Thread: LMAO !!! Airport security !!!

Airport baggage screening game

Here.

Listen to the intro and then you can play the game. It's pretty hard. I got a 75% with 4 false alarms for a total grade of D.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

LMAO !!! Airport security !!!

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

There's an old thread for everything here!

"I have a bomb in my a**" had got to be the stupidest thing to say at airport security ever.

Wait...it wasn't a forum member, was it?

'There's a bomb in my pants': Passenger held at Beijing airport over hoax
    Passenger said he told officers he had placed a device in his body because he was angry over the slow pace of security checks
    PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 19 March, 2014, 11:57am
    UPDATED : Wednesday, 19 March, 2014, 4:37pm
    Stephen Chen binglin.chen@scmp.com

A man has been put in detention for five days after he told officers at a security checkpoint at Beijing’s international airport that he had hidden a bomb in his rectum.

The passenger was in a hurry to board his aircraft and made up the bomb threat because he was angry about the slow pace going through security, the Beijing city government’s news website reported.

The threat led to a security alert, with passengers moved to other areas of the airport for safety.

The man was arrested at Terminal 3 at Beijing Capital International Airport on Monday.

He showed signs of anxiety and made constant complaints about the slow progress of security checks, the report said.

After he was asked to remove his shoes to go through security screening he said: “Do I need to drop my pants as well? I have a bomb in my a**.”

An airport security official asked him he repeat what he said, and he did, according to the report.

A security alert was activated and the checkpoint was shut down. Passengers were evacuated to other areas of the airport.

The man was searched and taken to the nearest police station.

No details were given about the man or where he was flying to.

The search found no security threat and the alert was called off a few hours later.

The man told officers he was angry because he thought the security checks were a waste of time and he never anticipated the consequences of his remarks, according to the report.

The shutdown of the security checkpoint had affected many travellers and severely disrupted the operation of the airport, according to the authorities.

The Supreme Court ruled last year after a series of bomb hoaxes at airports that offenders should be jailed for at least five years if any disruption had caused economic losses of over 500,000 yuan (HK$631,000).

A 25-year-old man was jailed for three years earlier this month after he said there was a bomb at Chongqing airport. He was angry that his girlfriend was flying to meet another man in Inner Mongolia, the news website Southcn.com reported.

A doctor in Beijing was jailed for six months in January after she rang a security hotline to say there was a bomb on an aircraft flying from the capital to Shanghai. She suspected her boyfriend was taking another woman on a foreign trip, according to the Legal Evening News.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Busted for Bat-a-rangs!

Razor-sharp martial arts weapons found at BWI
    By Dana Hedgpeth November 2 at 9:46 AM

Razor-sharp martial arts weapons found at checkpoint at BWI on Sunday. (Courtesy of TSA)

Authorities said they detected three razor-sharp martial arts weapons at a checkpoint at Thurgood Marshall Baltimore-Washington International airport.

The weapons, called batarangs, looked like bat-shaped items. They were found at a checkpoint at the airport on Sunday, according to officials with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

[TSA agents found a lot of loaded guns in carry-on bags last year]

Passengers have been known to try to carry stun guns, loaded guns and other inappropriate items on planes.
    Wait...which martial arts trains bat-a-rangs exactly? Don't say Keysi.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Wait...which martial arts trains bat-a-rangs exactly? Don't say Keysi.
    How about this? Lol.

http://www.getdatgadget.com/batman-t...-pocket-knife/

I'd actually be embarrassed to own, much less carry, one of these. It looks like one of those cheap $5 made-in-China designs that might be sold at a gas station or a car wash (or a novelty shop).
    Last edited by Jimbo; 11-02-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    How about this? Lol.

http://www.getdatgadget.com/batman-t...-pocket-knife/

I'd actually be embarrassed to own, much less carry, one of these. It looks like one of those cheap $5 made-in-China designs that might be sold at a gas station or a car wash (or a novelty shop).
    Outside of novelty there is little point. I remember when everyone wanted the Rambo knife and all the crap knock offs that came down the pike. Thats all I ever saw. Crap knockoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Outside of novelty there is little point. I remember when everyone wanted the Rambo knife and all the crap knock offs that came down the pike. Thats all I ever saw. Crap knockoffs.
    Name:  MC-KABARwithSheath.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  78.5 KB

Never mind that crap. You want one of these for authentic US Mil knife goodness.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Name:  MC-KABARwithSheath.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  78.5 KB

Never mind that crap. You want one of these for authentic US Mil knife goodness.
    Nice. I believe Camillius produced the first Ka-Bars. But Ka- Bar made more and the name stuck.

I used to own a Gerber Mark 2. I never used it for anything. I did not want to ruin it, LOL. I ended up giving it to a buddy when I left California.

edit-did a quik search on forums and wiki. It seems Ka-Bar name may have been infact an accident. Misread somthing or other. Union Cutlery Co is credited with the design and name screw up but Camillius made the most Ka-Bars during WW2. There was 2-3 other companies producing them as well. Potentially making them the most sought after as they would likely be rarer to find.

Ka-Bar is a well made all around tough knife. I wont be carrying it unless I am in the woods which I have not been in 20+ years.

Edit. The Marines used to teach essentially one method of using this knife against an enemy combatant. Blade up. Basically rush in and stick in the center of belly and rip up.
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 11-03-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Gil Hibben

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    I remember when everyone wanted the Rambo knife and all the crap knock offs that came down the pike. Thats all I ever saw. Crap knockoffs.
    I used to sell blades at knife and gun shows and I had the pleasure of meeting Gil Hibben, the maker of the original Rambo knife and consequently some other of Stallone's movie knives. I can't remember exactly what year it was when we crossed paths - late 80s/early 90s. By then, the furor over Rambo knives had died down, and Hibben had a table of some of his custom pieces. They were extraordinary. You can't judge his work by the mass produced stuff he did for United Cutlery in the wake of Rambo. Those were just his moneymakers. The artistry and craftsmanship of his custom work - his one-of-a-kind pieces - was top shelf stuff and commanded top dollar. And it was worth it.

But back to bat-a-rangs, I would carry one if it actually worked like on the original show. It would have to fold in half, and then it would have to be usable to anchor a rope to climb up a wall, and maybe have Bruce Lee pop out of the window of that wall for a meet and greet. I would totally carry one of those.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I used to sell blades at knife and gun shows and I had the pleasure of meeting Gil Hibben, the maker of the original Rambo knife and consequently some other of Stallone's movie knives. I can't remember exactly what year it was when we crossed paths - late 80s/early 90s. By then, the furor over Rambo knives had died down, and Hibben had a table of some of his custom pieces. They were extraordinary. You can't judge his work by the mass produced stuff he did for United Cutlery in the wake of Rambo. Those were just his moneymakers. The artistry and craftsmanship of his custom work - his one-of-a-kind pieces - was top shelf stuff and commanded top dollar. And it was worth it.

But back to bat-a-rangs, I would carry one if it actually worked like on the original show. It would have to fold in half, and then it would have to be usable to anchor a rope to climb up a wall, and maybe have Bruce Lee pop out of the window of that wall for a meet and greet. I would totally carry one of those.

Well, you could always spend 80 years doing wall climbing kung and hope that works in the high winds.

United Cutlery isn't exactly known for high quality products. Mostly movie knife/sword reproductions and fantasy-themed junk. Hibben would not have made anything for them himself, just licensed some of his designs for them to manufacture with his name on them, probably in China. I'm sure his own custom stuff was worlds above his United stuff.

I've owned a Ka-Bar USMC knife since the '70s, but I never found its ergonomics particularly comfortable during use. If I were going to get a fixed blade for camping or whatever, I'd probably prefer a knife by Becker (a separate line produced by Ka-Bar), or maybe a Busse knife.

I myself only carry a folder, lately preferring a CRK (Chris Reeve Knives) Sebenza Insingo. They're not cheap, and they aren't fancy, but their quality is such that I probably wouldn't ever need to buy another.

I also find that the Victorinox Spirit multi-tool I carry on my belt is almost invaluable. I much prefer it to the Leatherman tools.

*edit to add:
    I wouldn't carry any knife or tool within 100 yards of any airport, sporting event, amusement park, etc., where they're off-limits.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 11-03-2015 at 09:44 PM.