Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: RUSSIAN MARTIAL ART "SYSTEMA"

All I will say is:

Go and see Vlad in Canada -take a class and see how hard they hit.

They like fresh meat
    Amen, people seem to love to talk a lot about things they dont know about first hand. Vlad's school is in Toronto if I recall. Or look up your local Systema place, wait until they have him out for a seminar, and get hit by him. Then come back and tell us how fake it was
    -Golden Arms-

I don't know...

I've taken some pretty heavy shots from people who were pretty bad martial artists before.

I know a construction worker who is a diving lunger. Guy hits like a ton of lead lined bricks... but he's pretty easy to beat in a sparring match if you know how to roll with a shot.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I don't know...

I've taken some pretty heavy shots from people who were pretty bad martial artists before.

I know a construction worker who is a diving lunger. Guy hits like a ton of lead lined bricks... but he's pretty easy to beat in a sparring match if you know how to roll with a shot.
    Again, they tend to be very open to having anyone that would like to, join a class and feel it for themselves from my experience. I am not saying Systema trumps all other systems out there, but I am saying, if you want to know, you really have no excuse to not find out first hand yourself, if there is a place local to you, whether they can hit for real, and take shots as well.
    -Golden Arms-

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I have not. Next time I'm in Toronto with time to kill to take in a demo class I will though.

(Don't hold your breath, I'm probably headed out west soon.)
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I have not. Next time I'm in Toronto with time to kill to take in a demo class I will though.

(Don't hold your breath, I'm probably headed out west soon.)
    Richmond hill if my memory is correct.

I'll keep that in mind.

I have an ex-girlfriend whose family lives out that way... other than that I have 0 connection to Richmond Hill and would normally never go there.
    Simon McNeil

I'll keep that in mind.

I have an ex-girlfriend whose family lives out that way... other than that I have 0 connection to Richmond Hill and would normally never go there.
    Vlad is a good man and his students are all nice guys, I few have done Kyokuhsin.

I'll take your word for it.
    Simon McNeil

One of my very good friends in the martial arts studies systema.

What you see on youtube is not all there is to it. Its interesting.
    Vlad is to pricy for me, but I got dvds! woot! lol

Russian martial arts are good.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'll keep that in mind.

Check him out you wont regret it.

Friend of mine from here in oz spent 3 months with him last year, said it was fantastic, if you live in Canada you have no excuse - get on down and check it out. To have a guy like Vlad in your own backyard and not to go see him is a crime

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktiger View Post
    Check him out you wont regret it.

Friend of mine from here in oz spent 3 months with him last year, said it was fantastic, if you live in Canada you have no excuse - get on down and check it out. To have a guy like Vlad in your own backyard and not to go see him is a crime
    not having the money is a valid excuse. He is pricey.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Personally Rogue, and this may be another topic but I have never bought into these systems that push across a modality of "relaxed striking."

I find a lot of it to be a mound of horse dung from even the most ground floor level of logic.

Why....your very own body will often not let you respond with relaxed striking, and no secret squirrel fake Cossack history "soft-style" or "flow" training will allow you to rewire your hypothalamus gland to not release adrenaline and noradrenaline from the adrenal medulla into the bloodstream.

As you well know, and I am just typing to type here, when you fight or get into a scruff, you will be tense, your heart rate is going to go up, your going to get an increase in respiration, your blood pressure gets wacky, blood is pulled away from surface vessels to be pumped into muscles, which in turn, depending on one's world of mental and physical experience, leads to a general lose of fine motor skills and often the shakes because of the glucose which is released by the liver.

This is just a part of the physical side, the psychological side is just as bad if not worse, if one is not training under a solid enough stressor.

Not being preachy but just talking old chum

I am all for training relaxed and whipping power strikes, such as a gross motor cupped hand blow or slap, but what Systema does is just not that but a whole, relaxed approach that goes beyond.

Lets not even get into the no-touch bulldunk.
    I hate the glucose shaky thing do you have an article online I can read what you wrote from a university text level? I'm studying fitness theory and want a few pages on what you wrote!.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    I hate the glucose shaky thing do you have an article online I can read what you wrote from a university text level? I'm studying fitness theory and want a few pages on what you wrote!.
    I wouldn't hold my breath for him to respond. Isn't he the guy that got banned for racism?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Systema spetsnaz - russian martial art

Hello everybody! I would like to introduce our style and invite you to our upcoming events / seminar.

Systema SpetsNaz Russian Style Combat International Center offers training in a reality based survival system of self defense.

The roots of Systema - Russian Martial Art - date to the 10th century - developed by Cossacks - Russian Warrior’s. Traditional training methods are utilized with modern combat concepts of SpetsNaz - Russian Special Forces, which are based on scientific approach and is adaptable for military, police, security or civilian training.

The systema is based on the natural flow of energy and efficiency of motion within space and time. Techniques are simple and practical, allowing the student to learn and advance at their own pace.

2010 Seminars:

INTENSE OUTDOOR & INDOOR TRAINING
    TEST YOUR MIND, BODY & SPIRIT
    EXCLUSIVE SPETSNAZ FIGHTING SKILLS

Dates:

July 5th -15th (10 days) - Master Class Seminar
    Tver - Russia

August 18th - 22nd (5 days) - Master Class Seminar
    Los Angles, CA - USA

Please, contact me with any questions!
    Email: Info@SystemaSpetsNaz.com
    Web Site: www.SystemaSpetsNaz.com
    Last edited by SystemaSpetsNaz; 05-02-2010 at 12:04 AM.