Thread: Nc mma

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Nc mma

A new promotions company:

http://www.blackeyepromotions.com/

had it's first fight night here last night. 'Rise of the Champions'

A buddy of mine,Vincent Alberico: the 175 pounder that you may have heard me talk about whipping my ass, competed in his last amateur fight before going for his pro license the first of the year. He won in :19 with some quick punching.

Here's a clip of him in a match last July:

http://www.purefight.org/coverage/23...vs-Tony-Rogers

Fox Sports South is supposed to show the event in Dec and Jan a couple of times. If I find out exact showtimes, I'll post here.

All of the fights were decent. No brawling, everyone showed good technique even if some of the matches were over really quick. A couple in the pro division went three rounds for decisions but there were a couple of tko's and subs but I don't think there were any actually KO's.

It will be good to see if these guys can keep the momentum and draw. The venue was ok, but a bit overpriced since most of the 'seating' was standing. They did have 4, LCD's on each side of the screen but I don't think they were more than 3' screens. Overall, it was run well, and not a lot of BS. Some stalling between fights since several were over very quick.

I did just miss getting Rashad's autograph by about 12 people in line as they quit at showtime.

There was one fight in the crowd towards the end. Effing stupid.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

clip of Vinny's fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GkPBRF7sCo

looks like a cellphone clip but not too bad
    Last edited by Oso; 11-22-2010 at 06:39 AM.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"