Thread: My student's first San Shou fight

My student's first San Shou fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IksDrdxDtRU
    Only been training 7 months. He lost on ringouts, but I was pretty pleased with his performance. Just need to stop him squaring up when he gets hit. His opponent had been training 3 years apparently.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Thumbs up

There was an obvious difference in experience levels in the video, however, for having only trained for 7 months, and this being his first fight, he did a d@mn good job, he stayed aggressive, even after getting hit cleanly, it didn't look like he got discouraged. Any problems observed in this video are due to a lack of experience. He did a good job.

not bad, I like his aggresiveness. Givem a couple more fights and he'll be fine

ginosifu

He has nice solid hits in there! for 7 months of training, he's great! i'd love to see him after a year a training.

So your guy was the black shorts white shirt?
    Overall I'd say it was good fight.
    The blue shorts black shirt was more of a waiter and had good cutting kicks.
    The white shirt black shorts guy had good aggression.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Greetings,

Your student had only one combination: a round kick followed by two punches. He got picked apart when he stopped doing that and went for single attacks. Considering he was working one combination, he did alright. He'll be a real monstrous beast when he develops a few more. I did like his aggression.

mickey

Good heart by your student, he stood in there with a more experienced and better opponent and gave his all. Two things I noticed were him constantly turning his back after being hit, which is bad because not only can you get rained in with strikes you expose yourself for a throw in San Shou.

The other thing is he went to the well one too many times with his low roundhouse kick. His opponent kept checking and counter punching everytime. This is not a critisism, just an assestment. Your guy showed great heart and determination and stood in with a more experienced opponent. He will only get better.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Your student did a great job. Fun fight to watch,thanks for posting it.

I think the problem was he always squared up when he was hit, which then meant he couldn't defend subsequent hits and his balance failed him. I think he was only leg checked twice (although that second time caused a massive haematoma), and it's difficult not to keep using something that's working really well (I mean he had pretty much 100% hit rate with the jab, and 85% with the cross and low kick. In fact his opponent had to withdraw after 30 seconds of his next fight because the first time he got leg kicked in that fight he couldn't stand any more due to the damage he'd taken.
    Ultimately his opponent adapted better than he did, once he realised that Alan kept squaring up after the first hit he started letting him come on to him and then counter punching and then catching him when he was off balance.
    Once we've worked on that at rounded out his skillset, I'm hopeful of great things.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

This was his first fight, and I'd guess as he has only trained 7 months how much sparring did he actually have? So, a lot of what he did there was in the context of "chemical dump", anxiety and inexperience. So, that was a very good job for a first time.

And, remember, you just get better , no matter what the "outcome"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Very nice fight, if he trains more and longer he will be a good fighter.

Maybe a little more agressive would be wonderfull.
    Sometimes I seen he whas to mercyfull.
    And my opinion is the person on the mat is your enemy until its done and you of that mat!

But this is my idea of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanak View Post
    Very nice fight, if he trains more and longer he will be a good fighter.

Maybe a little more agressive would be wonderfull.
    Sometimes I seen he whas to mercyfull.
    And my opinion is the person on the mat is your enemy until its done and you of that mat!

But this is my idea of it.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Talking ^^^^^^^^^

LMAO, thanks Iron eagle, I got milk on the comp screen now!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    lmao

This whassent my idea.
    Maybe had to say in other way, he need more experience.

But my englisch is not that good.