Thread: How do you defend aginst a front shove

Hybrid View

How do you defend aginst a front shove

How does your system defend against the dreaded "Double Handed Front Shove"? You know that drunk guy that thinks you spilled beer and is up in your face. Then, when he gets close enough both of his hands shove forward slamming your chest back.

I am going to try and put together a youtube video together explaining this hopefully tommorrow. I am going to get a couple of students and film a bit of our self defense against the shove.

what's your opinon?

ginosifu

deflect, turn the waist, push the side gate.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

punch him in the face as hes reaching at you to shove

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Blog Entries
    well, the way we defend against that double handed push is to take a step back with one foot (like stepping back into a Tip Toe or Cat Stance) to avoid the "PUSH" while the right hand comes up under one of his arms while the left one comes over the top of his other arm. One hand presses down and out while the other rises up and out. This causes the other guys arms open wide while his torso pushes forward. After that we can either knee him, or front snap kick, or whatever. it's up to you at that moment of time.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

I don't drink, therefore I don't go to bars, therefore I don't get shoved by drunk people. Probably not the answer you were looking for, but the easiest and most effective way to avoid a fight is to avoid a fight.

the two handed shove is common in street fights even when youre attacker isnt a drunk

usually both parties shove each other hoping one will back down from it turning into a full on altercation

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Blog Entries
    Out here in the SF bay area, we don't push back. one someone has decided to put his hands on you "IT's ON!" that's when the blows start flying.

Blog Entries
    OR! you can try whats in this next video.....

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/53d827d5af

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
    I don't drink, therefore I don't go to bars.
    lol ur lsoer

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Thanks everyone. Hopefully tommorrow I'll have some vids dending on how lazy my students are and if they will even wake up.

ginosifu

Drunk guys moves to shove me, I just move aside and watch him fall on his face.
    Non-drunk guy who wants to hurt me? Same as someone else mentioned here with the waist turn, only I grab the back collar, step in for the trip, and face slam the dumb ******* into the ground with his own fool momentum. Stomp stomp kick, rinse and repeat until threat is neutralized.

Yeah, there's a few things they can do to get away from that, though they normally don't. However, they still have the forward momentum, and they are stuck with that. Ues according to how they react.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    lol ur lsoer
    Maybe so, but I can spell and use proper grammar.

when pushed or pulled always go with the direction of thier force, to try to go against it is foolish.
    when pushed simply use your wrists to make inward circles and rediirect thier force onward/past you and outward/away form you. After this you can choose to or not to counter.

same thing with a single handed push, only a slight turn of the waist is needed with a slight parry is needed.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

can be tricky depending on: suprise, space, size, reaction time, agility, how drunk you are

im of the mind that if you 'know' something is coming, pre-emptive attack, thats just what i believe (uki's headbutt is perfect lol). but if you get suprised, reaction time, agility and footwork will save you from falling down. if you think its coming but dont attack first, but can be prepared by even a fraction of a second, you 'might' be able to dissipate the force if you move back putting him off balance, or avoid the shove all together, then you can counter with strikes or grappling. move inside with strikes, sweep/throw, or clinch.

or grab a bar stool and yell 'bar fight' and try to start a rumble till the bouncers own both of you.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Not a fan of the headbutt. Could accidentally kill the guy if you hit them hard enough.

That and a last second shift on the part of either of you, and you end up knocking yourself out.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"