years of martial arts experience as a training tool out on the green. What separates his Zen on the Green golf training program from the other 22,000 certified instructors from The United States Golf Teachers Federation is his use of Zen meditation.

"Learning to master your mind's ability to focus, and your body's ability to perform and rise to the challenge with unshakeable confidence, are the essential elements to perfecting your game," said D'Agostino.

As a master of Zen martial arts, D'Agostino has competed and won major championships over the years. In 1989, the esteemed athlete ranked number one at the Chinese Martial Arts International Championship in Houston. This honor is the highest given for Kung Fu practitioners in the U.S.

D'Agostino started using his knowledge of eastern, mind-body disciplines and Zen training to excel in golf. Five years ago, he opened Zen on the Green, a golf training program that has given avid golfers and beginners alike, the opportunity to enhance their game.

Brandy Oliver, a health fitness trainer and one of D'Agostino's beginner students, said, "Before my journey into discovering that 'Zen' is possible on the green, I was all over the place. Everyone talks about golf being a mental game, but no one addresses it to really make a difference, like Art. Now, I'm using Zen on the Green techniques to improve my confidence, consistency and accuracy."

More golfers are beginning to take on the challenge of entering the "Zen zone" instead of wasting money and repeating the same classes over and over again. Compared to many existing training methods, Zen on the Green is more effective and less expensive over time. Once a student grasps the concepts taught, they will reach peak performance levels.

The program is located in Plant City, Fla. at the Walden Lake Golf and Country Club. To accommodate students arriving from outside the area, D'Agostino coordinates with hotels and other golf courses to reduce the travel and course expense. Packages include two-day, one-on-one personal training, and can be broken down into single day mini sessions.

To learn more about Zen on the Green, visit www.zenonthegreen.com.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZimy_vVXKM

Watch his hips. He generates all his power by first moving from the waist.
    没转腰,没练功夫。

As for the whole zen thing.