Thread: "Pathology of Iron Palm" Book

Hybrid View

"Excursions in Iron Palm" Book

KFMers,

Im pleased to announce that the new book, "Pathology of Iron Palm" is NOW available for pre-order. During pre-order, this book is availabe for $5 off the cover price of $45. Pre-order will last for approximately 3 weeks (were not sure exactly how long yet) and we plan to ship all pre-ordered copies of the book prior to Christmas.

If you want to see whats in this book and why its different than other iron palm products, read a description, see the table of contents, or make a pre-order purchase, you can read more here:

http://www.plumdragonherbs.com/catal...roducts_id/255

Im proud to be offering this book and I believe that every one who trains in, teaches, or has a passing interest in iron palm will find new and useful information and concepts to add to your training or information base.

Regards,
    Josh
    Last edited by PlumDragon; 12-01-2010 at 06:04 AM.

If it's as good as your jow, I'll have to get a copy.
    Before you go on a journey of vengence, dig two graves.

do I get a Sifu discount?

You know I'll buy a copy... and good luck with it!

ginosifu

With respect, you talk about the Pathology, long term effects and the like. Do you have science to back this up, or do you have the traditional 'explanations?'

My initial impression is that this is a modern 'translation' of the traditional training effects, using western science and pathology? In addition to the training and meds?
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Thanks for the positive remarks, guys!

Sifu Gino, I apologize I cannot offer any additional special discount or I would have many people emailing saying, "Me too me too". However, please feel free to contact me through emai or PM and we can discuss some options.

Yum Cha, the "pathology" refers to a TCM 5-element analysis of the organ meridians that are stressed through this type of training. We didnt do any long-term scientific studies, although there is a big chunk of material near the end that uses conclusions from sports science for program design and modification that Ive included from my time as a professional personal trainer under ACE.

But the 5-element part is the result of time with a friend of mine who is a DOM who prefers 5-element theory. This part of the book may provoke some discussion as there are varying views on 5-element theory. However, this only makes up a small part of the book and there are some key points aside from the details that anyone can take from the 5-element discussion that makes the proceeding chapters more worthwhile.

Ultimately, the "pathology" as we call it is only 5-10 pages of a 100+ page book; the book goes on to other things that I feel are as or more important. The "pathology" just happened to be the initial idea that spurred writing for the book; "Pathology of iron palm" is just a catchy title.

By the way, Happy Thanksgiving!!

Not to be an ass but using a scientific name implies scientific foundation.
    Do you mention Wolf's Law for example?
    Look, when you decide to put up a book on ANYTHING and give the impression that the book is based on science ( which you do when using a term like "pathology") then it falls on the author to back up his/her assertion with science.
    Just saying.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !